1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The New Thought Metaphysical cult

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 7, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Although similar it varies slightly from NEW age. Recently I wrote up a church in this movement. It certainly does not appear like these churches are growing but many are dying. Some of the Charismatic superstars are using some New Thought teachings but I would not classify their church as New Thought.

Expert cult apologist Ron Rhodes has a book on cults and false religions and he differs between New Age and New Thought I find it odd that the Word of Faith Movement is not in the book and it is very popular.

Run into anyone from this kind of a church? If none exist in your area why not come out to Denver? Plenty of them out here.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have a link to this type of church or movement?

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    “We do offer healings in our healing room which opens at 10am for those who wish to enjoy a healing from one of our gifted healers in our church. You are welcome to come in and sit quietly on the front pew (designated for those who wish a healing) and wait for the next available healer. If the healer that comes up in the rotation doesn’t resonate with you, please feel free to wait until one is available that you would prefer.”

Wow....

Now this I believe:

"Our service does follow a set type of protocol but, that is where any semblance of ‘church’ ends.”

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christian science/little gods. write your own tickeyt with God under new labeling!