1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Green Bible?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Linda64, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

An earth-friendly bible? Hmmmmmm Where in the Bible does it say we are to "save the earth?" Isn't the earth under a curse and isn't it going to be burned up?
    Any thoughts about this "newfangled" bible?

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Green is definitely the new Black. ;)

Creation Care Magazine has a good list of bible verses about caring for God's creation.

This "new" bible isn't really new. It is just the NRSV with a different colour font for some verses. Many Christians today do not realize how the theme of caring for God's creation pervades throughout the bible and this bible might be a good reminder of that.

I do see it as being a fad because of the current popularity of environmentalism. I also don't feel that there is a need to emphasize verses about caring for God's creation, just like I don't feel there is a need to emphasize Christ's words in red.

But for some, the colour difference may be a helpful reminder.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Since I had accidentally left the Bible (NKJV) I usually use in the truck that was hooked to the cattle trailer the night before, and that truck was not here, I took my own green Bible (MLB) to church services Sunday Morning.

Does that count?? :D

Ed

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I wonder if it is LEED certified?