1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What smells like a skunk but isn't a skunk?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Spinach, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Spinach

Spinach New Member

A quick google says snake. Say it ain't so! Please assure me that there is some other reason why there would be a skunk smell in my house when we live in an area with no skunks!

If it is a snake (assure me it's not a mommy-to-be snake!), how do I get it out of my house???

Do lady bugs smell like skunk? Someone please tell me that it's all the lady bugs!!!

2. mandym

mandym New Member

It is a pregnant snake that is 10 feet long and poisonous. Pretty soon there will be about 100 other snakes running around your house.

3. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Gasp! Hush it!

4. mandym

mandym New Member

Just joshin

5. Spinach

Spinach New Member

It's sort of like this person's complaint. A few weeks ago I smelled it upstairs. Tonight I smelled it in the basement.

The snake thing is freaking me right out! I should have known better than to google before bed. LOL!

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

A fox. Do you have those? They can be outside and the scent can waft in with no problem. I had this issue in a place I lived in before, thought for sure it was a skunk, turned out to be little foxes running about. The scent's probably just coming through the air vents or an open window. I highly doubt a snake would bother to climb the stairs or that it would smell that strong. Some do smell, but in my experience you pretty much have to handle the snake before you notice the smell. The scent won't just fill up a room in my experience.

If there are homes nearby, sometimes people who cook meth use chemicals that can resemble the smell of skunk. Next time you smell it walk a circle outside your house and see if it's the wind carrying it in your direction. If it's not drifting through the air, but is localized to somewhere right outside your house, it's probably just an outside critter wandering about.

Ladybugs do have an odor but I've never equated it with skunk. We had a major ladybug invasion where we lived one year and the news was giving advice on vaccuuming them and such. We had a lot, but the smell was pretty minor. Well, except when a really big one flew into a lamp and fried to a ladybug crisp. EW It was our friend...we got rid of all of them but that one because it was really pretty, then that happened. The kids weren't too happy...

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Personally I say that the only putrid stench that compares to a skunk is tobacco.