1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured should women be ordained?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by LillyoftheValley, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LillyoftheValley

LillyoftheValley New Member

Should women be ordained?

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul taught no....
    1tim2:11-14

3. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And you are right...despite your credalism, and your Catholicism:wavey::thumbsup:

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The scriptures are right 24/7...when we read them correctly...we then know what should be in a biblical creed, a biblical confession, and a good baptist catechism.
    That the Rc church had unbiblical content in the attempts at creeds and cathechisms.....does not do away with a biblically solid one:wavey::wavey:

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Icon, do you also place as much emphasis on the verse 8?

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, see above.

7. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

And despite the :love2: love you and I might have on this post......seriously......no one will care when you post a Catechism, a confession a creed.... I simply am telling you.... no one will read it Icon, they simply wont....We are Baptists.....I promise you, it is immaterial whether what you post is true or not if you are copying or pasting ANYTHING which smacks of it..... few if any will read it... you do have skill at propogating your views. You are more efffective if you utilize none of these to do it..... the average Baptist HATES... I mean really HATES....(rightly or wrongly) that kind of thing............remember the Apostle Paul really was "all things to all people" Baptists.(as a rule) are not reached this way

8. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Not meaning to derail this post, I have a question. Does everyone in here agree that the lack of Godly men has led to women wanting to be ordained into teaching and preaching roles in the church? This is what I feel is happeing today.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You might be correct....in the day and age in which we live that many baptists do despise solid biblical cathechisms and confessions of faith.

That is why biblical ignorance is at an all time high.....we have more bibles now , in more versions than ever before. I have heard many a fundementalist say...I am standing on my bible.......it would be better if they stepped off it,and actually opened it and began to read it.

Many as you say will not obey God...in learning in this way. That being said,as more baptists turn away from todays new age novelties....eventually some discover that the historic confessions had it right for the most part, and the puritans actually read and understood their bibles ..

When you read about a resurgence of the DoG......it is that people who have been wrongly instructed about the evils of "calvinism" as they read their bible...start to see it's truth on every page.....they go to their heirling pastor and ask questions about these issues.....and get such a shallow response from him ...that they know he does not have the answer....
    Then they find a puritan book...or read Spurgeon.....Spurgeon quotes from some puritans....they look up the puritan that was quoted......let's say Gouge...
    They find his writing online...read a bit.....and are stunned with the clarity in which he opens the scriptures.....
    This teaching was basic years ago....but now people are clueless on these topics
    the reason no one responds to these links,,,,is they cannot respond biblically without displaying how foolish and unbiblical their responses are.

10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a nutshell .... no.

I have taught mixed groups in an adults class and spoken to mixed groups three or four times. Each time I was asked to do so by male church leadership. I've never asked to do any of this. When a new pastor came to our church, he asked me not to teach the mixed night class anymore.

I did what he asked. I did what the former one asked and what another pastor asked when asking me to speak as a layperson to his church one Wednesday night.

In all of those handful of occasions, I did as those men in authority asked me to do.

I was never asked to speak (on the handful of occasions that I did at two churches - not during a worship service) or teach that night class because of a lack of quality male leadership.

I don't have a business card nor try to drum up speaking engagements.

I enjoy teaching and was ask to do so and was asked not to do so.

I don't desire to preach, but I do love to teach. When someone in authority asks me to, I do. It's that simple.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Beware folks. Methinks LOV & HOS are one and the same. Don't get too caught up with these two, just my humble advise.

12. mandym

mandym New Member

[snip - inflammatory]

#12 mandym, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
  13. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

This is the absolute best post I have ever read on the BB!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

John

14. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I figured that out this afternoon when he professed to be a "misogynistic jerk" with a wife who enjoys him being a "misogynisitic jerk" and when I said something about their strange attitude - "she" told me to keep my train off of her track! LOL!!

Yeah....something ain't right...:flower:

15. seekingthetruth

Spurgeon, Calvin and your beloved creeds and confessions are not the Bible.

John

16. seekingthetruth

Absolutely not!

but, that is the excuse every "female pastor" I have ever question used.

John

17. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

I freely admitted on her first post that I was her hubby Scarlett... no one is trying to put something past you on the sly..... methinks you isn't the sleuth you thinks you is...... BTW you seem really hung up on my first post...... the
    one...... That was me admitting what might be perhaps a personal weakness, and my attempt at straightforwardness and honesty........... I admit it.. I was self-effacing..... did the Apostle Paul not call himself the "Chief of sinners"? It is my opinion that the closer one is to God... and the more one wants to deal with sin in their lives.... the more AWARE of their weaknesses they are. If it is your intention to "call me out" on this...go ahead.... Heir is a misogynistic jerk... he admints it... and when he becomes fully sanctified he will get past it....Are you personally married to some man that is not aware of it himself? Where does your vitriol come from? Indeed did I not preface the statement you accurately quote with: "As the proud husband of this brilliant woman...." I think you wish that your husband would once refer to you like this...

18. LillyoftheValley

LillyoftheValley New Member

HOS is decidedly my husband. and when we married we became as one, so in a sense you both are right. But I want you to know that I do in fact have a separate birth certificate, social security number... so on and so forth.

I know it might seem strange for a woman to not hate her husband for being a "misogynistic jerk" but as the saying goes.. it takes all kinds to make the world go round

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....but the Jesus that saved them by sovereign grace is in the bible,and they obeyed God's teaching on how to learn about Him....by catechisms

20. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Oh....yes.....Beware folks.... when Lilly...my wife.... has a question she "asks her husband at home" Obviously then.... there is no concievable way that a man might have a wife who often, regularly in fact, agrees with him on numerous theological topics..... Here's the real problem, we also have children, 4 of them, that we intend to rear in the fear and admonition of the Lord, INEXPLICABLY......INEXPLICABLY.....they might possibly adopt some of the views the Spiritual leader of their home teaches.....Your Failure to have a Biblical Christian Home with a Godly Father/Husband/Provider... who teaches and influences the mind of his wife and children is a failure on your part and your part alone...... "As for me and my house..." I am in fact the Priest of my household so kill me then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.