1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Rightly Dividing the word of God [2 Timothy 2:15]; Proverbs 26:5

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by One Baptism, May 18, 2015.

1. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Rightly Dividing the word of God [2 Timothy 2:15]; see: Proverbs 26:5

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. - 2 Timothy 2:15

This thread is in direct answer to the following thread: "Wrongly Dividing the Word:" [Link], to which I think that thread title/name exactly fits its character.

It is proof for Sabbath keeping in Eternity as well as offering burnt offerings and sacrifices eternally, but let's notice how so, and so let's have another look, shall we?

Turn to Isaiah 56, and read vs 1 and then vs 8.

Q. Who are those two verses speaking of, in their context?

Isaiah 56:1 - Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation [is] near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

Isaiah 56:8 - The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather [others] to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.​

Notice, in the texts of Matthew to Revelation, this speaks of Christ Jesus and His Righteousness and His Salvation, and His gathering [John 10:14-16, which is citing Isaiah 56:8 directly]:

Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; - Romans 3:25

To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. - Romans 3:26

And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; - Luke 1:69

To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, - Luke 1:77

For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, - Luke 2:30

And all flesh shall see the salvation of God. - Luke 3:6

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, [even] by him doth this man stand here before you whole. - Acts 4:10

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. - Acts 4:12

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. - Romans 1:16

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, - 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. - 2 Timothy 2:10

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, - Titus 2:11

So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. - Hebrews 9:28

2. One Baptism

Q. Is Isaiah 56:8 specifically referenced anywhere in the New Testament, and if so, what Scripture does this point to prophetically? Yes:

I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine. - John 10:14

As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. - John 10:15

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd. - John 10:16

Therefore, Jesus is the very context of Isaiah 56:1,8 and all in between, and what He would do, who would come unto Him and how, in the New "Covenant", and what is directly a part of it, notice:

Isaiah 56:2 - Blessed [is] the man [that] doeth this, and the son of man [that] layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

Isaiah 56:3 - Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I [am] a dry tree.

[We see, direct fulfillment in the Matthew-Revelation texts of this very thing]:

Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with [his] hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience. - Acts 13:16

And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. - Acts 13:42

Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. - Acts 13:43

And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. - Acts 13:44

And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. - Acts 18:4​

Isaiah 56:4 - For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose [the things] that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Isaiah 56:5 - Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

[And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days. - Acts 10:48

When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. - Acts 19:5]​

Isaiah 56:6 - Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
    [That "my covenant": Jeremiah 31:31-34; Ezekiel 36:25-27; Daniel 9; Hebrews 7:22, 8:8-13, 9:15-16, 10:16-17,29, 12:24, 13:20; Matthew 26:28; Mark 14:24; Luke 22:20; Romans 11:27; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, etc]​

Isaiah 56:7 - Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices [shall be] accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.​

[What then are the burnt offerings and sacrifices, in the New, surely not animal burnt offerings and animal sacrifices for sin? No, for Christ Jesus is the True Offering/Sacrifice! We have Spiritual Offerings and Sacrifices we may return, not for sin, but in freedom from sin [1 john 3:4] by Christ Jesus and through the Holy Spirit!

And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love [his] neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. - Mark 12:33

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. - Romans 12:1

That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. - Romans 15:16

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. - Ephesians 5:2

Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. - Philippians 2:17

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. - 2 Timothy 4:6

In burnt offerings and [sacrifices] for sin thou hast had no pleasure. - Hebrews 10:6

Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and [offering] for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure [therein]; which are offered by the law; - Hebrews 10:8

But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. - Hebrews 13:16

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. - 1 Peter 2:5

The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17]​

Q. Is Isaiah 56:1-8 a contextual whole, in other words, is it all speaking about the same things together? Surely is as shown.

Q. What then is the "my covenant" spoken of in Isaiah 56:1-8? It is the New Covenant.

Q. Who then is to partake of the "my covenant" according to Isaiah 56:1-8? All who believe, the Jew first and the Gentile, even the Eunuch.

3. One Baptism

Q. Now turn to Isaiah 8:14,15, and tell me who it is speaking of according to the New Testament? Cite those verses which specifically reference this:

Isaiah 8:14 - And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Isaiah 8:15 - And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.​

It is given in the pages of Genesis-Revelation, Christ Jesus is the Rock:

As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. - Romans 9:33

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, [even to them] which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. - 1 Peter 2:8

Now please continue reading Isaiah 8:16-20 and read therein, in its context.

Q. Who then are the "my disciples" spoken of here in the context of Isaiah 8:14,15? Let's look.

Isaiah 8:16 - Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Isaiah 8:17 - And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Isaiah 8:18 - Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me [are] for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

Isaiah 8:20 - To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.​

Q. Who then is "Israel" [Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:13-15], and who are His "Children" that were "given" Him, and from whom were they "given" from, and how do we know?

The pages of Matthew to Revelation, especially Hebrews [which cites directly Isaiah 8:18], reveal it to us:

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. - Hebrews 2:9

For it became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. - Hebrews 2:10

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, - Hebrews 2:11

Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. - Hebrews 2:12

And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me. - Hebrews 2:13

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; - Hebrews 2:14

Now see further, the "my disciples" of Isaiah 8:16, who would have the Testimony and Law sealed in them, by the blood of Jesus through the Holy Spirit:

And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples. - Matthew 26:18

And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? - Mark 14:14

And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples? - Luke 22:11

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; - John 8:31

By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. - John 13:35

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. - John 15:8

The True "disciples" [which came of the Jews [Acts 4:24] & Gentiles [Acts 14:15], [compare those two passages to Exodus 20:8-11, so also see Revelation 10:6; 14:6-7] of Jesus Christ, are all kings [a kingdom] and [/of] priests, and as such, we offer unto God, by the righteousness of Christ, sacrifices of thanksgiving and praise for all eternity, from one [the Holy 7th day the] "Sabbath" [of the LORD thy God] to another. It is eternally the sign and memorial of His Creation [thus His power to recreate in us a clean/new heart] and so great Salvation/Redemption [to deliver us from all sin; 1 John 3:4].

As it is written:

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. - Exodus 31:16

It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. - Exodus 31:17

#3 One Baptism, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  4. One Baptism

Let's take a look at the verse again, shall we, and see who is actually lying, or really deceived?

