1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Revival

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by El_Guero, Sep 18, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I was reading again in the thread about the pastor forging his academic career (or at least a major lack of integrity). Revival is what we need. We as pastor/leaders need revival.

I pray that the Lord will bring revival to His people - even if He has to by pass me.

2. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

I'll join with you in prayer on that.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Thank you.

4. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

You are so right El_Guero! I think we should all pray for our pastors and church leaders in this manner. I certainly pray for my husband that he can experience personal revival!

Our visitation efforts this past Saturday certainly brought personal revival to our hearts when we saw the results on Sunday. We had a record attendance and had 8 souls saved in the morning service!!!

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Praise God for His faithfulness!

6. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Us Baptists seem pretty good at setting dates aside for "revival" services. We have done the same - 9/24-27. I know that we'll have good meetings - we always do. But I'm praying more than ever for something other than meetings as usual. I'm praying that God will do something unexpected, something miraculous, something only He can do. I'm praying that real revival will break out this time. I'm longing for something more than a series of good meetings. My soul hungers for revival!

7. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

That should be the prayer for all of us. Imagine God bringing another great awakening to our land in this day...wow!

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I see nowhere in the Bible where revival is the answer. Obedience is the answer.

God did take care of a problem in the early church with Ananias and Sapphira.

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Really? I see that everywhere that God's people turn to Him and He blesses them there is spiritual revival.

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Brother,

I was praying for you and your church and I continue to pray that revival will break out there and around our country.

In Christ,

Wayne

11. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

SBC Preacher, I'm with you. I vote we don't call any preaching meeting we have a revival until and unless it happens. I'll take it a step further. Let's don't schedule any meetings at all.

If the mindset is that we're going to schedule a revival, but we won't call it that, it's the same old thing dressed up in new clothes.

In fact, instead of praying in advance of these meetings, why won't we pray that God will pour our His Spirit on us the very next time we meet.

SBC Preacher, I'm also tired of having "revivals" that aren't.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

CE Matthews said it best. Or maybe John Rice, or Spurgeon. Maybe Mordecai Hamm . . . Torrey?

;) Oh, it was that professor . . . "Son, it is easier to give birth than it is to raise the dead".

Matthews woulda said, "You cannot have a revival without prayer." Sould have Rice, Spurgeon, Hamm, and Torrey - Me thinks.

:saint:

Let's schedule some revivals and pray they happen . . .

13. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom,

I'm confused (it's not a new thing!). Are you saying that we shouldn't ever try; that we shouldn't schedule, pray for, and do all we can to have real revival? As much as I long for real revival, I'm not going to give up just because I haven't seen it yet. We're still going to sechdule 'em, and pray that God will send us revival, revival that lasts.

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Or as Gypsy Smith once replied when a lady said that she did not believe in revivals, "No, Maddam; the Devil doesn't either."

15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Amen, Brother!

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Lord God,

Today, Your people need revival.

Your leaders need revival.

Your Church needs revival.

Your Church needs men that will draw near to a Holy God and remove the sin of this world as they draw near. Lord God, the level of sin in this world is getting worse. Please bring us the winds of Your revival one more time. Please.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I am still praying for revival.

18. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Sorry, Preacher, I haven't checked this thread in a while. Forgive the delay in replying.

You can schedule 'em, just don't call 'em revivals until they are.

If you long for real revival, what's wrong with earnestly praying that it'll happen next Sunday? And the Sunday after that, and on and on? Why do we pray that God will send revival in the spring and the fall, but not tomorrow? Why can't God send revival under your preaching instead of an evangelist three months from now?

I agree with you that we should pray that God will send us revival that lasts. I think it's instructive that the way we Baptists do revivals requires us to do it over and over again, because it doesn't last.

When God pours out his Spirit on us, we'll have revival. And we'll know the difference between it and the worked-up kind.

19. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

What does this have to do with revival and why is it posted in the Pastoral ministries forum?

Your views are frequently debated in the debate forums. You might enjoy it!

20. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

And why is christlifter spamming the fora with these lengthy articles?