PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong With Halloween? Free Online Tracts and Video!

iq4truth
10-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Just in time for Halloween!

I found out today that Faithful Word Ministries now provides their tracts in PDF for FREE! Click Here:
http://www.faithfulword.com/tracts.aspx (http://www.faithfulword.com/tracts.aspx)

This one on Halloween is very informative and shocking:
http://www.faithfulword.com/tracts/Whats_Wrong_With_Halloween.pdf

Halloween has become an issue among Christians. Long considered harmless fun, many are now questioning its history, nature, influence and fruit. The revitalization of Satanism and Witchcraft and their obvious association with Halloween has caused Christians to wonder whether they should participate in it at all.

There is no denying the bizarre and occultic nature of Halloween decorum (certainly witches, devils, ghouls, monsters, vampires and ghosts are not Christian in character!). But in spite of that, some Christians defend their participation in the holiday asserting their “liberty” in Christ from the bondages of “legalism”, or shrugging it off as innocent fun.

Many churches see the whole thing as evil and will have nothing to do with the celebration whatsoever. Others see no harm in it and participate fully, with costume parties, Halloween decorations and trick-or-treat. Still others try to find a “middle-of-the-road” approach, allowing trick-or-treat and masquerades, but as “Bible characters” instead of demonic and occult figures.

What’s wrong with Halloween? And, what should be the attitude of the conscientious Christian towards it? Is it harmless, or is it sinister? The facts we present below should help you to answer that question once for all.

Here's a Free Video Snip of "Harry Potter: Witchcraft Repackaged!"
http://www.carylmatrisciana.com/details/inv-002.php

Here's a Web page with a lot of Christian information on this topic:
http://fp.users.fast.net/infoquest/occult.htm

Bro. Curtis
10-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, this year, I thought I'd go as Condi Rice.

rbell
10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I'll probably go this halloween as a BB moderator.

Still trying to decide which one...

tinytim
10-15-2008, 09:05 AM
I am blessed?

rbell
10-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I am blessed?

What, and her have to be in therapy for 10 years? :D

SBCPreacher
10-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I think I'll go this year as a Baptist preacher.

Marcia
10-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Well, my bithday is Halloween, and so is my son's. http://www.baptistboard.com/images/icons/icon10.gif This was a special "sign" to witches and New Agers when I was an astrologer!

Here is a short piece I wrote on Halloween for Christians:
Halloween Statement for Christians
http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_Halloween.html

I am asked about Halloween all the time, especially this time of year. Trick or treating is not occultic - it's an Amercanized cultural thing that really has no occult meaning. It's not what the witches are doing, that's for sure.

Although Halloween has pagan roots, if one is just giving out candy or letting their kids get candy, they are not honoring anything evil. However, I don't think it's good for christians to let their kids dress up in certain outfits, such as witches, ghosts, etc. Also, I think those parents who do not wish their kids to participate should be respected, and those parents who are okay with Halloween should be respected. I am very frank about the occult and very hard lined on it, but while the occult is infiltrating the culture, we should not spend time arguing or worrying about Halloween.

Witches at this time are performing one of their 8 annual seasonal celebrations, which has to do with the earth, seasons, and often personal stuff. It's a good day to pray for them.

annsni
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Well, my bithday is Halloween, and so is my son's. http://www.baptistboard.com/images/icons/icon10.gif This was a special "sign" to witches and New Agers when I was an astrologer!

It's my son's birthday too!! :D

tinytim
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM

Here is a short piece I wrote on Halloween for Christians:
Halloween Statement for Christians
http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_Halloween.html

I am asked about Halloween all the time, especially this time of year. Trick or treating is not occultic - it's an Amercanized cultural thing that really has no occult meaning. It's not what the witches are doing, that's for sure.

Although Halloween has pagan roots, if one is just giving out candy or letting their kids get candy, they are not honoring anything evil. However, I don't think it's good for christians to let their kids dress up in certain outfits, such as witches, ghosts, etc. Also, I think those parents who do not wish their kids to participate should be respected, and those parents who are okay with Halloween should be respected. I am very frank about the occult and very hard lined on it, but while the occult is infiltrating the culture, we should not spend time arguing or worrying about Halloween.