For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. - Isaiah 66:22

[Remember in Isaiah 56:5, the "everlasting name" given to us by God?, Here it is again as "your name remain", even as the "new heavens and the new earth", "shall remain before" God ever and always. Thus the two passages are connected, even as both mention the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, as being throughout eternity, kept by the "sons" [and "daughters"], the "disciples" of Jesus, etc.]​

And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. - Isaiah 66:23

Please notice the context, is "from" "one" "new moon" "to" "another", first, which declares a specific day. This is seen in fulfillment in Revelation, in the New Heaven and New Earth, at the Tree of Life:

And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine. - Ezekiel 47:12

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. - Revelation 2:7

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. Revelation 22:2

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. Revelation 22:14

[See also: Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. - Isaiah 26:2

Thou [art] near, O LORD; and all thy commandments [are] truth. - Psalm 119:151

Thy righteousness [is] an everlasting righteousness, and thy law [is] the truth. - Psalm 119:142

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. - 1 John 2:4]​

Then, we see "and" "from" "one" "sabbath" "to" "another". Notice the language again of specificity, that it is counted "from" "one sabbath", unto all other sabbaths to be had in eternity, unbroken cycles of weeks [culminating in Sabbath] and months [culminating in New Months/Moons]. In order to be "from" that "one sabbath", we must be in that sabbath, even as several Holy 7th Day Sabbaths of the LORD thy God are in every "month" [minimally 4], for the passage specifically includes the Sabbaths of each New Month to be had in eternity.

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name: - Jeremiah 31:35

If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, [then] the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. - Jeremiah 31:36

Nothing is ignored, except upon the part of those who continually, willfully, stubbornly, and stiffneckedly choose to turn away from the Light given them, in abundance, pressed down and shaken together. The LORD rebuke all who war against His Law, His Character, His Kingdom, His people, in His time, and in His way.

"For we know that the law is spiritual..." Romans 7:14

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. - 1 Corinthians 2:13

Yet the carnal mind cannot understand God's Law, for it is spiritual, and they do not desire to be subject to it, nor to Him:

Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. - Romans 8:7

#4 One Baptism, May 18, 2015
  5. One Baptism

Excellent and Scriptural observations. Please also take note that the Stone Tables were made of the Blue Sapphire from the very Throne of God itself.

The Ten Commandments were cut from this crystal blue sapphire throne of God [Exodus 24:10,12 [Hebrew: "tables of the Stone"; definite article [Heb. "הָאֶבֶן"; Heb. Tr. "even"], question then becomes, What stone? The very blue sapphire stone of the Throne of God in the very same context], and Exodus 28:28,31,37, 31:18, 32:16 "And the tables [were] the work of God, and the writing [was] the writing of God, graven upon the tables." and Exodus 39:21-22,31; Numbers 15:38-41; Ezekiel 1:22,26, 10:1]

Even the Legends of the Jews, by Louis Ginzberg, picked up on this,

"...Moses departed from the heavens with the two tables on which the Ten Commandments were engraved, and just the words of it are by nature Divine, so too are the tables on which they are engraved. These were created by God's own hand in the dusk of the first Sabbath at the close of the creation, and were made of a sapphire-like stone...." - Legends of the Jews, Volume 3, page 258 - http://archive.org/stream/legendsofthejews02881gut/3lotj10.txt

"...state that the sapphire employed for the tables was taken from the throne of Glory..." - Legends of the Jews, Volume 6; page 49 [see also page 59] - https://books.google.com/books?ei=U...+Jews+volume+6&q=sapphire&hl=en#search_anchor

Also according to the Targum,

"...Then it was said to Moses: 83 "Ascend to the firmament and I will give you two tables of stone, 84 hewn from the sapphire of the throne of My glory, 85 gleaming like fine gold, arranged in lines 86 and written by My finger. 87 Engraved on them are the Ten Words, 88 refined more than silver that has been refined seven times seven [ways] -- that is the sum total of the principles..." - The Aramiac Bible, the Targums; by Phillip Alexander, page 89-90 [especially see Note 85] - https://books.google.com/books?id=hDwnbqLbwqgC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

The works of his hands [are] verity and judgment; all his commandments [are] sure. Psalms 111:7

God carved the Ten Commandments with his own Finger ["...written with the finger of God." Exodus 31:18; "...written with the finger of God..." Deuteronomy 9:10], the very work of His own hands [Exodus 32:16].

They stand fast for ever and ever, [and are] done in truth and uprightness. Psalms 111:8

The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever. Psalms 111:10

God directly spoke the Ten Commandments aloud to all, from Heaven [Deuteronomy 4:12,15,33,36, 5:4,22,23,24,26, 9:10, 10:4, etc]:

My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Psalms 89:34

6. One Baptism

Excellent and Scriptural conclusion.

And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God [is] judge himself. Selah. - Psalm 50:6

The heavens declare his righteousness, and all the people see his glory. - Psalm 97:6

My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments [are] righteousness. - Psalm 119:172

O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea: - Isaiah 48:18

Sounds more than that, sounds "wise" to "receive commandments", but that which will truly "smart" [Proverbs 11:15] is for those who "fall" [sin; 1 John 3:4]:

The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a prating fool shall fall. - Proverbs 10:8

God says, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." - John 14:15; Exodus 20:6, etc...

Yet, it is the "fool" which says in their heart, "No, God.", For in so saying, they verily say "there is no God", for He hath said, "I AM", and they say, "No..., i am...", self-righteousness, which is no righteousness.

I sound waring to you brother, and all:

"... speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge." James 4:11

It is very dangerous to attack God's Law, for it is His very Character.

7. One Baptism

Eternal life is based upon condition, always, of obedience. [I did not say "earned".], and murdering is more than mere physical destruction, for cruel words can murder character, like slander, libel, etc. Moreover, in eternity, free choice is not ever removed from the redeemed, though God knoweth them that are His, and has set the promise that He will not allow any to enter in who would choose to do so in future, for sin shall not rise up the second time. However, notice the words, "Thou shalt not kill." are a promise of God in His so great Salvation!, for notice that Paul says:

Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) - Ephesians 6:2

That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. - Ephesians 6:3

The 5th Commandment, speaks of the eternal inheritance, of the New Heavens and New Earth:

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. - Exodus 20:12

Thus, the other commandments on the Second Table that follow it, are also promises. God promises [and who cannot lie, two immutable things], to write His Law within/upon our heart, that we may do them forever, and so, he promises us that we:

...shalt not kill [murder],
    ... shalt not commit adultery,
    ... shalt not steal,
    ... shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour, [near brother] [no lying ever again, for only Truth will remain, no guile found in their mouths, etc]
    ... shalt not covet...anything that is thy neighbours. [for the life is filled up with self-less service, self-less sacrifice, like as Christ Jesus].​

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. - Luke 11:2

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. - Isaiah 49:15

But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. - Galatians 4:26

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire. - Daniel 7:9

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. - Daniel 7:13

Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. - Daniel 7:22

With the ancient [is] wisdom; and in length of days understanding. - Job 12:12

Always thinking of the carnal, the flesh... it begins in the heart, and includes more than flesh,, for the Law is "spiritual" [Romans 7:14] and adultery includes idolatry, turning away from God, breaking the relationship with Him, for another, etc.

