1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Small business loans for immigrants

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Terry_Herrington, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Why is it that our government offers small business loans for immigrants? Is the same deals offered to American citizens? I have heard about this for years. What is the truth about it?

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Couldn't say about the "immigrant" loans. But there are several programs scattered around that provide micro-loans for Americans.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't know why the government does this, but they do and the loans are interest free. Also, the imigrants do not have to pay taxes for the first five years they are here.

No, they do not offer American citizens the same deals. We are on our own. That's why most of the businesses in our town have been taken over by 'foreigners'.

I'm not prejudiced, just would like the same deal for all of us.

[​IMG]
    Sue

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Sue,
    It is this type of treatment that fuels prejudice. It really makes me angry that foreigners are given an advantage over citizens.

5. I Am Blessed 24

I agree Terry. I could probably buy a business too if I could get an interest free loan and didn't have to pay taxes for five years!

6. Gib

Gib Active Member

Y'all pay taxes?

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    After some research, I assume the program you mentioned is the same as the Small Business Administration-guaranteed loan program, which is open to citizens and legal aliens. The loans are not tax free; the interest rate is often lower because of the guarantee.

I'm not aware of any tax breaks specifically for immigrants.

8. I Am Blessed 24

Maybe it's a state-bt-state thing; but I know several of the people personally and they don't pay income tax for the first five years.

[​IMG]
    Sue