Witches at this time are performing one of their 8 annual seasonal celebrations, which has to do with the earth, seasons, and often personal stuff. It's a good day to pray for them.

I was wondering how you would respond... I have been waiting on your response, and as always you were reasonable and well thought out.... but didn't excuse sin...

Good post.

tank1976
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM
I use this time of year and trick or treat time as a way to give out kid friendly Gospel tracts. We just finished putting together 150 bags to give out on trick or treat night.

We put in several pieces of candy and the tract. We have done this 4 years now.

I figure they are coming to your door and it is a great chance to put the Gospel in that family. I leave the rest of it up to the Holy Spirit.

We had around 140 kids last year. It rained and they still packed the sidewalks. It was fun.:thumbs: :godisgood:

SBCPreacher
10-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I use this time of year and trick or treat time as a way to give out kid friendly Gospel tracts. We just finished putting together 150 bags to give out on trick or treat night.

I figure they are coming to your door and it is a great chance to put the Gospel in that family. I leave the rest of it up to the Holy Spirit.

We had around 140 kids last year. It rained and they still packed the sidewalks. It was fun.:thumbs: :godisgood:
We're doing the same thin here. We're planning on about 150 (a few more than last year).

Reformer
10-15-2008, 05:36 PM

Now this is a great idea.:applause: We don't get any trick or treaters around here or I would do that.

Reformer

Marcia
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I was wondering how you would respond... I have been waiting on your response, and as always you were reasonable and well thought out.... but didn't excuse sin...

Good post.

Hey, thanks, tinytim! :wavey:

Marcia
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
It's my son's birthday too!! :D

No kidding! Well, wish him an early Happy Birthday from another Halloween baby!

Marcia
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM

This is great, and I know other Christians who do this same thing.

Of course, I will not be doing this since I will be taking my son out for his birthday dinner since Halloween is on a Friday this year. Then he'll take me out for my birthday dinner another day. That way, we get to go out twice! :laugh:

Some churches at this time have special fun times for the neighborhood where kids can play games, win prizes, and hear Bible stories. This is a good thing, too, I think.

And those churches that would rather not do anything - that's fine, too.

tinytim
10-16-2008, 05:54 AM
I signed up on BB on Halloween 2003.... I don't know if that means anything...

SBCPreacher
10-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I signed up on BB on Halloween 2003.... I don't know if that means anything...
It all depends on the kind of costume you were wearing at the time.

iq4truth
10-28-2008, 08:50 PM
It all depends on the kind of costume you were wearing at the time.

The costume is certainly a significant part of the Celebration of Halloween.

Dr. Tardo provides historical research into this practice in the tract (http://www.faithfulword.com/tracts.aspx):

There is no denying the bizarre and occultic nature of Halloween decorum (certainly witches, devils, ghouls, monsters, vampires and ghosts are not Christian in character!).

The only thing the superstitious people knew to do to protect themselves on such an occasion was to masquerade as one of the demonic hoarde, and hopefully blend in unnoticed among them! This is the origin of Halloween masquerading as devils, imps, ogres, and other demonic creatures.

Dr. Tardo then claims that the Bible speaks to this:

The Bible says, “Abstain from all appearance of evil” (1 Thess. 5:22).

Who can deny that virtually all of the symbols of Halloween are evil? Witches, monsters, ogres, vampires, ghosts, ghouls, goblins, devils and demons all portray evil! On the other hand, Christians are called to be “followers (Greek: imitators) of God” (Eph. 5:1), and “lights” to a sin darkened world. How can we justify our masquerading as creatures of darkness in the light of the Scriptures? And if our houses and churches are dedicated to God and are to glorify Christ, how do we justify decorating them with demonic and occult symbols?

