1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Monopoly games

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by billwald, Apr 29, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

Say you give a MONOPOLY GAME to your kids. After awhile they say they want to change the rules to fit modern conditions. You reply, "Fine. keep the noise down." To them, it is a serious game. To you, it is only a game. You don't have a stake in that game.

I think that situation well describes the USA. The people who call themselves "middle class" are living in a monopoly game and worry about the rules thus the arguments over Supreme Court Decisions and legislation. Will our parents take away our freedom to play our game? We must change the rules of the game.

Our parents, the 1% and their multi-national corporations, own or control everything worth owning and controlling and no longer have a stake in OUR game. They hardly know we exist and don't care what we do. It can't effect them.

There is no point to us worrying about gold vs fiat money. Our money is now play money and "we" don't own enough gold to make a difference in anything. Gold has little value to our parents because it has very few industrial uses. If everyone all of a sudden wanted to use rare earth metals as jewelry and paper weights, THEN the stuff would hit the fan.

2. targus

targus New Member

So what does this mean?

Your kids wanted to buy properties with nothing down and take a 120% of value mortgage on the properties?

They wanted the government to subsidize their mortgages?

They wanted to not pay the rent due to others but still stay on the property?

What are you talking about? :laugh:

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, thanks for the laugh.

[Pssst....integrated circuits use gold. There are a few integrated circuits, i.e. chips, in the world. Just a few.]

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

If you should come across some bad chips, there's a good remedy fer dem: Three Bean Dip!! :thumbs: (It'll cover a multitude of sins, don't cha know!!) ROTFL!! :laugh::laugh:

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I think it has to do with..who really carries cash?

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If you have some of that worthless gold or other rare metals laying around you want taken off your hands, please ship it to me. I will give you my address in a PM and will even pay shipping.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Anyone know why platinum is so low compared to gold?

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, but Kryptonite is worth millions to Lex Luthor.