1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McCain's agenda in one cartoon

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

It's rare that I find myself agreeing with McCain but I will give him kudos for his willingness to focus on bin Laden. Especially since the current defender in chief couldn't care less.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Wayne Allen Root? ROLF:D Where in the world did you dig him up at? ROLF. Nothing like rooting (no pun intended) for the underdog.
    Wayne Allen Root? What happened to Ron Paul?

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yeah, it's much funnier to pick on and laugh at people's picks rather than pick someone to support yourself..

Oh, I know, I know... you haven't made your mind up... You're waiting until ..... You don't care about politics.... you're more interested in something else.....

I am a supporter of Ron Paul even though he doesn't stand a chance, he stands for what I believe in. Ivan has supported Ron Paul, but maybe since he isn't going to win, he has decided to pick a third party to support?

I say until you declare your suport for someone, you have no right questioning or much less laughing at another person's choice.

Jamie

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Jamie, I still do not understand why you feel it is necessary for someone to declare their support for someone right now. People really do not have to decide until it is time for their states primary. And just because someone has not declared support for someone does not mean they cannot have an opinion on the candidates.

We do not have our primary here in Missouri until Feb 5th. I do not have to make up my mind until that day. I cannot see why that is so hard to understand.

Right now I am supporting Fred Thompson and if he is still in the race on Feb 5th he will be getting my vote. But there is a chance he may not make it to Feb 5th and then I will be needing to make another choice. So I will continue to look over the candidates and try to make the best choice on Feb 5th.

#5 PastorSBC1303, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Hello my friend,

I just bolded the difference between you/me and the other people I am talking about. Last year, when everything was just getting started. When we didn't know who was even IN the race, that was a time for people to have no support for anyone. However, it's fairly clear who is in the race, so I believe if people are going to be vocal about politics, they should have picked a person or at least narrowed it down a good bit on who they would/could support.

I understand that pick might change depending on the person, if their in the race, if they have a chance, if you find something out about the person you didn't like etc... but for someone to say NOW that they have no clue AND be so ACTIVE in the poltical forums is wrong in my opinion.

I am supporting Ron Paul. Does he have a chance? No, but he aligns with my thoughts so until he is out completely I will support him. I once supported Huckabee until I did my research on him..

My point is this. If you're active in politics, then you should have a pick by now. That is not to say you have to stick with that person should something happen to change your mind. It puzzles me why people can by so vocal against people without any an opinion on who would be a good choice.

You have stated you support Fred. How hard was that? Does it mean you locked in? No, but at least to me it shows you not only have an opinion of who would make a BAD president but you have an opinion of who you would like to SEE as president.

It's not going to change people, it's just my opinion. One I happen to feel strongly about, that's all. :)

Jamie

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I respect your view, but I still disagree. I think it is completely viable for a person to be active in politics and still not have a pick yet.

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I have made up my mind as to who I will support. It will be either:

Giuliani
    Romney
    McCain
    Thompson
    Hunter or
    Huckabee with reservations

#8 Ps104_33, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2008
  9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

:rolleyes:

10. Ivon Denosovich

Words fail.

11. Ivon Denosovich

Primaries. That's what happened to Paul. Once he didn't finish third in New Hampshire he was done.

12. Ivon Denosovich

You guessed it. But I always admire people like you for your loyalty against all odds.