1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One great summer.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Wanderer, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Wanderer

Wanderer Member

One great summer. This summer has brought alot of great things and also cost me something that cant ever be replaced.

Every summer since I've graduated has been rough on me in this economy, summer of 2005 was by far one of the greater summers (the summer I lived out my dream in Alaska) while the rest up untill this year has been rather tough and on going.

Start early June with me flying my sister out to spend six weeks with me in one of the most beautiful places in the United States. Cost me an arm and leg to have her here with me this summer and we were able to spend and do things that most could only dream of. For this im thankful :godisgood:

On the morning my sister flew in, I had learned that one of my closer friends was found dead in Seattle on June 9th 2008, he had died on June 8th 2008 (same day as my B-day).

Rest of June went by slow and uneventful. early July I had a panic attack for my first time and took several days to get over, sortly after I found out that I was accepted into the Bible college of gods choice.

Now August is here, bought my flight to where I needed to go and was charged two extra times on my debit card, yes I will get this money back though its going to take a while. Sadly and prayfuly befor school starts. This series of issues in my life has helped both my father and myself to get closer though, he has been a great help in my life.

I know sounds crazy and not well put together, however it's still one great summer. Why? Well good friend died cousing me to be even more thankful for what I have been blessed with, making me question god. Not why he died but what good is going to come out of this mess. The Airline issues are another good fortune, going to make me watch my money closer and be more careful with how I spend it. (no money now = no food till friday).

I would like to know how you all are doing, I've been matureing in Christ slowly. I'm thankful for what I've gone through this summer, all this 'bad' has actualy turned out to create One great summer!

Sorry for miss spellings, dont know where my spell checker went.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. James 1:2-4

May the Lord give you peace and joy, and maturity in Christ through all your trials both physical, emotional, and mental. He is faithful who has called you in His grace.

Your brother,
    RB

3. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a bittersweet year, Wanderer. Yet through it all, you're praising the Lord. So glad to hear that! :thumbs:

Ditto from me ... :wavey:

4. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

Yeah listening to your summer makes me glad I am not alone with the divorce and the pregnancy and everything--sorry to hear about your friend.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

#5 Amy.G, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008