1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judgment of God in Dan 7 and Romans 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Oct 20, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Protestants have long accepted that the little horn of Dan 7 is the RCC and the Ten divisions of the Pagan Roman Empire are what is referenced in that text -- where Papacy is responsible for the demise of 3 of them through its servants.

Dan 2 is the first discussion of this same 4 empire sequence as all study Bible show in the margins. They all have the same sequence for both Dan 2 and Daniel 7.

And pagan Rome is always the 4th empire -- the one that follows Greece.

Dan 2 - Nebuchadnezzar - king of Babylon is pointed to as belonging to the FIRST empire - Babylon.
    Dan 7 -- Medo-Persia and Greece are both identified specifically as the next 3 empires.

And of course even the Protestant Reformers knew that Pagan Rome was the 4th empire - the one that follows Greece.

in Christ,

Bob

#21 BobRyan, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The little horn in daniel is the coming Antichrist, and Imperial Rome, NOT yjre Papacy/RCC was the fourth kingdom!

Your views come from the minunderstandings of a false prophetess!

3. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

This is partly correct and partly incorrect. There was a great tribulation time during the 1260 day/years [Daniel 7:25, 12:7; Revelation 11:2-3, 12:6,14, 13:5 and also referenced in Luke 21:24 "times of the Gentiles", in type and anti-type.] and there is yet to be one final 'push', soon upon us [as Daniel 11 is almost complete, we are in vs 40-45, more on that later if necessary]:

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. - Daniel 12:1

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. - Revelation 7:14

Please notice that the saints go 'through' much "tribulation" and are not exempt from it:

When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, [even] in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; - Deuteronomy 4:30

Go and cry unto the gods which ye have chosen; let them deliver you in the time of your tribulation. - Judges 10:14

Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. - Matthew 13:21

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. - Acts 14:22

And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; - Romans 5:3

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? - Romans 8:35

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; - Romans 12:12

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. - 2 Corinthians 1:4

Great [is] my boldness of speech toward you, great [is] my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation. - 2 Corinthians 7:4

For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know. - 1 Thessalonians 3:4

Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; - 2 Thessalonians 1:6

"I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, ..." - Revelation 1:9

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan. - Revelation 2:9

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. - Revelation 2:10

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. - Revelation 2:22

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. - Revelation 7:14

As we see in the Scriptures the Pattern from Genesis unto the End, God's people are delivered "through much tribulation":

In the days of Noah [Genesis 6-9], God sent the Flood, and Noah was not whisked away, but was preserved "through" the Flood [1 Peter 3:20, etc].

In the days of Joseph, through the many trials, and tribulations, he was preserved though it all, that God would be glorified and his family also preserved through the famines, etc.

In the days of Moses and Israel [the peoples after the flesh], they were preserved through the Plagues that fell upon Egypt, for God was with them.

In the days of David, when Persecuted by Saul, David was preserved through much tribulation.

In the days of Elijah, when persecuted by Jezebel, he was preserved through much tribulation.

In the days of Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, in the fiery furnace, they were preserved through the fire, for God was with them.

In the days of Daniel, he was preserved through the lion's den, for God was with him.

In the days of the Apostles, they were preserved through much tribulations, persecutions, hardships, but God was with them.

In the days of the Church in the Wilderness [1260, 538 AD - 1798 AD], they were preserved through many, many dangers which sought to blot out the light completely, but God was with them:

And they that understand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, [many] days. - Daniel 11:33

And [some] of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make [them] white, [even] to the time of the end: because [it is] yet for a time appointed. - Daniel 11:35

In the last days, God will preserve us through, for we are the Anti-Type to the Israel of old in the time of Moses, for God is going to lead out His people from this Egypt [world] to Canaan [Heaven], through the plagues, destruction, etc...:

"... the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth." - Revelation 3:10 [the 6th Church is past already, and we are now the 7th, which means the test comes to us, and soon.]

