1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mexican Troops Cross Border, Hold Border Agent

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 10:33 AM
    By: Jim Meyers Article Font Size

Mexican troops crossed the border into Arizona and held a U.S. Border Patrol agent at gunpoint on Sunday, according to a published report.

Agents assigned to the Border Patrol at Ajo, Ariz., said the Mexican soldiers crossed the border into an isolated area southwest of Tucson and pointed rifles at the agent, who has not been identified.

The Mexicans withdrew after other American agents arrived on the scene, The Washington Times reports.

It’s not known why the troops crossed the border, but American law enforcement authorities have said that current and former Mexican soldiers have been hired to protect drug and immigrant smugglers.

LINK

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We started the down-hill slide of pacifism after the refusal of Truman to allow our guys to follow the N Korean (?) fighters into China & destroy them.

Remember the Pueblo? The Iranian hostage situation? The Cole (think that's the name of the vessel)?
    And how many more assaults on our freedoms that we just "turned the other cheek" in the hopes that we could "set a good example"!?

Too many Americans naively think that freedom is free; gonna be too late when they wake up and realize that if we don't fight to keep it now, it will have disappeared like the morning dew!

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I agree 100%!

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Makes you wonder why the National Guard was not called in to assist, oh wait they aren't allowed to carry weapons. :tonofbricks: Never mind.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Perhaps now we'll secure that hole...

6. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This incident is just a symptom of the malady called greed.

We have allowed cheap, unskilled labor across our borders for decades. It is everywhere--inside and outside the camp. Now what? Let's put crocodiles in the Rio Grande and a 12' high fence with concertina wire the entire length of the border. Surely there must be tunnels by now. Time for a DMZ?

Remember the Alamo? Soon after, Sam Houston let the captured Santa Ana live--big mistake. It is all Sam's fault, not the one from Arkansas, perhaps his progeny--also stockholders in Big Oil.

Selah,

Bro. James

#6 Bro. James, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008