1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McCain and the price of $Milk$

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Jul 24, 2008.

1. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

I give credit for McCain today finding out what the price of milk was in Pennsylvania here in Wisconsin we have it pretty good but even here
    it may go overe $4 dollars a gallon .

I feel for McCain but it seems his campaign cannot catch a break even at this store he should have depended on just plain regualar folk instead of someone planted.

From Newsweek:
    Finally, there was the fact that Renee Gould, the young mother McCain had an extended chat with about the high price of tomatoes and milk, was not a random shopper, but an area resident funneled to the campaign by the local Republican Party. Gould's admission (a reporter cornered her and asked how she came to be there) was ultimately not all that surprising. Even with the amusing mishaps, the entire event came off as canned, and McCain—whose discomfort with the phoniness required by politics has always been evident—spent most of his time shifting uncomfortably.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stum...in-scenes-from-a-bethlehem-grocery-store.aspx

Now I really feel for those people in Florida

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsSlrjmlyNg

so its warm milk and off to bed

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

who would know better local area prices and shopping then an 'area resident'.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If he's uncomfortable with being phoney then he shouldn't be phoney. The price of milk is about right with the value of the dollar.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Don't worry about McCain. He married a millionaires and milk is bad for adults.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

It said nothing about McCain being phoney.
    But in the fact they asked a local woman to go in the store to see the prices.
    At least he was interested in what day to day life is costing the rest of us.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"Even with the amusing mishaps, the entire event came off as canned, and McCain—whose discomfort with the phoniness required by politics has always been evident"

Hey if he's that interested he can climb on down here with all us regular global citizens and we'll all get "harmonized" together. Yeah it tears his heart out to sell us all off to his paisans in the international banking cartels. Sure thing, um hm.

#6 poncho, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  7. donnA

donnA Active Member

That goes for Obama and every other politician too doesn't it? Then if it so far has been acceptable for them not to 'climb down', then it is still acceptable. This kind of argument carries no weight.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I see what you mean I can't make head nor tails out of it. :)