And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It [is] my people: and they shall say, The LORD [is] my God. - Zechariah 13:9

But, those which have the Seal of the Living God, shall be preserved through it all:

And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. - Ezekiel 9:4

And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: - Ezekiel 9:5

Slay utterly old [and] young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom [is] the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which [were] before the house. - Ezekiel 9:6

Even Peter:

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired [to have] you, that he may sift [you] as wheat: - Luke 22:31

As Job was preserved through all that Satan could muster, God brought him through... and Job is a type of the end-time condition of the Church... every earthly support will be removed, and even the 3 Angels messages [Revelation 14:6-12] are seen therein...

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. - Psalm 91:1

I will say of the LORD, [He is] my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. - Psalm 91:2

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, [and] from the noisome pestilence. - Psalm 91:3 [See Plague #1 of Revelation]

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth [shall be thy] shield and buckler. - Psalm 91:4

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the arrow [that] flieth by day; - Psalm 91:5

[Nor] for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness; [nor] for the destruction [that] wasteth at noonday. - Psalm 91:6

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; [but] it shall not come nigh thee. - Psalm 91:7

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. - Psalm 91:8

Because thou hast made the LORD, [which is] my refuge, [even] the most High, thy habitation; - Psalm 91:9

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. - Psalm 91:10

...​

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is ONLY ONE Great tribulation period, and we have not yet passed into it, and the Church shall be spared that time due to us being in Christ now, and that the time will be to judge all kingdoms and prepare isreal to meet the coming Messiah!

5. lakeside

lakeside New Member

You all must first learn to comprehend " Apocalyptic" writing with its conventions. Few books in the Bible are misinterpreted and abused as much as the Book of Revelation. Those who are unfamiliar with the literary form" revelation " misinterpret everything about this book: its subject matter, its tone, and its purpose. From what I observe here on this Forum most of you [ if not everyone of you ]read it as though the intent of John ,the author, [ John may or may not be the author, but that is an entirely different thread ] were to describe what it will be like at the end of the world. Most of you misrepresent the book by quoting it in a way that instills fear in people. Many of you even use this Book to plant the seeds of hopelessness: you misinterpret the numbers in the book and some assume for an example that only 144,000 people of all those who ever lived on the face of the earth will be saved. All of these misunderstandings disappear when one interprets the Book in the context of its literary form. In the Bible we have two examples of apocalyptic writing or revelation: the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament and the Book of Revelation in the New Testament. These works were written in a four hundred year period and under similar circumstances. Apocalyptic literature is written to people who are suffering from persecution. The intent of the author is to assure his audience that the God of history is in control of the present situation so that one need not fear the persecution will end and good will triumph over evil.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange though that all of the rest of the prophetic books had literal fulfuillment of their prophecies in real historical time, and yet the greatest Book of that form is just symbolic and allegory?

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then you missed the dark ages? 50 million Christians slain??

Really?? you missed all of that??

oh no wait - you mean "that is not great tribulation because it only lasted for over 1000 years"??

Really??

Ok - so then if 20 or 30 million Christians are slain in your area in the next 10 years - but it does not take over 1000 years ... well then once again this is not the "great tribulation" in your view?

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is hard for some to believe that the two apocalyptic books - Daniel and Revelation use "symbols".

Is that because Jesus is a literal lamb in Rev 4? or is it because Satan is a literal dragon in Rev 12?

In Daniel 2 we are told that the symbols of gold, silver, brass... represent empires.

In Daniel 8 we are told that the ram represents Medo Persia and we are told that the Goat represents Greece.

In Rev 17 we are told that the waters represent great multitudes nations of languages that differ -

How "odd" that those who want to claim that no symbols are used - are in fact objecting to the text's own claim for the use of symbols.

in Christ,

Bob

#28 BobRyan, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  9. One Baptism

Indeed, does not the Book of Revelation itself open with the words:

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified [it] by his angel unto his servant John: - Revelation 1:1

Revelation is indeed "sign"-ified...

