1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

be good for goodness sake

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mcdirector, Nov 12, 2008.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Poor things! They need to feel alone. Without God in their lives they truly are.

==In other words this person really believes that people who believe in God are not rational people. What a twisted way of thinking! It seems to me that it is rational to believe in a God when one considers the complexity of the universe. I suppose Edwords is one of the people the Bible talks about when it says that "the fool has said in his heart, there is no God" (Ps 14:1, Rom 1:21-23).

==In case anyone does not know, in the movie "Expelled" the "intelligent" Richard Dawkins claims that life may have been created and planted on earth by aliens. Don't believe me? Watch the movie. Again a perfect example of what Scripture says when it proclaims that "professing to be wise, they became fools" (Rom 1:22). There is no evidence what-so-ever for the existence of intelligent life on other planets. Maybe it is there, maybe it is not, I don't know. Despite that fact Dawkins makes the claim that humans came from aliens. The evidence of a creator God is all around him. Yet Dawkins so hates God that he will go to any silly extreme to explain away the reality of God.

Tragic.

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Yea I've seen that video before. Very troubling. It shows how little respect Dawkins has for things he does not understand/believe. I suppose we should not expect more from a man who honestly believes that humans were planted on earth by aliens (a theory for which he has zero evidence).

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What lead you to Christianity in the first place?

Note* Moderators please allow the derail of this thread in this one instance.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

One good starting point: in every other religion, man has to work his way to God. In Christianity, God has come to man.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You need more faith believing this tripe than a supreme creator.

I find it ironic that darwinians are now backing off of evolution and pointing to a greater intelligence. Instead of pointing to God...they are pointing to intelligence on other planets. Who put that intelligence there? They say darwinianism started there...but no proof whatsoever...just empty faith.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you don't see it as superior, I wouldn't be so comfortable you are a christian.

Based on your profile the suspicions of having an ulterior motive here on the BB have arised.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, this little conversation has made me think that I need to change how I pray for this campaign.

Since all things are possible, it is indeed possible that God can use this campaign meant to pull people away from Him toward Him. That will be my prayer.

#10 mcdirector, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Please do not respond to obvious trolls.