1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Talk a Woman out of Abortion in the UK? Two Years Jail

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LONDON, August 26, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Crisis pregnancy centres, as well as doctors, nurses and midwives, may be subject to prosecution and a two-year jail sentence if they convince a woman to forego an abortion. Under a proposed amendment to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill, those groups advertising services to pregnant women who provide "false information" or even information that is "factually correct" that convinces a woman to change her mind about abortion, will have committed an offense.

Tabled by one of David Cameron's Tory MPs, John Bercow, the amendment says, "It shall be an offence to deliberately mislead through advertising in relation to the termination of pregnancy and alternatives thereto." Bercow has recently gone on record in support of an effort to bring explicit "sex-education" to six-year-old children in mandatory school curriculums.

The amendment continues, "Any person, association or body corporate shall be guilty of an offence" if they provide "material which ... contains false information and is untruthful ... or in its overall presentation deceives or is in any way likely to deceive the average person...even if the information is factually correct".

More Here

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sad decision made in the UK.

However, I think we need to fix our constitution before we criticize another countries. We have no right to life clause one way or another.

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

This is the kind of society the secular humanist Obama and the liberal elites want to bring about here in the U.S. And Christians support him? Incredible.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

More like sad, disgusting, and ungodly.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is certainly not true, Obama want to focus on unwanted pregnancies and though pro-choice, is personally against abortion. I don't see him signing a law against health care workers talking someone out of an abortion. If they can be talked out of the abortion then they were unsure and straddling the fence so should be presented better alternatives.

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

He is? Are you sure about that? He indicated that abortion would be a perfectly fine alternative than to punish his daughter with a baby.

That's ok, keep telling yourself lies like this one (and that human life does not begin at conception), so you can justify your sin of voting for Obama.

7. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Let's also remember to pray for the Christians there. If they pass the law then many brethren will suffer for it. And let's also consider ourselves as well. We should keep our nation's leaders in prayer, whether we like them or not, that we can lead a quiet and peaceable life. And when such persecution comes to America, let's pray we have have the courage and faith to stand. I for one would not be excited about leaving my family for two years, but I pray I would.