10. One Baptism

Brother, the [many] Scriptures were given you - http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2217194&postcount=23 , but what will you give me therein for your present position?

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your rejection of Protestantism -- noted.

I on the other hand accept the obvious fact of Dan 7 that the saints were persecuted in the dark ages for 1260 years, and that the Pagan Roman Empire was divided into Ten major segments - and then came the PAPAL Roman empire.

I am not as opposed to Protestantism and to actual History as you appear to be - but then I believe in free will so you have the free will to ignore it all if you wish.

in Christ,

Bob

12. One Baptism

The Investigative Judgment: Let's look deeper shall we?

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Revelation 14:6

Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Revelation 14:7

Revelation 14:6, reveals that a great message goes forth “unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people”, and this great message is the “Everlasting Gospel” itself.

Please notice that while the “Everlasting Gospel” is going forth unto the whole world [which means that repentance and salvation is still being offered through the love and mercy of God, in Christ Jesus] it contains a specific message, which involves “His judgment” [God 's] which begins at a specific time, “the hour of His judgment is come”.

Notice, not “will” come after that point, nor “already had” taken place before it, but this is present tense [“is come”] at the time of the preaching, and is not after probation closes for men, therefore it is even as it was in the days of Noah.

Let's look further, but not forget this point. Judgment is going on, by God, for certain peoples while the Everlasting Gospel is going to the whole world, even warning of the Mark of the Beast, etc...

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The IJ is fully demonstrated in one single Bible chapter -- Daniel 7.

And we have the detail-view into exactly how it is conducted in Romans 2.

But Daniel 7 alone would demonstrate the doctrine conclusively.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "obvious facts" from the Bible would be that Daniel was referring to end time events right at time of second Coming of Christ, that would involve the jewish peoples, and that the Antichrist was and is no tthe papacy, and that the Investigative Judgement is a cultic doctrine, as the Cross of Christ paid in full ALL who are saved by him, and it is up to HIM ,and not us, that all remain saved!

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    your rejection of the Protestant reformation ... noted.

in Christ,

Bob

16. One Baptism

Let's take a look at the typological services that pointed to Christ Jesus and His ministry ["Thy way, O God, [is] in the sanctuary: who [is so] great a God as [our] God?" - Psalm 77:13], namely the Levitically given feasts/seasons [Hebrews 7:11] of the LORD in Leviticus 16, 23, & 25, etc:

Leviticus 23:4 and onward [Leviticus 23:44, etc]:

Spring Feasts:

Passover: Leviticus 23:5 [Jesus dies AD 31, 1st Month of Aviv/Niasan, 14th day of the Month, 6th [day] of the week [basically aka 'friday'], the preparation, at the time of the evening sacrifice [approx 3pm, in Jesus' day], see here - http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2216141&postcount=46 and here - http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2214585&postcount=37 and here - http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2214662&postcount=38]

Feast [week] of Unleavened Bread: Leviticus 23:6-8 [Jesus in the Tomb]

Feast of Firstfruits [Wave Sheaf]: Leviticus 23:10-14 [Jesus resurrected]

Pentecost [Feast of Weeks/Shavuot]: Leviticus 23:15-22 [Jesus, pouring of the Holy Spirit; Acts 1-3, etc, Psalms 133:1-3; Revelation 5:6, etc]​

Long Summer [see the lengthy time prophecies in Daniel 7, 8, 9, 11, 12]

Fall Feasts:

Feast Of Trumpets: Leviticus 23:24-25 [Jesus, announcing coming Judgment]

Day Of Atonement: Leviticus 23:27-32 [btw, we are Here, anti-typically, Jesus is now in the Most Holy Place; we are almost to the next fulfillment...]

Feast of Booths/Tabernacles/Ingathering: Leviticus 23:34-43 [Jesus 2nd Advent; Harvest]​

others, given are:

The 7th year sabbath: Leviticus 25:2-7

The 50th year sabbath: Leviticus 25:7-17

Jesus Christ was fulfilling these in their specific order, for notice:

...to be continued...

