1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Jun 6, 2006.

?
  1. Dallas

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Miami

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Don't Care

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

:smilewinkgrin: :rolleyes:

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Tim, glad to have you back around the board. It just isn't the same without ya.

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I'm readng that as "not as entertaining" around here.

I couldn't get on, forgot my password. Cancel my account with AOL wich I got through work for 3 dollars a month and couldnt get anyone to contact me to help me get my password till just recently. I have an account with comcast but my wife "Scrapper" on here used MY email so I had to write and ask them to sent it to that email. Its a mess. Anyways been reading and biting my lip alot. Just as well I couldn't get on I think.
    By they way, went to the Indy 500 couple of weeks ago for the first time. Box seats right near the starting line. What a adreniliene rush. Cars going so fast you can't see'em. Got to meet the drivers and what a race. I am sure you watched it or at least know what a great finish is was. I am not crazy about racing but it was fun and everyone should go at least once. I see why racing is the number one sport. What other sport has seating for 500.000 or so people. And really most people are there just for partying.

4. PastorSBC1303

Great game by Wade tonight leading the Heat to a big comeback win.

Tim, I am jealous. I would love to be able to attend an Indy 500

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

What a choke job by may mavs! I could not believe that after Wade had 5 fouls that the mavs didnt run plays right at him. Wade is a great player in the making - he may be already there!

How ironic is this - shaq makes two pressure free thows and dirk misses one!

I was very dissapointed that the mavs slowed the ball down and did not attack the rim in the fourth quarter when they had the heat on the ropes.

The series is on again- should get interesting. I dont see the heat winning three in a row, which I think they have to do to have a chance at winning it all, but stranger things have happened. If the Mavs cant defense Wade any better than they did last night they will deserve to lose.

Tim, come on down to texas for a race at the texas motor speedway - we will have a great time together. I have always wanted to attend a race at indy, about 15 or so years ago my brother went to qualifying at indy and couldnt stop talking about it.

6. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I agree Jimmy, the Mavs did not show up too play. They beat the heat so evenhandly, the first two games, that I would have bet a sweep was in the works. I still don't see any way that the Mavs can lose. Well unless they wind up with and , ahem, a, err, extra man on the court.

I have a brother in law down in Texas, maybe someday we could do that. I have to admitt with all them horses screaming all over the place my adreninlene was flowing and I was a grunt'en! it really takes a system to watch the race too cause when they came down the strecht at 240-250 miles an hour your cranking that neck as fast as you can just to catch the colors so you can match them with the drivers. And that little lady that raced, how in the world could she have the stamina to drive those cars. I think she is 5-1 and very petite. I was amazed. She ran a great race and would have finished 4th or 5th if she hadn't of went in for her last pit stop right before a yellow flag.

I now return you all to our regular schedule posting for this area.

Go Mavs!

#66 Timtoolman, Jun 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2006
  7. Convicted by the Spirit

Their are probably 4 or 5 guys in the league that could hold D.Wade to 20 points in a game of this magnatude and none of them were on the Mavs team last night. Just plain and simple D.Wade can't beat you by himself so don't focus on stopping him focus on the role players who are wide open ... Payton, Williams ... and shut them down. But I tell you the guy had five fouls I would run every play at the guy until he fouled out. I found the Mavs played decent until about 6 minutes to go and then they said "ha we have the this game won." A.Walker is the key guy for the Heat, he has been scoring at will verus the Mavs. I would be running a lot more plays through him if I were Riley.

the heat won last night, but Dallas has played way better thus far. Miami is just over matched. I look for Dallas to wrap it up Sunday. that is unless Wade can pull together a legend type game like last night.

8. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Convicted - I disagree to a point on two comments - D Wade is the type of player that is unstoppable at times - ask detroit! He was great last night, especially in the 4th

Around here we call A Walker a volume shooter (he played for dallas for a year so we got to see more of his act than we wanted to!)- he gets his points but he has to shoot a ton of shots to get them. I dont see him as a key for Miami.

Josh Howard did make a critical mistake last night - when he left his feet to fly at payton, it allowed payton to move 5-7 feet closer to the basket. Wade had double clutched and time was running out on the shot clock - if howard would have stayed down, payton would not have been able to get his shot off - but that is part of basketball. There is always next game

GO MAVS

9. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Great Game

Great game last night. At least it is a series again.

Did anyone see Wade's comments after the game? He just kept saying "God is good" throughout the interview. Very good article about him in Sports Illustrated. Even you Mavs fans might enjoy it. He seems to be very grounded -- plus, he still gives 10% to his home church in Chicago.

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

No worries...the Mavs have it.:cool: :cool:

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

What will he say after the series though!:thumbs: :laugh:

No thats good I guess. He hated the Pistons. Don't know if it was cause they beat them last year or they passed on him in the draft. Which if the later is the case I would think that his playing has already put mud in Dumar's face. He's a good kid hopefully he will have the grace and presents that MJ had.

12. PastorSBC1303

You have to think the Pistons are kicking themselves for the Darko pick in that draft. They could have had Dwayne Wade or Carmello Anthony.

13. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

We are now officially on triple suicide watch

14. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Remember last year, S.A. lost two games in a row at The Palace, Spurs lost about 30 points in the Game 4. Then, next game, Spurs bounced back and won in O.T.

Mavs lost 24 points to Heats last night. I am expecting Mavs will be bounce back and will be very tight game in the Game 5 this Sunday. Wait and see.

15. PastorSBC1303

I still expect the Mavs to win the series. I think if Miami is going to win this series they have to win this next game at home. There is no way they go into Dallas and win 2 in a row.

16. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Game 5 will be interesting and may be the determining factor. Whoever wins #5 will be in the driver's seat. Since Miami has the last two on the road, it is - of course - more important for them.

Personally, I don't think you can take too much to heart over a single game -- win or lose. Each game has a personality all its own. I fully expect the Mavs to come out hard for game 5. In fact, I expect game 5 to be the best of the series so far.

Question: what will happen to Stackhouse? The committee is supposed to rule today.

Interesting article on Yahoo Sports by Dan Weitzel.

17. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Stackhouse is out game 5 due to the flagrant foul. Can Dallas win without him?

18. PastorSBC1303

I think the ruling on Stackhouse is ridiculous.

19. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Why do you think so? Isn't it in line with the way these kinds of things have been handled throughout the regular season and playoffs? I haven't followed the playoffs as closely this season, but wasn't there another guy suspended for a game in this year's playoffs for the same kind of thing Stackhouse did?

20. PastorSBC1303

It maybe consistent wtih the way they have handled things all year, I just think its dumb. It was a hard foul. Hard fouls are a part of basketball. It is not like Stackhouse was trying to intentionally injure Shaq. The Mavs should not have to play without one of their better players because of a hard foul.