1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Satan "Win"? Has he already "Won"?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by fortytworc, Apr 26, 2012.

1. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Depending on who to listen to there have been a total of anywhere from 96,000,000,000 (96 billion) to 108,000,000,000 (108 billion) people on this planet. That is from the first human until present time the total amount of people who have ever lived on Earth.
    1,000,000,000 Catholics
    400,000,000 Unaffiliated Independent Churches
    217,000,000 Orthodox believers
    350,000,000 Denominationally affiliated Protestants
    80,000,000 Anglican
    --------------------
    This is the answer to "How many Christians are in the world today?" World population is currently at 7,000,000,000 (7 billion)
    A little over 29% of the world’s population claim to fit into one of the categories of Christianity. I'm going to put it at 30% for easier calculation. I'm not debating who is really a Christian. I also know that there was no Christianity until approximately 2,000 years ago. BUT to be way overly liberal (mostly to make it easier to calculate) and lacking any numbers I am going to use 30% of the
    Total population of 96billion. The question is "If 30% of Earths total population will be with God in heaven forever how many is that, and How many will be in Hell forever? .30 x 96,000,000,000 = 28,800,000,000
    28,800,000,000 in heaven. 96,000,000,000 - 28,800,000,000 = 67,200,000,000 in Hell. The Thief comes to Steal, Kill,and Destroy. These figures would appear to indicate that Satan is winning with nothing to change His momentum.
    This evokes questions like, "Why did Jesus come anyway?" "What good was His sacrifice if Satan has gotten, and will continue to get what he wants?" Don't think people don't think of these things when considering eternity.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psalm 18:30 - "This God - his way is perfect;the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."

God is perfect. God is sovereign. It comes as no surprise to Him who is saved and who is not. He will not be shocked by the number of people in hell and opposed to the number of people in heaven.

The Bible says that the path to hell is "broad" and the path to heaven is "narrow".

How can Satan win when he, himself, is going to burn in hell for all eternity? How can Satan win when he and God are not playing a game? How can Satan win when he and God are not opposites in conflict with one another - no yin or yang - no little devil in red on one shoulder and no little angel in white on the other shoulder? How can Satan win when he cannot compete with God?

God's perfection, worth, and holiness cannot be measured by the number of souls saved. God would be the "winner" even if just one person were to enter heaven.

Jesus Christ is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. That means that Jesus is and was the victorious Son of God before the universe was created. There is no contest here. There is no "winner" with the most points (souls).

The scripture that I cited says that God's ways are perfect. I'm good with that.

3. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Amen! I don't think it could've been said any better!

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God hanging on a Cross, willingly to suufer physically like none other, enduring it for the glory that was to come!

the Glory of the Cross.....

How "so like God", that the instrument seen as certain death/shame, would be turned around to be the sign of Hid glory/power...

satan "won" his defeat and eternal punishment!

5. billwald

billwald New Member

If I was raising cows or dogs and 80% of them had to be destroyed I would conclude that I was in the wrong business.

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I believe heaven will outnumber hell. Where sin abounded grace did much more abound. The number of infants in heaven alone might outnumber those in hell.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not so sure that this verse you have referenced (Romans 5:20) is quantitative in nature.

Jesus did give some specifics, though. "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Was Jesus giving statistics? I don't know.

8. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Reading this thread reminded me of this verse

Satan would only win if none of God's creation gave him glory, but since Christ loved the elect "while we were still yet sinners" and "humbled himself and became obedient to death, even death on the cross", and that none that the Father has given will be "snatched" out of Christ's hand, then no, Satan has not and will not win.:jesus::godisgood:

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As to the OP, are you talking about a specific BATTLE, or the WAR; makes a humongous difference in the answer!

10. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

The War. The total of all born up to now.

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Jesus said the standard is to love God and be a good neighbor. He didn't say that people who misidentify God or neighbor in ignorance would go to Hell.

12. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The context in Romans 5:15-19 is quantitive contrasts between Adam and Christ in regard to consequences of each.

Matthew 7:13-14, as well as, the entire context is dealing with those who are capable of personal accountability.

13. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Yes, but where is God going to go for another job?.....And who is going to interview Him.