17. One Baptism

... continued...

... to be continued...

18. One Baptism

Therefore we see, that Jesus fulfilled the Passover on the specific day [14th Aviv/Nisan], the unleavened on the specific day [15th Aviv/Nisan], the wavesheaf/firstfruits on the specific day [16th Aviv/Nisan], Pentecost on the specific day [the 50th day from the morrow after the Sabbath], etc, etc.

The Day of Atonement, which is the Day of Judgment [of God's professed people], cannot have taken place at the day/moment of Jesus in the garden, neither in the day of His crucifixion/death/burial, neither in His resurrection, neither in the days of His ascensions, nor in the day of His beginning His High Priestly Ministry in the True Sanctuary of Heaven in Pentecost.

In fact, as we see, the "long summer" after the last Spring Feast, Pentecost, which itself, took place many days after the Crucifixion. This "long summer" is not speaking of a mere earthly summer of several months, for Christ Jesus had ascended into Heaven. The Day of Atonement can only come after Pentecost, but moreso, after Trumpets and it must come before Tabernacles [God with us].

19. One Baptism

We had better take a look at this Day of Atonement, this Day of Judgment and see what was to take place, for just as surely as the previous feasts/seasons were fulfilled, so too this one, in its specificity:

Leviticus 23 we read:

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, - Leviticus 23:26

Also on the tenth [day] of this seventh month [there shall be] a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. - Leviticus 23:27

And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it [is] a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. - Leviticus 23:28

For whatsoever soul [it be] that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. - Leviticus 23:29

And whatsoever soul [it be] that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. - Leviticus 23:30

Ye shall do no manner of work: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. - Leviticus 23:31

It [shall be] unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth [day] of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath. - Leviticus 23:32

Leviticus 16 [the once a Year]:

And the LORD spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died; - Leviticus 16:1

And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy [place] within the vail before the mercy seat, which [is] upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat. - Leviticus 16:2

Thus shall Aaron come into the holy [place]: with a young bullock for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering. - Leviticus 16:3

He shall put on the holy linen coat, and he shall have the linen breeches upon his flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen mitre shall he be attired: these [are] holy garments; therefore shall he wash his flesh in water, and [so] put them on. - Leviticus 16:4

And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering. - Leviticus 16:5

And Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin offering, which [is] for himself, and make an atonement for himself, and for his house. - Leviticus 16:6

And he shall take the two goats, and present them before the LORD [at] the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. - Leviticus 16:7

And Aaron shall cast lots upon the two goats; one lot for the LORD, and the other lot for the scapegoat. - Leviticus 16:8

And Aaron shall bring the goat upon which the LORD'S lot fell, and offer him [for] a sin offering. - Leviticus 16:9

But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, [and] to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness. - Leviticus 16:10

And Aaron shall bring the bullock of the sin offering, which [is] for himself, and shall make an atonement for himself, and for his house, and shall kill the bullock of the sin offering which [is] for himself: - Leviticus 16:11

And he shall take a censer full of burning coals of fire from off the altar before the LORD, and his hands full of sweet incense beaten small, and bring [it] within the vail: - Leviticus 16:12

And he shall put the incense upon the fire before the LORD, that the cloud of the incense may cover the mercy seat that [is] upon the testimony, that he die not: - Leviticus 16:13

And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle [it] with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times. - Leviticus 16:14

Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that [is] for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat: - Leviticus 16:15

And he shall make an atonement for the holy [place], because of the uncleanness of the children of Israel, and because of their transgressions in all their sins: and so shall he do for the tabernacle of the congregation, that remaineth among them in the midst of their uncleanness. - Leviticus 16:16

And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy [place], until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel. - Leviticus 16:17

