1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Gaza Strip: Largest Prison in the World

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by asterisktom, Jul 27, 2014.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And many Christians are quite OK with that.

Our cowardly congress as well as many politically clueless Christians continues to fuel this horrible ordeal that Gazan civilians have to endure. Neo-con ideology and misguided eschatology have beaten plowshares into weapons of indiscriminate destruction.

http://consortiumnews.com/2014/07/25/us-complicity-in-israels-crimes/

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gaza is what it is because Israel needs to protect itself. When the arabs in Gaza decide to stop trying to run the jews into the sea it will change. Ignoring the agenda and attacks on Israel is not "OK".

3. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you really serious? Who is trying to run whom in the sea?

Is it possible - just possible - that not all arabs are these cartoon characters that you imagine? That many of them are ordinary people who just want to live and let live? They are not all Hamas, you know.

Many Christians today need to seriously heed their Lord's admonition when the Sons of Thunder wanted to call down fire (and maybe missiles if they had them) on the villages of the enemy. Christ said that they did not what spirit they were of.

This turning a blind eye, or actually approving as a matter of expedience the slaughter of innocent civilians, is not the Spirit of Christ. It is a different spirit altogether.

That good man Abner, though he was an adversary to King David, said "Shall the sword devour forever?" If we cannot have any Davids in Israel (Netanyahu certainly isn't one) maybe we can at least have some Abners, sensible men on both sides who will not let their humanity - not to mention Christianity! - be swallowed up by politics.

#3 asterisktom, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a native of ....

The mid-west, or a transplant. I have not met many liberals in this part of the country....

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to ....

The central American's flooding our borders they live in a prison too?

6. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My father is from Oklahoma. My mother is German. I have lived all over. Maybe that is what makes me seem liberal to you. I am actually libertarian. I would have voted for Ron Paul if the powers that be would have let him run. (But that is another thread).

I used to be very conservative BTW.

7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do those two even compare?

The Palestinians are cooped up in a narrow strip of land, always in danger of being trageted. Even their old occasional escape route into Egypt has been closed due to Israel's pressure on Egypt. Their houses are often ransacked and bulldozed. They are treated like second-class non-citizens in the fringes of the land where they used to live.

If I am a liberal for not believing the mantra "Israel is always right" then so be it.

#7 asterisktom, Jul 27, 2014
  8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's take a look at the Hamas Charter:

http://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm

9. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Palestinians is a misnomer. There is no such thing as Palestinians.

Second, the arabs in Gaza elected Hamas. So yes they are one and the same. If Hamas would stop hiding maong civilians and shooting rockets at Israel they would not be dying.

11. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh please. I know. It is a misnomer. Lets be callous toward the deaths of innocent civilians because they happen to be mis-monickered.
    Yes, and the Americans elected Obama. Your point?
    ... to those who get their education from FOX News maybe.
    Evil acts - assuming this is even fact - do not justify even more evil acts of slaughter of civilians in the hundreds. Would you still hold this rationale if this all happened in America?

#11 asterisktom, Jul 27, 2014
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One has nothing to do with the other.

You cannot separate out the people of Gaza as if they are innocent in this manner when they elected Hamas knowing who they are and what they wanted. That means the people that voted for them want the same thing.

Childish

Well you can ignore facts if you want but when someone bombs another then theose who are bombing need to be stopped. What Israel is doing is both moral and just.

#12 Revmitchell, Jul 27, 2014
  13. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kyredneck, those whom people are determined to hate they must first dehumanize. This is similar to that one Jewish politician (or prominent rabbi, I forget) who said that Palestinians are not even human.

15. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    By this logic everything that Obama is doing is OK with you because you "want the same thing". Since you "elected" Obama the same way they "elected" Hamas.
    My wife agrees with you on that. She is usually a good judge. So, yes, you are right. i should leave FOX News out of this.
    Now this is truly disturbing. Truly sad that a human being, let alone a child of God, should say this.

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

In your considerations, have you wondered why the Gaza-Egyptian border is shut off? Why has it been Israel supplying food, medical care, jobs, that has set Gaza up with water filtration methods and the means to live healthy and happy? What has Gaza done with this, and with any of the millions upon millions of dollars supplied to them from various sources?
    Who goes in and repairs their electric? How much do they PAY for electric and who supplies it?
    They could be a beautiful, peaceful city by the sea with much profit. They choose - umm, what is the Hebrew word for violence?

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the horse's mouth:

Israeli columnist: Media dehumanizes Palestinians

"Senior Haaretz writer Gideon Levy claims Israeli 'occupation' is 'tyranny' that won't last forever, says settlements are crimes, slams media for legitimizing attacks against Palestinians

....Levy slammed the Israeli media, saying that its slanted reportage attempts to legitimize crimes against the Palestinians. Levy accused the media of pushing the army to act against Palestinians; He said that the news outlets presented Operation Cast Lead as a war, even though there was barely any resistance on the Palestinian side; for every Israeli that died in the operation, he said, there were at least 100 Palestinians.

"The Israeli media is dehumanizing the Palestinians systematically year after year, decade after decade and that is, in my view, the best explanation to this unusual phenomena in which the Israelis... live so much in peace with themselves," he explained.

He went as far as saying that an Israeli "propaganda machine" undermines any anti-Israel opinion. The few groups that dare to take a stand against the occupation by holding rallies and refusing to serve in the army are delegitimized.

According to Levy, this phenomenon has lead to a situation in which "five million Israelis are deeply convinced today that they are right and seven billion people of the world are wrong"...."

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Oh boy, didn't you know libertarians are of the devil? They're even worse than liberals because they don't believe in wielding total control over everyone else's lives like the republicans and democrats.

In this day and age if you aren't an authoritarian of either stripe you're of the devil!

Word of advice from a long time BBer Tom, you need to learn to follow the mainstream consensus (worldly mindset) like almost everyone else here or you won't be allowed to join the ranks of Christ's commandos.

#18 poncho, Jul 27, 2014
  19. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't care less what the ilk of Revmitchell or Carpro have to say in their hateful smears, their slanderous protests only indicates that I've 'hit a nerve' and reinforces me to keep going.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Better watch out or the mods will punish you for not being nice to the resident neocon hypocrites and name callers. Just sayin.

#20 poncho, Jul 27, 2014