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also. - Jeremiah 3:8

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. - Matthew 5:28

Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. - Revelation 2:22

I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, [and] thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when [shall it] once [be]? - Jeremiah 13:27

Plead with your mother, plead: for she [is] not my wife, neither [am] I her husband: let her therefore put away her whoredoms out of her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts; - Hosea 2:2

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: - Matthew 15:19

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, - Mark 7:21

Time can be stolen. Affection can be stolen, etc. And rebellion is kin to thievery, for notice in Satan's rebellion he took with him in his rebellion very many. Worship can be stolen, robbed of Glory. It is not only monies that can be stolen.

Stolen waters are sweet, and bread [eaten] in secret is pleasant. - Proverbs 9:17

Thy princes [are] rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them. - Isaiah 1:23

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven..." - Revelation 12:4 [1/3 is symbolical of a great portion]

I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. - Isaiah 42:8

That is why God said to not make images to bow down and serve them, even of the things in Heaven, or even to portray God through such.

The Rod that budded is the anointed Mediatorship of Christ Jesus. The Manna, His eternal word.

Actually John sees no temple "in" the City. See Ezekiel.

Also, only "in" the City, will the redeemed have "no need" of the Sun, though it [as Moon and stars] still shines in eternity, being set for seasons, times, days and years, etc, but because of the Glory of God "in" the city ["therein"], it will outshine them there, and so no "night there", in the city, and they [Sun, Moon and stars] will be put to shame therein. it would be like turning on a flashlight in the middle of the desert noonday sun.

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. - Isaiah 24:23

See:

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, - Revelation 21:10

Having the glory of God: and her light [was] like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; - Revelation 21:11

And the twelve gates [were] twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city [was] pure gold, as it were transparent glass. - Revelation 21:21

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. - Revelation 21:22

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof. - Revelation 21:23

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. - Revelation 21:24

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. - Revelation 21:25

#7 One Baptism, May 18, 2015
  8. One Baptism

Notice the Commandment:

For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. - Matthew 15:4

For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death: - Mark 7:10

And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death. - Exodus 21:17

For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood [shall be] upon him. - Leviticus 20:9

Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness. - Proverbs 20:20

Please take notice, that those who "curseth his father or his mother" will indeed "die the death", being the Second Death [2 Corinthians 1:10; Jude 1:12; Revelation 2:11, 20:6,14, 21:8], and "his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness".

Notice other fulfillment:

And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire. - Leviticus 21:9

And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. - Revelation 17:16

Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong [is] the Lord God who judgeth her. - Revelation 18:8

Further, even the Sabbath breaker shall be stoned, "without" the "camp", for our "camp", New Jerusalem, is yet above, in Heaven [But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. - Galatians 4:26], not as yet come down:

[Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name. - Revelation 3:12

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. - Revelation 21:2]:​

Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard [him] lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him. - Leviticus 24:14

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, [and] all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name [of the LORD], shall be put to death. - Leviticus 24:16

But all the congregation bade stone them with stones. And the glory of the LORD appeared in the tabernacle of the congregation before all the children of Israel. - Numbers 14:10

And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. - Numbers 15:35

It is coming:

At the brightness [that was] before him his thick clouds passed, hail [stones] and coals of fire. - Psalm 18:12

The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail [stones] and coals of fire. - Psalm 18:13

And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, [every stone] about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great. - Revelation 16:21

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom [is] as the sand of the sea. - Revelation 20:8

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. - Revelation 20:9

Terms are the same, it is just that Jerusalem, Israel, and the people thereof, are from above [Luke 10:20; John 8:23; Galatians 4:26; Hebrews 12:22,23, etc].

#8 One Baptism, May 19, 2015
  9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isaiah 56 points to gentiles keeping the Sabbath in the OT -- making Christ's statement in Mark 2:27 "The Sabbath was made for mankind" even more obvious as it is true that even in the OT - the gentiles were to keep the Sabbath.

How interesting then that even a great many pro-SUNDAY groups admit to this basic fact that the Sabbath obligation applies even to gentiles.

in Christ,

Bob

10. One Baptism

Actually, it began like this:

Then, it went from there, like this - http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2224733&postcount=4

Please take careful note of the direct connection between Isaiah 56 & 66, for it was said therein, "[Remember in Isaiah 56:5, the "everlasting name" given to us by God?, Here it is again as "your name remain", even as the "new heavens and the new earth", "shall remain before" God ever and always. Thus the two passages are connected, even as both mention the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, as being throughout eternity, kept by the "sons" [and "daughters"], the "disciples" of Jesus, etc.]".

Again, the words of that which is "everlasting", "remain before Me [LORD; and He, everlasting, eternal]", speaking of the "new heavens and new earth" all that which is therein. This would include the ["my", says God] Sabbath of the LORD thy God, in the very context of Isaiah 56 & 66, see Isaiah 56:2,4,6 part of the very "my [God's] covenant" [which Jesus made in the Gospels, see Isaiah 56:8; John 10:16, etc] spoken of therein, and see also Isaiah 66:23. This was previously stated in Isaiah 8:10 ["God with us"] through and unto vs 18 itself, as shown, and directly cited in Hebrews 2:9-13, etc.

It is undeniably certain that the passages in reference [Isaiah 56 & 66] speak of eternity, as shown, "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me ..." - Isaiah 66:22; future tenses, therefore speaking of the Eternal Kingdom, for compare also to Isaiah 65 before it and also 2 Peter 3:13 speaks of it to come, as well as Revelation 21:1,5.

Thank you then, for at least coming to a point wherein, you 'might' ["may"] admit this, though, some brotherly advice from the Scripture?

"A double minded man is unstable in all his ways." - James 1:8

It sure does, as demonstrated on several occasions now, and beyond those examples, see also [in those contexts]:

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words: - Isaiah 58:13

[There is very much I have yet to get to, about that particular passage, and how sweet it is...]​

Thank you for agreeing.

Excellent Scriptural conclusion, for as shown, the very immediate context of Isaiah 66:23 is Isaiah 66:22, which as shown again, above, is speaking of eternity.

It sure does, as stated already in the original reply, see above, or previous reply.

If anyone may carefully, and I ask prayerfully [as some are not doing this], re-examine what was stated in the original reply, never was it stated upon my part, nor implied, that the "new moon" meant a whole month. Again, I invite all to look for themselves:

Please carefully note, that what was said about the "new moon" was that it was that "which declares a specific day". As for the part about the "feast", it was stated by implication, in the very verses given, for with a "feast", there is food, even the "new fruit" of the Tree of Life, according to her "months", "every month", thus on the "new moon", it shall bear its manner of fruits.

This is why I continually ask anyone reading to carefully and "prayerfully" read what is given, asking God for guidance of the Holy Spirit, to prove all things from the Law and the Testimony. One must have the Spirit, to understand these spiritual things, for the words of the Bible are "spirit" and they are life.