And he shall go out unto the altar that [is] before the LORD, and make an atonement for it; and shall take of the blood of the bullock, and of the blood of the goat, and put [it] upon the horns of the altar round about. - Leviticus 16:18

And he shall sprinkle of the blood upon it with his finger seven times, and cleanse it, and hallow it from the uncleanness of the children of Israel. - Leviticus 16:19

And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy [place], and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat: - Leviticus 16:20

And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send [him] away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness: - Leviticus 16:21

And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land not inhabited: and he shall let go the goat in the wilderness. - Leviticus 16:22

And Aaron shall come into the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall put off the linen garments, which he put on when he went into the holy [place], and shall leave them there: - Leviticus 16:23

And he shall wash his flesh with water in the holy place, and put on his garments, and come forth, and offer his burnt offering, and the burnt offering of the people, and make an atonement for himself, and for the people. - Leviticus 16:24

And the fat of the sin offering shall he burn upon the altar. - Leviticus 16:25

And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp. - Leviticus 16:26

And the bullock [for] the sin offering, and the goat [for] the sin offering, whose blood was brought in to make atonement in the holy [place], shall [one] carry forth without the camp; and they shall burn in the fire their skins, and their flesh, and their dung. - Leviticus 16:27

And he that burneth them shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the camp. - Leviticus 16:28

And [this] shall be a statute for ever unto you: [that] in the seventh month, on the tenth [day] of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, [whether it be] one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you: - Leviticus 16:29

For on that day shall [the priest] make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, [that] ye may be clean from all your sins before the LORD. - Leviticus 16:30

It [shall be] a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever. - Leviticus 16:31

And the priest, whom he shall anoint, and whom he shall consecrate to minister in the priest's office in his father's stead, shall make the atonement, and shall put on the linen clothes, [even] the holy garments: - Leviticus 16:32

And he shall make an atonement for the holy sanctuary, and he shall make an atonement for the tabernacle of the congregation, and for the altar, and he shall make an atonement for the priests, and for all the people of the congregation. - Leviticus 16:33

And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses. - Leviticus 16:34

We will also need to compare the differences between the Leviticus 4 "an atonement" and the Leviticus 16,23 the Day of Atonement, an the atonements made therein.

20. One Baptism

Leviticus 4 [part of the "daily"]:

And he shall do with the bullock as he did with the bullock for a sin offering, so shall he do with this: and the priest shall make an atonement for them, and it shall be forgiven them. - Leviticus 4:20

And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him. - Leviticus 4:26

And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn [it] upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him. - Leviticus 4:31

And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat of the lamb is taken away from the sacrifice of the peace offerings; and the priest shall burn them upon the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: and the priest shall make an atonement for his sin that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him. - Leviticus 4:35

In the typological, we see that a sinner could come [in repentance, with a sacrifice, etc] [basically] on any day of the year, and be "forgiven", but that person, though "forgiven", still had to take part in the Day of Atonement, where entirely different atonements were to take place. This person could be "cut off" forever under specified circumstances. For the sin that was 'transferred' from him in all the 'daily' atonements throughout the year to the sacrifice, blood, meat, priest, sanctuary, could be revoked under specific circumstances [iow - still living in unrepentant, unforgiven, unforsaken sin [1 John 3:4]], and placed back upon themselves, even as we see in Matthew 18:21-35, 22:1-14, etc.

On/in the Day of Atonement, it was in the hands of the work of the High Priest, in communion with God's work, to cleanse the Sanctuary, and do the work of Judgment. For the High Priest, who always wore the Breastplate of Judgment, was to do a special work in that specific Day:

And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy [place], for a memorial before the LORD continually. Exodus 28:29

And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the Urim and the Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually. Exodus 28:30

This specific work of the High Priest in this Day, "in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month", could not have been done on any other day, not on/in Passover, Unleavened Bread, Wavesheaf/Firstfruits, Pentecost or Trumpets and had to come before Tabernacles ["in the fifteenth day of the seventh month"].

#40 One Baptism, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015