1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Both My sons Now water Baptized!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Experienced past weekend our youngest being dunked into the tank, so glad both now have made a profession of faith in Christ, and both now baptized!

Both were 14 years of age...

What age were some of your children whne they made the plunge?

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mine chose not to follow the Lord .... as of this date, but may I congratulate the proud parents!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just keep on praying and taking them before the Lord, as salvation is of the Lord himself!

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, My son killed himself in 1999, and my daughter is a very militant, die hard lesbian! I take her to the Lord all the time, and that will be until I leave!

This sad tale is the result of my wife deciding she didn't want to be married to a pastor any longer, taking the kids to Texas, and keeping me from being in his or her life as often as possible!

To say it was bitter, does not capture it. It was ugly, and along the way, the children suffered and the results are in what has happened! It breaks my heart. They were 4 and 5 when the marriage ended, and after the boyfriend was turned in by me, for saying to my daughter and ex that when she turned ten, he would love to have se& with here. My ex did nothing; so I did, and in turn the wisdom of the DSS allowed her to leave the state rather than hit her with charges for aiding and abetting a potential abuser. I wanted the kids back, but it never worked out, legally. Then bouncing around with several men, my ex placed the kids in one bad situation after another. In fact, she hated me so much, she failed to tell me of my sin's suicide for nearly two months.

Life hasn't been easy, and the children of divorce always get the worse of it!

So, all I have is prayer. And I have tons of people praying for her along with me!

Again, I rejoice in your happiness. That is a blessing. BTW - my parents came to Jesus ate in life, and I witnessed their baptism at the ABC Baptist church they found Jesus at! I think I understand your joy! :thumbs:

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to see that your son passed away, but the good newws on your daughter is the Lord can and does save any sinner, regardless of what those sin issues might be!

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord for His work in your kids lives. I would have commented on this sooner but we're on the road right now and don't always have Internet.

I baptized my boy when he was six, I believe, in a home-made baptistery in our home with our church people there. I baptized four or five folk in that thing, I believe.

Tomorrow we will arrive at the college where I'll be teaching, and our son will arrive the next day. God willing we'll teach together for years to come!