11. One Baptism

All good quotations, and excellent references. Thank you for sharing them. They help demonstrate what is going on in these verses I already cited. I hope one does not think that the Trumpets are going to disappear, for God himself has a Trumpet, as do the angels in Heaven, which they use in worship of God, and so also shall we:

And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south. - Zechariah 9:14

Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day. - Psalm 81:3

With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King. - Psalm 98:6

Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. - Psalm 150:3

And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. - Revelation 8:2

And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. - Revelation 8:6

etc.​

No brother, you might have seriously mistaken what was stated, and so I invite you to go back and to re-read what was given, more closely, once more, here - http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2224733&postcount=4

The New Moon [in its "specific day"], as well as The Sabbath [and likewise "the language again of specificity"], in their respective cycles ["sabbaths to be had in eternity, unbroken cycles of weeks [culminating in Sabbath] and months [culminating in New Months/Moons]"], are in eternity, which then also means so are Sun, Moon and stars, to give light upon the earth, in their times, days, seasons, etc, for it is only "in" the city [New Jerusalem], that there will be "no need" of those Heavenly bodies, though they still shine, just eclipsed by the brightness of God's own infinite Glory.

As for "wriggl[ing]", there is someone doing this, to escape the plain reading of the text, in its context(s), which reveals these things kept in eternity, but I am not the one so "wriggl[ing]", but I am settled in the Truth.

Indeed, do so ["look ...closely"], for I have so done, having written it in clear plain terms, based in the Scripture.

Brother, this is the second time, a mistake is made about what was stated in regards the "New Moon", and thus also in connection the Sabbath. Please refer back to the original reply, and to the comments, again made herein. As for the "feast" portion, please refer to the original reply, in the highlighted [blue] portions about the fruit, being food, which is what comes with a "feast", and see also the comments made herein again on that subject. The Sabbath, was connected with the "week" [see Genesis 1-2, for the Biblical week], and stated that the week "culminated in" the Sabbath, being the Holy 7th Day of the LORD thy God.

Mine answer to them that do examine me is this, - 1 Corinthians 9:3

The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts. - Psalm 119:110

Thou hast rebuked the proud [that are] cursed, which do err from thy commandments. - Psalm 119:21

Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in [their] heart; and they have not known my ways. - Hebrews 3:10

Never a statement, nor intimation thereof, was ever given by myself, and I honestly ask anyone to show me by quotation and direct citation, otherwise.

Brother, I am simply going to cite the King James Concordance [E-Sword App], and hope you do not miss how the singular word ['chodesh'] is translated throughout the entire Scripture:

"H2320
    חדשׁ
    chôdesh

Total KJV Occurrences: 296

month, 218

Gen_7:11 (2), Gen_8:4-5 (4), Gen_29:13-14 (4), Exo_12:2-3 (3), Exo_12:6, Exo_12:18 (2), Exo_13:4-5 (2), Exo_19:1 (2), Exo_23:15, Exo_34:18 (2), Exo_40:2, Exo_40:17 (2), Lev_16:29 (2), Lev_23:5-6 (2), Lev_23:24 (2), Lev_23:27, Lev_23:32, Lev_23:34, Lev_23:39, Lev_23:41, Lev_25:9, Lev_27:6, Num_1:1, Num_1:18, Num_3:15, Num_3:22, Num_3:28, Num_3:34, Num_3:39-40 (2), Num_3:43, Num_9:1, Num_9:3, Num_9:5, Num_9:11, Num_9:22, Num_10:11, Num_11:20-21 (2), Num_18:16, Num_20:1, Num_26:62, Num_28:14, Num_28:16-17 (2), Num_29:1 (2), Num_29:6-7 (2), Num_29:12, Num_33:3 (2), Num_33:38, Deu_1:3 (2), Deu_16:1 (2), Jos_4:19, Jos_5:10, 1Sa_20:27, 1Sa_20:34, 1Ki_4:7, 1Ki_4:27, 1Ki_5:14 (2), 1Ki_6:1 (2), 1Ki_6:38, 1Ki_8:2, 1Ki_12:32-33 (4), 2Ki_25:1 (2), 2Ki_25:3, 2Ki_25:8 (2), 2Ki_25:25, 2Ki_25:27 (2), 1Ch_12:15, 1 Chr 27 (15), 1 Chr 27 (15), 2Ch_5:2-3 (2), 2Ch_15:10 (2), 2Ch_29:3, 2Ch_29:17 (3), 2Ch_30:2, 2Ch_30:13, 2Ch_30:15, 2Ch_31:7 (2), 2Ch_35:1, Ezr_3:1, Ezr_3:6, Ezr_3:8, Ezr_6:19, Ezr_7:8-9 (3), Ezr_8:31, Ezr_10:9 (2), Ezr_10:16-17 (2), Neh_2:1 (2), Neh_7:73, Neh_8:2, Neh_8:14, Neh_9:1, Est_2:16 (2), Est_3:7 (5), Est_3:12-13 (3), Est_8:9 (2), Est_8:12 (2), Est_9:1 (2), Est_9:15, Est_9:17, Est_9:19, Est_9:21-22 (2), Jer_1:3, Jer_2:24, Jer_28:1, Jer_28:17, Jer_36:9, Jer_36:22, Jer_39:1-2 (3), Jer_41:1, Jer_52:4 (2), Jer_52:6 (2), Jer_52:12 (2), Jer_52:31 (2), Eze_1:1-2 (2), Eze_29:1 (6), Eze_29:17, Eze_30:20 (2), Eze_32:1 (3), Eze_32:17, Eze_33:21, Eze_40:1, Eze_45:18, Eze_45:20-21 (2), Eze_45:25, Dan_10:4, Hos_5:7, Hag_1:1 (2), Hag_1:15, Hag_2:1, Hag_2:20, Zec_1:1, Zec_1:7 (2), Zec_7:3

months, 37

Gen_38:24, Exo_12:2, Num_28:10-11 (2), Num_28:14, Jdg_11:37-39 (3), Jdg_19:2, Jdg_20:47, 1Sa_6:1, 1Sa_27:7, 2Sa_2:11, 2Sa_5:5, 2Sa_6:11, 2Sa_24:8, 2Sa_24:13, 1Ki_5:14, 1Ki_11:16, 2Ki_15:8, 2Ki_23:31, 2Ki_24:8, 1Ch_3:4, 1Ch_13:14, 1Ch_21:12, 1Ch_27:1, 2Ch_36:2, 2Ch_36:9, Est_2:12 (3), Job_14:5, Job_21:21, Eze_39:12, Eze_39:14, Eze_47:12, Amo_4:7

new, 20

1Sa_20:5, 1Sa_20:18, 1Sa_20:24, 2Ki_4:23, 1Ch_23:31, 2Ch_2:4, 2Ch_8:13, 2Ch_31:3, Ezr_3:5, Neh_10:33, Psa_81:3, Isa_1:13-14 (2), Isa_66:23, Eze_45:17, Eze_46:1, Eze_46:3, Eze_46:6, Hos_2:11, Amo_8:5

moons, 11

1Ch_23:31, 2Ch_2:4, 2Ch_8:13, 2Ch_31:3, Ezr_3:5, Neh_10:33, Isa_1:13-14 (2), Eze_45:17, Eze_46:3, Hos_2:11

moon, 9

1Sa_20:5, 1Sa_20:18, 1Sa_20:24, 2Ki_4:23, Psa_81:3, Isa_66:23, Eze_46:1, Eze_46:6, Amo_8:5

monthly, 1

Isa_47:13 "​

You may also see that here - https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H2320&t=KJV

