1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don Henley

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Gina B, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I was looking for a decent version of "Unclouded Day", and fell in love with a version by Don Henley. I recognized the voice as if a ghost from my past, but thought "it can't be THAT Don Henley!" Especially not after Little Tin God and Garden of Allah.

I looked it up, thinking maybe there was a change of pace and he was now into Christian music, but looking at it right this second, it's got Dirty Laundry on it so I assume this isn't a Christ focused album. I don't know the other songs on it, but Unclouded Day sticks out like a sore thumb.

A lot of his music has spiritual undertones, or overt ones, but I never could figure out his slant completely, and never bothered to try. He had some good songs concerning politics, and I loved the sarcasm, but I always assumed that the same sense of sarcasm was something he felt for Christianity. (and not being a Christian then, I was just fine with that)

Does anyone know anything about him personally? I'm particularly wondering about songs such as Garden of Allah. I can see two sides of it...one side is that Christians have messed up and that's not good, and one is that Christianity is kinda stupid, and if it's supposed to be real, then Christians are failures. (there's probably more politics in that song than religion, or not...but anyhow my focus concerns the religious aspects of it)