1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Liberty Home Bible Institute

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Christian PS Teacher, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Christian PS Teacher

I am considering investing in this program. I am a consistent Bible reader and I would like to deepen my understanding of the word of God.

I am curious if anyon on BB has purchased this program and what value it was to them.

Thank you for your time.

Mike.

2. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

For what it is worth, I am a graduate of Liberty University & The Seminary, all by distance ed. I have lots of exposure to the Distance Learning Program at Liberty and can vouch for the content and quality of their programs in general. Also, Dr. Wilmington's Guide to the Bible is (I'm pretty sure) the main text, well in conjunction with the Bible of course, and his biblical insight is top notch. It is straightforward exegetical Bible interpretation. Good stuff.

Perhaps someone else on the board has specific experience with LBI?

3. Christian PS Teacher

I appreciate your response. Thank You.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I took that course and it is fine and worthwhile,however you may want to dig a little deeper and consider Wilmington School of the Bible. Same guy just a step up.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and significantly more expensive :)

6. Christian PS Teacher

POB, Is Wilmington School of the Bible an at home course like Liberty? Is it Wilmington NC?

Thanks,
    Mike.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's basically the same thing, but with additional credits given.

8. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

Good day!
    I believe it's named for Dr. Harold Wilmington. He was nicknamed "Mr. Bible" by Falwell and the folks at Liberty.

Blessings!

9. Christian PS Teacher

Thank You.

10. Plain Old Bill

It is named after Dr. Harold Wilmington and is out of Liberty. You get 48 semester hours of credit instead of 24 for a lot more work and there are an additional 10 elective courses. The school is out of Virginia.
    There are other less expensive options available to you it just depends on what is important to you education or paper. I would advise you to go to my site and look over the free schools which vary in quality from institute level through seminary level. The difference is you will get no certificates from several of them but they will make you really smart.

#10 Plain Old Bill, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  11. PilgrimPastor

PilgrimPastor Member
    Site Supporter

From your website, "Welcome to the Bible Believing Fundamentalist Web site.We are honored that you have decided to spend some time with us. The site is now a project in progress. As we move along we will be adding new material,links,articles,and sermons from the old fundamentalist like Billy Sunday,C.S. Spurgeon,D.L.Moody ,John R. Rice and more of their kind. We will also add articles from current events and interest to fundamentalist Christians."

Is it C.S. Lewis or C.H. Spurgeon you are referring to? :)

12. Plain Old Bill

check the links on the side that is the secret to the whole site. The colleges, seminaries, and institutes are in the upper 1/4 of the links.

13. Plain Old Bill

Thanks for the edit Pilgrim Pastor, the correction has been made a few days age when you suggested.:tonofbricks: Hard to find good help these days.:laugh:

14. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Try Dover Bible or Cherith

Agree with Plain Old Bill. I am currently taking the free Bible courses through Dover First Baptist Bible Institute that is listed on his site. Very good course.
    When I'm through there I may move on to Cherith Bible Institute. Give them a try.

Hawg

15. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    POB Response

POB,

How in the world are you? Well I hope!

Just my two cents worth from the "snob side" of the discussion I suppose.

Gentlement:

Should we not be giving out the word and doctrine and praxis rather than continually just taking it it; and then going about to "take in some more?":thumbs:

Just a question for clarification's sake!!:laugh:

"That is all!"

16. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    hawg_427 Response

Hawg,

Maybe my above post when I spoke to Plain Old Bill should have been here?:laugh:

"That is all!"

This is an added edit:

I guess what I am trying to say in such a feeble minded way is this: Should we not be generating preaching, teaching, writing, etc. rather than always just going about "to take it in?"

"That is all!" (I hope!).

#16 Rhetorician, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2008
  17. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I guess what I am trying to say in such a feeble minded way is this: Should we not be generating preaching, teaching, writing, etc. rather than always just going about "to take it in?""

Yep. :laugh:

I think I will make the comments on your thread relating to training that has been quite idle.

18. Plain Old Bill

I could'nt agree with you more. If you are looking at my site and thinking I am just trying to tickle peoples ears then you have missed the point.

The site was put together with the idea of supplying missionaries the means and tools of training thier local nationals to become pastors.
    It was also put together to supply the research resources to the overseas missionary or pastor with the tools he needs to do the work. Also in here are from institute level through seminary level in 8 languages,Bible training. There is a 3 year Bible study course for small groups to be done at church or in a home group setting. We also have information on how to plant churches and missions. The site also provides Christian radio and television to provide a little entertainment for the homesick missionary. There are many many more sites which offer opportunities for christian service. This is not a site for pew potatoes.

19. Plain Old Bill

So far we have served Christians in over 23 countries many of them former communist countries and several Muslim countries. We also have served many hundereds of US cities and towns. We are presently linked up to many sites and have had material downloaded many times. I've also noticed people from 3rd world countries signing up for Bible training at NO COST to them. Praise the Lord!:godisgood:

#19 Plain Old Bill, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  20. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not casting a shadow on your work pob, Rhet started a thread about practical training as well as the book learnin :thumbs: There needs to be a balance and the internet is a great offering of the learnin! Imagine the missionaries and your readers are doing both.