However, even with that, my replies are not that the "New Moon" of Isaiah 66:23, are in itself a whole month, for I have stated clearly, that therein it refers to a "specific day", and "culminating in", etc. Clearly cited as: "from" "one" "new moon" "to" "another". The time of the 'month' is inbetween each "new moon" occurrence, even as the common work days of the week [days 1-6] are inbetween each Holy 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God occurrence. Thus, "and" "from" "one" "sabbath" "to" "another".

12. One Baptism

I agree with the Holy Spirit's wisdom through Peter about what the Holy Spirit spake/wrote through Paul. There are many today "wrest[ing]" Paul to do away with God's own commandments, for He says:

Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts [are] against me for evil. - Psalm 56:5

Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. - Job 22:22

Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary [food]. - Job 23:12

All the words of my mouth [are] in righteousness; [there is] nothing froward or perverse in them. - Proverbs 8:8

I agree, they surely do, for they do not take things in context:

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished. - Isaiah 51:6

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. - 2 Peter 3:13

My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments [are] righteousness. - Psalm 119:172

I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. - Isaiah 45:19

Thy righteousness [is] an everlasting righteousness, and thy law [is] the truth. - Psalm 119:142

The righteousness of thy testimonies [is] everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live. - Psalm 119:144

Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, [and] I will praise the LORD: - Psalm 118:19​

13. One Baptism

When I read "quickly" in that response, as few passages came to mind - Exodus 32:8; Deuteronomy 9:12. The whole context, from vs 1-8 [minimally], must be gone over, after the manner that the Scripture instructs us, "For precept [must be] upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, [and] there a little:" - Isaiah 28:10; being built from the "sure foundation", the "Rock" [Christ Jesus], upwards, lest it be built upon ever shifting small grains of sand. This was already done so here -

Therefore, there is no real need to repeat any of it here, since it was already given, and now cited for reference. All may consider those, against the "quickly", by the other.

It is so maintained, since that is what Scripture has so given, as demonstrated in those previous links. I refer back to them once more. Notice, again, Isaiah 56:7:

Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices [shall be] accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. - Isaiah 56:7

Then compare to what Isaiah has stated earlier about the New Heavens and New Earth [that earth made new wherein there is "no more pain..." [Revelation 21:4]], by inspiration of the Holy Spirit [and the context is powerful about the final deliverance of God's people]:

They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea. - Isaiah 11:9

See also:

When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take [them]: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain; - Isaiah 57:13

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust [shall be] the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. - Isaiah 65:25

Thou [art] the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee [so]: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. - Ezekiel 28:14

etc.​

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. - Proverbs 3:7

This was already demonstrated to be speaking about these offerings and sacrifices:

We have an Altar [Isaiah 56:7], which is the LORD's:

We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. - Hebrews 13:10

For it is obvious that in eternity, in the New Heavens and New Earth, no one shall be offering animal sacrifices, which were merely shadow, given to represent Christ Jesus in type, see Hebrews 9:9-11, "figure" [Greek, "παραβολη"; Tr. Gr., "parabole"]. Thus we have "spiritual sacrifices" [1 Peter 2:5], being Spiritual Israel [Jew and Greek, anyone in Christ Jesus].

14. One Baptism

The 'ceremonial' "sacrifices" being "offered" [Hebrews 9:9] that brother BobRyan is speaking of, is the "carnal ordinances" [Hebrews 9:10] for the "worldly sanctuary" [Hebrews 9:1], as seen here:

Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation. Hebrews 9:10

See also in direct connection Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14-23 [and I, by the grace of God, will come back to these texts once more, wait for it, though it tarry... :) ], as well as:

And the LORD said unto Moses and Aaron, This [is] the ordinance of the passover: There shall no stranger eat thereof: - Exodus 12:43

Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year. - Exodus 13:10

And if a stranger shall sojourn among you, and will keep the passover unto the LORD; according to the ordinance of the passover, and according to the manner thereof, so shall he do: ye shall have one ordinance, both for the stranger, and for him that was born in the land. - Numbers 9:14

And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; These [are] the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon. - Ezekiel 43:18

And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a meat offering continually by a perpetual ordinance unto the LORD. - Ezekiel 46:14

etc.​

Therefore, brother BobRyan is correct in what he stated. It is simply the matter of examining the definition, by Scripture, not by assumption or apriori:

In the fourteenth day of this month, at even, ye shall keep it in his appointed season: according to all the rites of it, and according to all the ceremonies thereof, shall ye keep it. - Numbers 9:3

See also for further detail:

I am not sure why, even after all the evidence is given, that you continue to say "If..." brother about the 'eternity' spoken of in Isaiah 11; 56; 65; 66; 67; etc, etc.

For instance, see the reply once more here:

Thinking about this "If", in regards the clear nature of the word of God here, in regards it speaking of the eternal, it brings to mind another person in Scripture, who constantly brought up "If" [Matthew 4:3], in regards the eternal, even the Word of God, and let none of us be made after that mould!

Indeed, yet the definition for the ceremonial changes from "carnal" sacrifices to "spiritual" sacrifices, but only those who do not submit to the Law of God, only think of the "carnal", and cannot think upon the "spiritual". This is how brother BobRyan's statements in regards the 'ceremonial' and my own are in atonement. There is no more animal lambs being slain, because Christ Jesus the True Lamb of God has come. Thus we can truly offer thanksgiving for so great salvation, and sacrifice unto Him with eternal praises, etc.

Only from your "private" [2 Peter 1:20] perspective bother, which so far [from beginning to present], is without a single demonstration from any Scripture, while on the contrary, there was several demonstrations and citations upon my part, from the Scripture, even in context, about the eternity of it/them [passages]. Therefore, if you would please, do not include myself in the "we", and though I cannot speak directly for brother BobRyan, I am inclined to think he would not want to be either, but you may ask him of it, to find for certain.

I would also like to know who else, besides yourself brother vooks, would be included in that "we".

