1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missionaries killed in home invasion in Mexico

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Mexdeaf, Feb 1, 2012.

1. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

These situations do sadden me, and we must never forget the cost some pay. However, I am also readily reminded of God's encouragement to me in Paul's words...

Php 1:18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice,
    Php 1:19 for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
    Php 1:20 according to my earnest expectation and hope, that I will not be put to shame in anything, but that with all boldness, Christ will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.
    Php 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mexico is getting more and more dangerous. My Asst Pastor knows
    the son of these martyrs. They are in glory now....praise the Lord.

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Lord, we ask that You comfort the family members and friends of these killed missionaries'.
    We are grateful for their service for You, Lord. And in Jesus name.AMEN

4. 238480

238480 New Member

These were friends of friends of my family from the time we spent on the mission field in Mexico. As has been said, they knew the costs, and, right now, I don't think they are regretting their decision to remain in Mexico. If we are truly committed to the Lord, then our lives are His to use as he pleases - even if he pleases to call us home sooner than we might like.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said. May God give sweet comfort to all who loved them.

Folks, I recently spoke with a missionary to Mexico, and it is getting more and more dangerous there. If you know missionaries there please pray for them faithfully.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Amen to that and 238480's comments also!

I still go back and forth- planning two camps there in Mexico this summer. Please pray for the deaf church that we began- they need a pastor, the pastor who succeeded me resigned and moved away. It is not easy to find a man who is willing to work with the deaf- it requires many talents and a strong will to see the job through to the end. Most today want an 'easy' ministry.