1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Presidents Kissing the Bible (Video)

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Jerome, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure of the origin of that gesture. Truman and Harding were masons. There are probably closet masons. Kissing the Bible has been in masonic liturgy. They say they are not a religion.

George Washington was a mason. There are pictures of him in masonic garb being sworn in to the office of President, USA. The Bible used was Masonic--it still exists and has been used in recent years. There is an interesting story about how the District of Columbia is laid out in terms of monuments, streets, etc. There is some interesting conjecture about the symbols on the dollar bill.

There is an interesting story about the LDS and Masonry.

There has been a serious infiltration by masonry in the ranks of Baptists, etal. Deacon boards with a majority of masons make the decisions for the congregation. Is that still a problem?

Masons reportedly have a sheepskin cloth they wear daily for protection. It is also a burial cloth--to ward off the skin worms.

Interesting midnight reading? Or time to check the lampoil level?

Beware of wolves dressed like sheep.

Even so come Lord Jesus.

Peace,

Bro. James

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Harding may have kissed the Bible, but there's precious little to suggest he ever bothered to do what it said.

I'd rather them obey it than kiss it, anyway.

(I'm proud of myself--there's a good dozen jokes I could use about our current President....but I'm behaving......for now. :eek: :D :D