I am but a lowly 'servant' of the LORD Jesus, strengthened by Him, and thus "waxed bold" through Him, for "is there not a cause"?:

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. - 1 John 4:18

And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. - Philippians 1:14

By the grace of God, the idols of men, shall be torn down, for even the LORD Himself cometh to do so [Daniel 2; etc].

Since it is the Scripture which says it, I must and can only insist with it, as it is written, Let God be true, ...

15. One Baptism

"piritual sacrifices" is/are the True burnt offering, rather than the carnal/typical/blood of bulls and goats, etc [temporary, until "the time of reformation" [Hebrews 9:10]] of the earthly/worldly sanctuary. Notice again:

The sacrifices of God [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love [his] neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. - Mark 12:33

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. - 1 Peter 2:5

etc...​

See also:

Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice. - Psalm 50:5​

Therefore, God does not require "sacrifice",:

Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. - Psalm 40:6

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. - Hosea 6:6

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give [it]: thou delightest not in burnt offering. - Psalm 51:16​

But He wants/desires True "sacrifice":

I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for [it is] good. - Psalm 54:6

And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing. - Psalm 107:22

I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. - Psalm 116:17

Let my prayer be set forth before thee [as] incense; [and] the lifting up of my hands [as] the evening sacrifice. - Psalm 141:2

For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt. - Mark 9:49

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. - Ephesians 5:2

But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things [which were sent] from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. - Philippians 4:18

By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name. - Hebrews 13:15

Truly, I desire that all shall read it, many times over.

I do not apologize for any of it. :)

Brother, I have noticed you do say "may" and "if" quite a bit, especially in regards these passages we are discussing, and so I wonder, how it is that you can be sure of anything, with such language? Wouldn't you rather be much "settled" in the matter as I? You can be, you know. It is not much of a position to "admit" a position which has taken no firm position, but sits straddled between may be, might be, if and possibly... It is even as "unstable as water" [Genesis 49:9; see also James 1:8, etc], and therefore it is asked, "...How long halt ye between two opinions?..." [1 Kings 18:21].

Brother, the Ten Commandments, all of them, are already "spiritual" [Romans 7:14, see context Romans 7:7, etc], so therefore that is not the problem. The issue, is the "spiritualizing" it away, into aether. A person cannot keep any of the Ten Commandments, lest they themselves are walking after the "Spirit", in Christ Jesus.

[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. - Romans 8:1

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. - Romans 8:4

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. - Romans 8:5

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him [that was born] after the Spirit, even so [it is] now. - Galatians 4:29

It amazes me, that those which attempt to get around the specificity of the Holy 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, will go to such lengths to empty it of this exact point. The contradictions are myriad. They do not realize that the sword of error, which cannot ever sanctify, always points at themselves, and can only take their life [1 Samuel 17:50-51, 31:4; 1 Chronicles 10:4]. More on this later, as needful.

Oh, brother, it indeed is, and for this part of the response, I am going to take an extra day to thoroughly prepare that which I have been given of Jesus, in His word, by His Holy Spirit... and then, by the grace of God, as with Elijah, "If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume", and the difference between shall be made known unto all:

And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword. - Leviticus 26:8

One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he [it is] that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you. - Joshua 23:10

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David [shall be] as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. - Zechariah 12:8

May God, in His love and mercy, make you to know, how frought with eternal peril is your "taken" position.

16. One Baptism

As stated before, it indeed is. We are going to be looking indepth from this reply onward.

Thank you for the tacit admission that it [the Holy 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God] is indeed "being" [present tense] "a memorial for creation..."

Memorials [especially present tense ones, "being"], always point to the Past event, which is why they are called "memorial" [Exodus 13:9, etc], and the 4th Commandment begins with the word "Remember" [Exodus 20:8].

Brother, Christ Jesus said:

Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. - Matthew 11:29

For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:30

Of which was already coming from the Genesis to Malachi texts:

And he said, My presence shall go [with thee], and I will give thee rest. - Exodus 33:14

Please take notice in Matthew 11:28, Jesus stated that He Himself is the one which "give(s)" [Exodus 16:29] us the "rest". He is the one which gives the Holy 7th Day Sabbath [of the LORD thy God], for He made it [at Creation; Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Deuteronomy 5:12-15, etc], and it being "made for ["the"] man" [Mark 2:27, see Greek, "και ελεγεν αυτοις το σαββατον δια τον ανθρωπον εγενετο ουχ ο ανθρωπος δια το σαββατον"], who was Adam, & thus all in him.

What is the "rest" that Christ Jesus "give(s)"? Rest from Sin ["Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." - 1 John 3:4]. Please notice that "is" [present tense], not "was" [past tense]. Afterall, is there not the glorious hymn, "Power in the Blood"?, Would you be free from the burden of sin...

This was why there was to be no "burdens" borne upon the Holy 7th Day Sabbath day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, for the Day is the Sign of freedom from the burden of Sin, and Sin is the transgression of His Holy Law, the Ten Commandments!

And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. Nehemiah 13:19

Thus saith the LORD; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on the sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem; Jeremiah 17:21

There are two yokes,

[1] the yoke of Jesus Christ, and His ways, obedience to His Holy Law, liberty from sin
    [2] or the yoke of the devil, and his, in the bondage, burden of sin, guilt, etc.

Those which laboured, laboured under the burden, the "laden" of several things,

[1] Sin -

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Isaiah 1:4

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. Psalms 33:8

For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. Psalms 38:4

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:23

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:31

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? John 8:33

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. John 8:34

...and because of their iniquities, corrupt men came in and ladened even further with false practices and ways to overcome sin, rules, regulations of worthlessness, which further nullified the commandments of God.

[2] Pharisaical, Lawyers, etc rules of works, traditions which negated the Law of God, and the Salvation of God, separating them from the pure and simple faith of Scripture -

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23:4

And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. Luke 11:46

[3] Fear of Eternal Death, because of sin, which is transgression of His Holy, Just and Good Law -

And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:15

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16

God/Jesus delivers from these, and gives Rest, which is the bringing us back into harmony with Himself, and His Ways and His Law, thus no longer at enmity, no longer in bondage, no longer servants of satan, but chilren of the Living God:

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Exodus 20:2

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:6

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exodus 20:9

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exodus 20:10

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

For True Rest, is found in obeying God in His Law, not rebelling against Him in His Law. It is fully trusting in His saving Grace and Power to deliver from Sin/Selfishness, that we put away our own works for deliverance, put away sins, which are transgressions of His Holy Law, by that same Grace, but Rest with Him in His Rest, For He Delivers. The 7th Day Sabbath is the Sign of the Finished Work of Jesus, not only in Creation, but also in Salvation, Redemption in His death, He Rested. Who will trust and believe in His Finished Work with us?

Lucifer in Heaven, brought discord, strife and unrest when he rebelled and sinned in Heaven. And he again brought the same to our first parents, Adam/Eve. He [satan] brings the same to all who will refuse God, and refuse rest with Him [God/Jesus] in the 7th Day of His own choosing.

