BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist DEBATE Forums (Baptist Only) > General Baptist Discussions

General Baptist Discussions Baptist topics that don't fit in the forums below

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:02 PM

Default Women pastors you like

Thought I'd ask for some favorites, and get to know a little about what they preach.

FTR, I don't believe women belong in the pulpit. But some apparently encourage it.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:08 PM

I like Barbara Brown Taylor. There are several here locally I enjoy as well.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:09 PM

I looked up Barbara Brown Taylor, but really couln't find any free sermons, or statements of faith. I did see she has world-wide critical acclaim, which alone makes me suspicious, as the Bible, and in particular, Jesus Christ himself, tells us the world will hate us because of him. I also see that the more Biblical-sound preachers usually have their sermons available for free. She does not. Being a woman pastor, that makes three strikes, in my book. I will not pay for anything she has to say.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:14 PM

Ok then you probably do not like David Jeremiah since he has world wide fame. She has her own web page but I am not sure if she has any sermons on it. She is a very prolific writer. I do not think she is actually a pastor.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:18 PM

I see she is a supporter of "The Center for Progressive Christianity", and pulled these statements of faith from their site...

Have found an approach to God through the life and teachings of Jesus.

The life and teachings of Christ are not what Christianity is based on, and believing in such has never saved anyone.

Recognize the faithfulness of other people who have other names for the way to God's realm, and acknowledge that their ways are true for them, as our ways are true for us.

There is NOTHING Biblical or even Christian about that quote. Seems Barbara Brown Taylor, and the CPC are content with sending people to hell, as long as they're not offended.

Find more grace in the search for understanding than we do in dogmatic certainty - more value in questioning than in absolutes.

I have no problem saying this woman probably isn't even saved, herself. I shudder to think there are people on this board who support this garbage.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Curtis View Post
I see she is a supporter of "The Center for Progressive Christianity", and pulled these statements of faith from their site...

Have found an approach to God through the life and teachings of Jesus.

The life and teachings of Christ are not what Christianity is based on, and believing in such has never saved anyone.

Recognize the faithfulness of other people who have other names for the way to God's realm, and acknowledge that their ways are true for them, as our ways are true for us.

There is NOTHING Biblical or even Christian about that quote. Seems Barbara Brown Taylor, and the CPC are content with sending people to hell, as long as they're not offended.

Find more grace in the search for understanding than we do in dogmatic certainty - more value in questioning than in absolutes.

I have no problem saying this woman probably isn't even saved, herself. I shudder to think there are people on this board who support this garbage.
I do not agree with everything she says or supports, but I will not take away the fact she is an incredible preacher and writer. If you read and heard her you would never doubt her salvation.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:23 PM
4,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbowe View Post
I do not agree with everything she says or supports, but I will not take away the fact she is an incredible preacher and writer. If you read and heard her you would never doubt her salvation.
If you aren't preaching the true Gospel message, then you are by definition not an incredible preacher. You are, in fact, a horrible preacher.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:24 PM

She seems like a secular humanist. One of those "Non-Judgment Day Is Coming" heretics. I also see she preaches from the "Green Bible". A true Christian would stay as far away from the teachings of the CPC, not link to them from their site.

I've seen enough.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Curtis View Post
She seems like a secular humanist. One of those "Non-Judgment Day Is Coming" heretics. I also see she preaches from the "Green Bible". A true Christian would stay as far away from the teachings of the CPC, not link to them from their site.

I've seen enough.
Ok, well your certainly entitled to your opinion.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:02 PM
15,000 Posts Club

Personally, if a woman is a pastor, then she is starting off on the wrong foot for me. If she disobeys scripture in this area, then I need to worry about what else she'll be wrong on. There are great preachers out there who do not so obviously disobey the Word and I'd rather spend my time listening to them. So I will never have a favorite woman pastor.