BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > Politics

Politics Discuss national and world politics.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 09-27-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1999 View Post
Someone mention killing in war. I fear we are forced to kill in the defence of our freedom.(No, when someone breaks into one's home with the intent of rape and murder, you are not 'forced' to do anything. You can allow the perpetraters to do what they want or one can defend their family. It's up to each individual's choice.) Every soldier I know who has killed another man in battle feels that to the core of his existence. I saw men who were killed because they couldn't squeeze the trigger in their own defence. If some are so opposed to this killing, why do you continue to support the "right to bear arms"? (Because I have no such problem with killing others who are trying to rape, murder,rob my family or friends , or torch my property.) If you are so against this concept, then what stops someone from sending you a letter telling you to send all your money and turning all of your property to someone else under just the threat of physical harm?)Why do so many in this free world keep weapons at home? (Then put a sign on your front yard declaring that you have no fire-arms and will not resist any offense against you or anyone in your house. Go ahead, I DARE you.)Guns were designed to kill. There is no other purpose for a gun. (Now I KNOW you don't know what you are talking about. Let me guess, you are one of the fruit-cakes that writes to the Olympic Committee every four years to try to stop the events there, as well as the 4-H clubs, Boy/Girl Scouts around the U.S., and private clubs as well.

There is so much violence in the Bible, this commandment is one of the most difficult verses to fully understand.

Cheers,

Jim
Not really....Thou shalt not Murder.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenH View Post
Thanks be to God there will be no guns in Heaven - and no abortions - no violence of any kind.
Amen to that brother ! Thank you Lord !
"Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
Old 09-28-2009, 05:31 AM
9,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadyjd View Post
??? Is a baby "punishment"????
No, but what about the pregnancy for one so young? Which child's life are we talking about here?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 AM
20,000 Posts Club

I oppose all elective abortion. I do not oppose abortion in cases of endangerment to the life or health of the mother. As much as I feel for a 9yo who is the victim of rape, I cannot condone an abortion in that case unless the 9yo's life or health are endangered.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnv View Post
I cannot condone an abortion in that case unless the 9yo's life or health are endangered.
Can we say " mental health " is considered ?
"Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
Old 09-28-2009, 07:37 AM
25,000 Posts Club

Mental health is a farce. It means if the woman is "stressed" which is an excuse for unfettered abortion.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 AM

By this i was thinking of the delivery, which might be an additionnal trauma for the little girl (sorry, wasn't precise enough :s).
Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 AM
20,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear View Post
Can we say " mental health " is considered ?
IMO, no. I'm referring to endangerment of physical health or life.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:00 AM
3,000 Posts Club

No baby murder, no exceptions.

Tell me, if a kidnapper took your wife, called you on the phone, and proceeded to tell you that in order to save your wife, you will have to kill your five year old daughter, would you do it? Of course not! Taking the life of the baby, then, to save the mother, is morally reprehensible.

Another thing: doctors tell us that in almost every case, with the exception of the very earliest in utero murders, the abortion is more traumatic and dangerous than carrying the baby to term.

Tell me, do we not trust God? Can we not leave the choice of who lives and who dies in His knowing hands? It is WRONG to take human life! How DARE a so called Christian support such a thing!

The Angry Pastor's Blog

ARE YOU A BIBLICAL CHRISTIAN, OR A "FEELING DRIVEN" CHRISTIAN? YOU ARE MOST LIKELY DECEIVED! CLICK HERE> Is There a Traitor Within?

Buy the Book: A Traitor Within
http://www.churchflavor.com
http://www.digitaltheologytv.com

Soli Deo Gloria!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:11 AM
25,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havensdad View Post
No baby murder, no exceptions.

Tell me, if a kidnapper took your wife, called you on the phone, and proceeded to tell you that in order to save your wife, you will have to kill your five year old daughter, would you do it? Of course not! Taking the life of the baby, then, to save the mother, is morally reprehensible.

Another thing: doctors tell us that in almost every case, with the exception of the very earliest in utero murders, the abortion is more traumatic and dangerous than carrying the baby to term.

Tell me, do we not trust God? Can we not leave the choice of who lives and who dies in His knowing hands? It is WRONG to take human life! How DARE a so called Christian support such a thing!
Amen, amen, and amen