...to be continued...

#16 One Baptism, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  17. One Baptism

[4] The Burden of serving wicked Kings in rigorous bondage, because of their rebellions against God, and therefore their needs of chastizing Leviticus 26:13; Deuteronomy 28:48; Isaiah 9:4, 10:27, 14:25; Jeremiah 27:8; 1 Kings 12:11; Psalms 81:6, etc. For Israel in the time of Jesus was under the bondage of the Roman yoke, for their many transgressions.

Transgression and yoke of Bondage are linked:

For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot. Jeremiah 2:20

The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, and come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up. Lamentations 1:4

The Devil is the slave master, enslaving all into sin and selfishness. He says get back to work, do not rest as God says, and do not listen to vain and idle words [of His Commandments], even as he said through Pharoah. The devil says the same through the world today... get back to your works!, and do not listen to God's requirements lest you have rest, ye are idle... idle!

Yet Jesus came to set us free from the bondage of the Cruel Taskmaster, and brings us safely back into Harmony with Himself:

And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve, Isaiah 14:3

And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. Exodus 33:14

The Commandments of God are not burdensome, not grievious, but a joy and delight:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1 John 5:2

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3

Love to God and man, is the keeping of the Ten Commandments of God, by the powerful Grace and Love of God.

I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. Hosea 11:4

Those who worship the Beast, will have no rest:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:11

As God said to Israel of Old, so it is to be said unto us, Israel of "Today":

For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you. Deuteronomy 12:9

Jesus is Lord {LORD, YHVH, the Son} of the Sabbath, since He created it:

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day. Matthew 12:8

Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Mark 2:28

And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath. Luke 6:5

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. Genesis 2:1

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. Genesis 2:2

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Genesis 2:3

And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning. Exodus 16:23

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exodus 20:9

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exodus 20:10

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:15

Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death. Exodus 35:2

Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. Leviticus 23:3

Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. Deuteronomy 5:12

Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: Deuteronomy 5:13

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. Deuteronomy 5:14

And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day. Deuteronomy 5:15

Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you, saying, The LORD your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land. Joshua 1:13

Until the LORD have given your brethren rest, as he hath given you, and they also have possessed the land which the LORD your God giveth them: then ye shall return unto the land of your possession, and enjoy it, which Moses the LORD'S servant gave you on this side Jordan toward the sunrising. Joshua 1:15

And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand. Joshua 21:44

And now the LORD your God hath given rest unto your brethren, as he promised them: therefore now return ye, and get you unto your tents, and unto the land of your possession, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave you on the other side Jordan. Joshua 22:4

And it came to pass a long time after that the LORD had given rest unto Israel from all their enemies round about, that Joshua waxed old and stricken in age. Joshua 23:1

But now the LORD my God hath given me rest on every side, so that there is neither adversary nor evil occurrent. 1 Kings 5:4

Blessed be the LORD, that hath given rest unto his people Israel, according to all that he promised: there hath not failed one word of all his good promise, which he promised by the hand of Moses his servant. 1 Kings 8:56

...to be continued...

18. One Baptism

Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days. 1 Chronicles 22:9

Is not the LORD your God with you? and hath he not given you rest on every side? for he hath given the inhabitants of the land into mine hand; and the land is subdued before the LORD, and before his people. 1 Chronicles 22:18

For David said, The LORD God of Israel hath given rest unto his people, that they may dwell in Jerusalem for ever: 1 Chronicles 23:25

And all Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the LORD gave them rest round about. 2 Chronicles 15:15

So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about. 2 Chronicles 20:30

Therefore he said unto Judah, Let us build these cities, and make about them walls, and towers, gates, and bars, while the land is yet before us; because we have sought the LORD our God, we have sought him, and he hath given us rest on every side. So they built and prospered. 2 Chronicles 14:7

And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious. Isaiah 11:10

And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve, Isaiah 14:3

Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Isaiah 56:6

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Isaiah 58:13

Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Jeremiah 6:16

Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest. Jeremiah 31:2

Their Redeemer is strong; the LORD of hosts is his name: he shall throughly plead their cause, that he may give rest to the land, and disquiet the inhabitants of Babylon. Jeremiah 50:34

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. Hebrews 4:1

In Fact, the Ten Commandments are Jesus Commandments, see John 14:15 and Exodus 20:6. We know that to come short of God's glory [Romans' 3:23], is sin [1 John 3:4], which is transgression of the Holy Law of God, the Ten Commandments [Romans 7:7,14, etc].

Colossians 2:17, speaks about "shadow" and "body" [substance], of that which is in the previous verses. We shall come to Colossians 2 in its context, in a bit, and therein demonstrate, from Scripture, what it deals with in its "handwriting of ordinances", that were "against", etc, and then see where Paul is directly citing from in the texts of Genesis to Malachi, and for what purpose.

Frankly, I am surprised brother vooks, that you did not lump Romans 14 [one of the most misused passages in all of Scripture for those that want to do whatever they want and call it holiness], Galatians 3-5, etc in there also. Nevertheless, these shall all be gone over in their contextual details.

Let's briefly [for the moment, to come back to later] take a look at the Sabbath passages of the Matthew - Revelation texts:

The many times that the Holy 7th Day the "Sabbath" of the LORD thy God is given in the New Testament:

Matthew 12:1,2,5,8,10,11,12, 24:20, 28:1;

Mark 1:21, 2:23,24,27,28, 3:2,4, 6:2, 7:6-9, 15:42, 16:1;

Luke 4:16,31, 6:1,2,5,6,7,9, 13:10,14,15,16, 14:1,3,5, 23:54,56;

John 5:9,10,16,18, 7:22,23, 9:14,16, 19:31;

Acts 1:2, 13:14,27,42,44, 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4;​

Additional references are:

Hebrews 4:9; [Greek: sabbatismos, literal sabbath-keeping]

Revelation 1:10 [kuriake hemera, "the Lord's Day" [the weekly 7th Day Sabbath, not directly "the Day of the Lord" [being the final 1,000 years. millennium], this is totally different in the Greek, but is a miniature of the Great Week "with" [2 Peter 3:8] God, 6,000 years ending [the mystery of God should be finished] entering into in the final 7,000th year in Heaven], see Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:8-11, Deuteronomy 5:12:15, Isaiah 58:13, 66:23, Matthew 12:8, Mark 2:27,28; Luke 6:5 ], 10:6 [see also Exodus 20:11, 31:17 Nehemiah 9:6; Psalms 146:6; Acts 4:24, 14:15, Revelation 14:7]; 14:7 [see previous], etc​

Additionally, further references in the Greek are [every single obviously stated 'first [day] of the week' text from Matthew to Revelation, proves the ongoing perpetuity of the 7th Day Sabbath, in which the whole week pointed to and culminated in]:

Matthew 28:1 - oye de sabbatwn and eiV mian sabbatwn
    Mark 16:2 - kai lian prwi ths mias sabbatwn
    Mark 16:9 - anastas de prwi prwth sabbatou
    Luke 24:1 - th de mia twn sabbatwn
    John 20:1 - th de mia twn sabbatwn
    John 20:19 - th mia twn sabbatwn
    Acts 20:7 - en de th mia twn sabbatwn
    1 Corinthians 16:2 - kata mian sabbatwn

Additional reference is in the Sabbath before Jesus' death, wherein Jesus, the disciples and Lazarus, all were at Lazarus' house, six days before the Passover, the very next day being the Triumphal entry:

Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead. John 12:1

For further evidence of that see - http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=99234

...to be continued...