Virtually all of the common Halloween decorations represent something Demonic or Occult. For instance:

The “Jack-o-lantern” is the ancient symbol of a damned soul.
The “black cat” has long been associated with Witchcraft and numerous superstitions are still connected to it.
Witches and Witchcraft are a dominant theme of the holiday, but are an abomination to God (Exodus 22:18; Deuteronomy 18:8-14; Leviticus 18:24-30).Superstitions linking cats with reincarnation made them special objects of notice on Halloween. Unquestionably, the holiday had its origin with the pagan Druids, only they called it the “Festival of Samhain – the lord of the dead”. Samhain was nothing more or less than a demon (a demon spirit of death at that, or perhaps he may have been Satan himself!) who was given special homage on Halloween. This is where the emphasis on death comes from on that night. Death symbols such as coffins, tombstones, skeletons, skulls and crossbones, ghosts, mummies and graveyards are common Halloween decorations.

tinytim
10-28-2008, 10:07 PM
"Abstain from all appearance of evil" Means to flee when evil appears...

Not what is posted in the previous post.

iq4truth
10-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Witches, monsters, ogres, vampires, ghosts, ghouls, goblins, devils and demons don't portray evil? Dressing in these in celebration - is it celebration of God, practiced in the Bible, worthy of celebration?

Many churches have decided that the Bible is not to be followed literally, but interpreted, in the same way that our illustrious judicial courts interpret the Constitution.

Is anything truly celebrated on Halloween night? Click Here for free Video Intro into (http://www.carylmatrisciana.com/media/HPRepackaged/HarryPotterWitchcraftRepackaged.asx) just one Christian source.

Are Christians sliding down a slippery slope of indifference to literal Biblical Scripture?

http://fp.users.fast.net/infoquest/images/adultery.jpg (http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=54060)

FriendofSpurgeon
10-28-2008, 11:10 PM
This is great, and I know other Christians who do this same thing.

Of course, I will not be doing this since I will be taking my son out for his birthday dinner since Halloween is on a Friday this year. Then he'll take me out for my birthday dinner another day. That way, we get to go out twice! :laugh:

Some churches at this time have special fun times for the neighborhood where kids can play games, win prizes, and hear Bible stories. This is a good thing, too, I think.

And those churches that would rather not do anything - that's fine, too.

Thanks Marcia. I appreciate your unique input.

This is exactly what our church does. We have a "Harvest Fest" each 10/31 which is a fun and safe alternative to Halloween. This year we will have a Rock Climbing Wall, High Flying Swings, Pony Rides, Train Rides, Dunk Tank, Bounce House, Games, Prizes, Cotton Candy, Snow Cones, Popcorn and lots of candy! And it's free. Kids can wear constumes, however we only ask that they do not wear any scary costumes. Unfortunately, we can't make it this year -- we normally volunteer, but we have an out of town football game that night.

Jim1999
10-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Wot's wrong with Heckoween? I am too old to go door knocking for goodies!

Not one kid I interviewed a few years ago equated it with evil or devious practices. It is fun to dress up and that is all it is to the kiddies.

I use the day to deliver some 180 bags of candies to those who serve us in the shops all year. I even take them to the ladies working in the liquor store. The ladies say, "It must be halloween. Jim is here!"

I enjoy saying thank you to these servants.

Cheers,

Jim

Matt Black
10-29-2008, 05:27 AM
We're very anti-Halloween over here; our church puts on an alternative 'Lights Party' to keep our kids off the streets on the evening concerned. Even trick-or-treating is abused here: although you do get young children going out with their parents asking for treats, you also get teenagers who use it as an excuse to demand monies with menaces from older people who are frankly terrified of them. There's just too much of the occult in it for me to be happy with any kind of participation as a Christian, but YMMV of course

Matt Black
10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
AS a postscript to what I wrote above, I know that there are some here who consider certain members of the Anglican Communion, of which I am a part, to be 'fuzzy woolly libruls', but here (http://www.stpeters-selsey.org.uk/) is a comment on Halloween by the Rector of a parish a few miles from me on the subject...