1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can Your Pet Predict Natural Disasters?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Mar 30, 2014.

?
  1. Yes ...

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No ....

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to tell you that on Wednesday evening, our earthquake predicting dog, let my wife and I know that something bigger than normal was on it's way!

Normally she will sit in bed at night and stare at us, and when she does, we know that something, somewhere is going to be shaking! But when the quake is going to be in this local area, she actually comes over to where I have my PC, and crawls under the desk! She did this the other night and stayed there for three hours.

There was one time that she was riding in the backseat of the car, and began to scratch wildly at the window, and sure enough, when we got home later that evening, there had been a quake in out local area!

So, do you have a pet that is giving signs to warn you of impending natural disasters? And if you have a pet that does this, please tell us what kind of pet it is and what they do.

God bless you, and thank God for man's best friend!

2. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. Not that I'm aware of.

I had a GSD that was afraid of thunder storms. You could always tell when a storm was on it's way because she'd start panting heavily and hide somewhere, as close to me as she could. I was a kid at the time, and I had a huge dollhouse. One time a storm was on it's way and she climbed her way into the dollhouse while I was playing with it and no matter how many times I made her get out she got right back in.
    Thunder storm is hardly a natural disaster, though.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well,

Mine does predict quakes! I just wish I'd know when and where. I kind of know when they are going to be close, because she will do what she did last week and that is crawl under the desk.

As for thunder storms, my kiddo just freaks. But, I'll give kudos to that Thundershirt they sell. That thing works, and the trepidation she normally gets with thunder, does not appear when we put the thundershirt on! In case anyone wondered!

thanks for sharing QD.... :wavey:

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my home, my pets caused natural disasters. :eek:

Rob

5. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had an Australian Shepherd who was 17 when he died. Carpenters had been in and out of the house for days remodeling a bathroom. One of the men asked, "When did you get the dog?" Apparently Benny did not think people walking in and out of the house was worth his time to get off the couch. I doubt an earthquake would have sparked any response.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was just paying ya back for naming him Benny. :smilewinkgrin:

7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the years I lived in Alabama, where tornados were common, I never heard a peep out of any of our animals.

I live in Maryland now, and about three years ago, we had an Earthquake. I was out in one of the fields with my dog and, all of a sudden, he dropped down on his belly and spread his legs out and hugged the ground like he was trying to hold on to it. I didn't even know there was an Earthquake. Something spooked him and I didn't know what it was, so I got down on my knee to try to calm him, but he was really panicked.

It wasn't until I got back to the house and my wife showed me where things had been knocked off the wall that I even knew we'd had an Earthquake.

We had some Amish friends over for supper that night and they said they'd been working out in their garden and didn't know there was an Earthquake, either. Evidently, we were the only ones because it's all anybody else talked about for a week.

But, yeah, Wiley definitely did know something was going on. Ironically, my wife said that none of the horses reacted, which is strange, because they're supposed to be the first ones to notice those things.

8. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2004 Christmas tsunami elephants were running for higher ground BEFORE it got close to land. I wonder if it was an instinct that goes back to the Ark.

9. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

My pets haven't predicted anything yet, but my dog is amazingly adept at reading my emotional state. If I am having a hard day because of PTSD, Rusty won't leave me alone. He'll lie as close to me as he possibly can until I feel better.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm the earthquake and storm predictor. The dog, extremely smart as she is in other ways, has to be warned and protected by us from natural concerns. And glass door, which she face plants in if she isn't warned, in her excitement to get outside. If we're sick, she just senses our weakness to guard the treats. LOL We love her goofy little doggie face anyhow.
    Oh, but squirrels. We're SAFE. Even if we're indoors, she alerts. I thought death was at the door before, opened it to see what she what terrible thing had her warning me so, slammed it open ready to go and there it was. Cute little squirrel. Learned my lesson with this dog! (she's a rescue, had to learn)

11. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not natural disasters but he predicts precisely when I will get up to take him out or feed him - he tells me when it is time and will not leave me alone till I fulfill his prediction :)

12. thisnumbersdisconnected

All my pets can predict is when their next poop is coming ... I know this because the cat demands to be let out, and the dog let's himself out (levered door handles, pet door in the garage, you figure it out).