1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Don't miss the next great debate

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jedi Knight, Jan 30, 2014.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Want a nanner to throw at him? LOL ...I jest, I jest!!!!

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, another poster accused me of provoking him but couldn't give any examples, "brother" Bob accused me of insulting somebody (although, oddly enough, he's just fine with all of the insults those in his little clique have thrown at me), but can't say who I insulted or what I allegedly said, and now you're accusing me of provoking him, butt can't give any examples.

The silence is deafening.

You guys are awfully good at making false accusations and bearing false witness, but you stink at backing it up.

#22 JohnDeereFan, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Whether you "believe" me or not, I understand personal tensions on this board. We all have them. I have noted that SN "loses his cool and composure" with you. I have also noted SN attempts to apologize and offer some form of reconciliation, then to be met with a snarky rejection on your part. Perhaps the deafness affects you....I don't know.

BTW, I don't know who you mean by Brother Bob and his entourage.

4. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe you and the fact that you can't even provide one example shows that you're not telling the truth.

...and others.

You left out the part where, immediately after he apologizes, he goes right back to the same personal attacks and insults he just allegedly apologized for, thus showing that his apology was not sincere, but an ploy to get sympathy. "Oh, look! I'm a poor victim being picked on by the big, bad bully even after I was so humble and contrite to apologize. Boo hoo."

And then, he goes right back to the name calling and personal attacks and you defend him.

I don't really care.

You realize that even while you guys were all rubbing his head and telling him "there, there, honey" and singing Soft Kitty to him, he was sending me PMs and calling me names, right?

5. quantumfaith

I also noted that you made a PM public (apparently) as it was snipped by a Mod. Are you not big enough to just walk away, as so should he?

Keep your battle going with SN....in YOUR words....."I don't care"

6. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you guys big enough to stop making threads about it? Are you big enough to acknowledge SNs behavior?

And, just so you know, I didn't make the PM public. I just acknowledged that I received it.

And yet, you're still haranguing me about it.

7. RIPP0NWV

RIPP0NWV New Member

Are you guys big enough to stop making threads about it? Are you big enough to acknowledge SNs behavior?

And, just so you know, I didn't make the PM public. I just acknowledged that I received it.

8. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Re the OP... I'm concerned that both Ham and Nye will frame the debate in a false dilemma: One must choose their faith or science, the two are mutually exclusive.

I have no doubt that Ham will do this. Nye has a chance to triangulate the issue and welcome believers to accept evolution and keep their faith as well. Will he do it? If he values the idea of more people accepting evolution more than he values people abandoning their faith then his best approach is to argue, even though he is personally agnostic, that the Bible IS compatible with science, a la Michael Ruse and the arguments of John Walton, Denis Lamoureux and BioLogos.

9. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Battle lines are drawn...... sheep will follow and goats will stumble. John 10:4-5

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know Nye has been hostile to creationists for a while and was saddened by that because my kids and I loved to watch his show years ago. But about a year or so ago (maybe 2?) he put out this video stating that creationism is damaging and should not be taught to children.

"I say to the grownups, if you want to deny evolution and live in your world, that's completely inconsistent with the world we observe, that's fine. But don't make your kids do it. Because we need them. We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need engineers that can build stuff and solve problems,"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbYJfwFgOU

So in other words, believing God created the universe makes one unable to be a scientist (I'd love to introduce him to MANY scientists who are Christian that I know - they are even YEC!!). He also said at the end that he knows that in another generation, the belief that God created the heavens and the earth will no longer be around. That's sad.

11. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good post!

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

13. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

14. quantumfaith

15. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

16. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

I think Nye took my email to heart. ;-) He did a great job of presenting the case that there are billions of believers (Baptists included) who have no problem with accepting evolution and rejecting "Ken Ham's model" of science. I feel that Ken Ham's performance was, on the whole, embarrassing to the YEC cause, but it's not really his fault, such would be the case for anyone I think. The DVDs of the debate advertised on Ham's site have an "Uncensored" stamp on them... Is that such a good idea?

17. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Majority right? Mathew 7:21

18. quantumfaith

There is not logical necessity that the majority or minority be correct. In fact they could both be wrong.

What do you wish to suggest with Matthew 7:21?

Is it that there is certainly a possibility that there are those who are convinced that they are correct, but yet .....No?

19. quantumfaith

45 minutes into, out comes the charge from Hovind.....You are like a mormon, you worship a different god.
    1:28 Wait for it.....yes....yes....Its the H bomb.

FACEPALM

#39 quantumfaith, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  20. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Many don't make right........see context? I will say that Bill was very disingenuous with Ken saying "prove the Earth is young and all the science community will rally behind you."

#40 Jedi Knight, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014