1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Syncretism

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Jun 29, 2012.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bingo. Jeremiah et al are compromising basic principles of the Christian faith by cooperating (an unequal yoke) with idolators.

Double bingo! I'd agree that your examples are syncretism. However, to be more specific, syncretism is technically a belief system that mixes teachings from other belief systems to form a new one. The Bahai religion is a prime example, saying they are following Jesus, Abraham, Muhammed, Moses, Buddha and Zoroaster all at the same time.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Unless I am mistaken Glenn Beck is a Mormon.

Christians hooking up with cultists as a Christian conference is flat wrong. Crouch, TBN, Copeland, and Beck are bad news for Christians. I am not sure about Hagee but he has a thing about Israel!

If they want to talk politics okay!

4. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Aren't we seeing a type of new religion anymore? Mixing of social and political issues with a little bit of gospel. I know 'social gospel' has been around for a while, but this all seems to be a new take on it.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it comes to mixing in the political issues, sounds like Dispensationalism/Christian Zionism to me. Nothing new there.

#25 kyredneck, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  6. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

True. Although it seems to be more than Zionism, etc. anymore. Rather than preach God's word, a growing trend in the "church world" is wrapped up in self help, motivational speeches, laced with bible talk, sporting political issues and the like.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

For many years the "social gospel" was pushed by the so-called liberal churches [Episcopalians and such] and still is. Unfortunately a lot of the more "evangelical" churches are pushing a political/social agenda. In my opinion this is a dangerous trend. I believe it is the duty of a pastor [and perhaps the denominational structure] to speak to moral issues [as does Scripture] but there must be a lot of wisdom exercised and I don't see much wisdom anywhere now days.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If John Hagee is included in the mix, and Kenneth Copeland, the interests of the CUFI war cult is there too.

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that its pretty much what Paul wrote!

that right now we are in the Age of grace, that god has turned mainkly towards the gentiles to be saved, but that hewill turn back to dealing with national isreal in end times after the last of the gentiles are saved and in, fulness of the gentiles, than He will go back to isreal, to complete missing 7 weeks of daniel, and than all livng isrealites of that time shall indeed be saved!

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think wof/proseperity/possitive confession are ALL part of satan masqurading as an Angel of light, and getting Zhis false doctrinesinto churches, basically denying God and making us "little gods", same lie Adam and Eve bought!

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; then they that are Christ`s, at his coming.
    24 Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power. 1 Cor 15

12. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

All of this merry gaggle are birds of a feather. That said, why would anyone consider it a bad thing for people of like mind on an issue to work together for the furtherance of such?