#18 One Baptism, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  19. One Baptism

The Church [OT/NT] met many days of the week, and in Acts, yes even in the Gospels and elsewhere, the Christians [even as did the Jews] met "daily", none of which eliminates obedience to God in His 4th Commandment, at all, as we see them [the Church, Jews & Gentiles] explicitly meeting on "the Sabbath" hundreds of times in the NT alone, even "in the grace of God":

Jesus met in the temple "daily" [and not only there, also synagogue, and in nature], even especially in his last week from Sunday to Tuesday, especially: John 11:55, 21:1; Matthew 26:55; Mark 14:49; Luke 19:47, 22:53; John 18:20; see additionally [in this order, read carefully], Matthew 21:10; Mark 11:11; John 12:12,13; Matthew 21:12,13,17; Mark 11:12,15,16,17,19; Matthew 26:2; Mark 14:1; Matthew 21:18,23; Mark 11:20,27; Matthew 23:37,38,39 [Parallel to Luke 13:31,32,33,34,35]

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Acts 2:46

And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ. Acts 5:42​

And does any know why this "daily"? Understand this text - Psalms 77:13

Also, Jesus met with the Discples the 2nd day of the week here, since he spent a great deal of time with the two Disicples on the Road to Emmaus on the first day [see Luke 24:21, "...beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done"], it came to be evening [which begins the next day, when the sun sets at even, Mark 1:32; Leviticus 23:32; Genesis 1:5,8,13,19,23,31, etc ], and then they sat down to dinner, and as Jesus vanished before them, they ran back to Jerusalem at night and then Jesus met with them again, all together [thus no longer the 'first [day] of the week', but rather the second [day] of the week]:

But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them. Luke 24:29

And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. Luke 24:30

And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them, Luke 24:33

And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. Luke 24:36

Jesus also stayed for 40 days after His resurrection, His first ascension and return:

To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: Acts 1:3​

Thus, since Jesus ascended for the Second time, this time from the Mount of Olives, he was there with them exactly 10 days before Pentecost [first [day] of the week], which means, we see again that Jesus was with them not merely upon the first [day] of the week.

Paul and Barnabas, and Luke, etc not only met in the synagogue [which simply means "the gathering"], but also outdoors in nature, God's Creation, just as Jesus had done, and reading/teaching the Scriptures and speaking of the Gospel as Jesus had done while He kept the 7th Day Sabbath:

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. Luke 4:16

[What was Jesus reading about?]​

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, Luke 4:17

And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. Luke 4:20

At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. Matthew 12:1

And they went into Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he entered into the synagogue, and taught. Mark 1:21

And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn. Mark 2:23

And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? Mark 6:2

And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days. Luke 4:31

And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands. Luke 6:1

And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered. Luke 6:6

And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. Luke 13:10

And it came to pass, as he went into the house of one of the chief Pharisees to eat bread on the sabbath day, that they watched him. Luke 14:1

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Acts 17:2

And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither. Acts 16:13​

What did Paul, etc do that Jesus didn't do? Didn't Jesus preach the Gospel? Notice the context of the last verse, it was where "prayer" was made, and they "sat down".

Jesus specifically foretold that the Christians would be keeping the Sabbath long after He had ascended, even as they continued to do, even after He died:

And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment. Luke 23:56

Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. Acts 1:12

[This was written by Luke, a Gentile, years after the fact of Jesus ascension, etc]​

But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: Matthew 24:20

The Gentiles themselves, as it was foretold in the OT, begged Paul to preach to them also on the Sabbath:

And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. Acts 13:42

And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Acts 13:44

[That was primarily from the texts of Genesis to Malachi]​

Further, we see that Paul preach in specific places, always on the Sabbath to the peoples, Jews and Gentiles, even in one city a year and six months, every Sabbath!

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Acts 17:2

And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks. Acts 18:4​

As for "the Lord's Day" of Revelation 1:10, consider the context itself which refers to other various passages in Scripture, none of which are speaking about "Sunday" ['first [day] of the week'], but instead always the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, His Holy Day, which is the very heart and center of His Moral Law of Ten Commandments.

Finally we come to Hebrews 4. Let's now look carefully and prayerfully.

20. One Baptism

In reverse:
    Like unto my LORD God, for in the 7th Day He rested, being the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, even Jesus Christ, "as his custom", see also Paul [Acts 17:2, "as his manner was"].

Brother, as demonstrated the Law of God, the Ten Commandments are "spiritual" [For we know that the law is spiritual ..." Romans 7:14], not to be "spiritualized" away into nothing/vanity/aether.

"Spiritual" does not mean ethereal, of non-substance, frittered away:

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. - Galatians 6:1

There is always to be demonstration of the faith, for a fruit tree bearing no fruit, in the time of fruit, having only leaves, is pretentious, false witness.

And my speech and my preaching [was] not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: - 1 Corinthians 2:4

Thus it is the same with those who say they keep the 'spirit' of the Sabbath, and yet in the very Holy 7th Day Sabbath of the LORD thy God, they refuse to cease from their work(s) as God has commanded, calling all men everywhere to repent [Acts 14:15, 17:30, 26:20, etc], and thus refuse the rest wherewith Christ Jesus in His righteousness offers in its place, yet they would choose their own way, their own self-righteousness, their own man/self-made law over God's. They say effectively to God, "No, God, not your way... my way and you must accept it as true."

Christ Jesus is the pattern man, and he said, "follow me..."

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: - 1 Peter 2:21

Yes, Christ Jesus is "our Passover" [1 Corinthians 5:7], and this because He is the "Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world" [John 1:29,36], even the "Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" [Revelation 13:8], but brother, show me a single text where Jesus is the "day" of Passover, instead of being the "Passover [the sacrifice]". And contrary to the point, it was man/devil-made traditions which were pervading throughout, which undercut all the Holy Law of God, the Ten Commandments and His Testimony:

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. - Colossians 2:8

More:

But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? - Matthew 15:3

And honour not his father or his mother, [he shall be free]. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. - Matthew 15:6

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, [as] the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. - Mark 7:8

And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. - Mark 7:9

etc.​