1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured He shall save His People from their Sins !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Mar 1, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

It could not be stated any clearer or plainer in this verse informing us whom Christ came to and shall save from their sins , by His Redeeming and Saving Death, its the World of His People !

Realize His People are particulars and the word world means , the greek word kosmos :

VIII.any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

The word aggregate means:

formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: assemblage of particulars

A assemblage :

a number of things or persons assembled together; collection; assembly

Now what is Christ's Church ? Its the word ekklēsia and means:

I.
    a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly
    A.
    an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating

B.
    the assembly of the Israelites

C.
    any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously

D.
    in a Christian sense
    i.
    an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting

ii.
    a company of Christian, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake

iii.
    those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body

iv.
    the whole body of Christians scattered throughout the earth

v.
    the assembly of faithful Christians already dead and received into heaven

This enlightens us on How the Church is the World that Christ Loved Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Understand, the Church is the World of His People Matt 1:21 that He shall save from their sins.

Now, His People in Matt 1:21, are they ethnic jews ? Absolutely NOT ! His People are clearly defined here as those He foreknew Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

Thats an clarification of who His People are that we would be wise not to overlook !

Now this word foreknow is the greek proginōskō made up of Two Gk words , the prep pro meaning:

I.before, and the greek word ginōskō and means:

Its an knowing of intimacy and affection as it is when He says He knows His Sheep Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Loved them because He laid down His Life for them Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

In its simplest definition foreknow means to know beforehand !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 2

In its simplest definition foreknow means to know beforehand !

Now we know that all men without exception are not those which belong to those He knew beforehand, simply because He shall shall say to many in that Day of Judgment this Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

So how could they be of these Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

The same word for knew is used here as in Matt 7:23, its the word ginōskō.

Now if Jesus says He NEVER [NOT AT ANY TIME] KNEW THEM then its obvious they could not have been any He came to save Matt 1:21 !

Neither were all ethnic jews of His Foreknown People, His People which is obvious from Rom 11:2 and also from Jn 10:14 where it is written Jn 10:14

14 I am the good shepherd, and know[ginōskō] my sheep, and am known of mine.

Jesus knew His Sheep, but yet speaking to ethnic jews of national israel here, He emphatically stattes to unbelieving ethnic jews Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep[That He foreknew Vs 14], as I said unto you.

Which stands to reason they are of those Jesus spake of here Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you[as My Sheep Vs 14 and those I foreknew Rom 11:2]: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Therefore they could not have been His People that He was promised to save Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people[He foreknew Rom 11:2] from their sins.

To foreknow simply means that He knew them beforehand as His Sheep or People Ps 100:3

3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

It has nothing to do with ethnicity, the flesh profits nothing, it had nothing to do with His Omniscience, for in that sense He knows everyone even those That He never foreknew !50

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 3

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Its not a doubt that Jesus here shall save His People from their sins ! In doing He does the following Ezk 36:24-29

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

He finds His People like this, dead in sin Ezk 16:6,8-9

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

9 Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.

This is basically what Paul writes in the New Testament Eph 2:4-5

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

Titus 3:5-6

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He calls sinners to repentance !

Matt 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

This Call is part of His Saving His People from their sins. One of the features of How Christ saves a sinner is Calling them to repentance, which Call is not Just a call but the call effects or produces Repentance. Now this is something religionist will not understand or acknowledge, However Jesus actually Calls sinners into repentance. Remember Paul on the Damascus Road, Christ called him, this calling of Paul then produced in him a change of mind Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Read the account in Acts 9:1-6 and see how at Paul's call by Christ, that he was given a change of mind about Christ !

The textus receptus translates Matt 9:13

πορευθέντες δὲ μάθετε τί ἐστιν Ἕλεον θέλω καὶ οὐ θυσίαν οὐ γὰρ ἦλθον καλέσαι δικαίους ἀλλ᾽ ἁμαρτωλοὺς εἰς μετάνοιαν

Now Christ is saying, that He did not come to call the Righteous, but rather He did come to call sinners to repentance, or a change of Mind, thats what repentance is. Now the word to eis is a prep that means:

I.into, unto, to, towards, for, among

And its primary is "entrance into " as entering into a place ! Jesus calls sinners, sinners that He calls, into repentance, for He as their Saviour gives it to them at the same time Acts 5:31; 11:18

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Understand, the giving or granting of repentance actually produces repentance, it results in repentance !

Religionists believe that Jesus merely gives all men a chance to repent, or that His call merely provides an opportunity to repent only if we would take heed and comply with the call, but that is not Christ calling or giving repentance. As their Sheperd He goes out and finds each Lost Sheep and gives it a change of mind or repentance, again lets look at Lk 15:4-7

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Notice the culminating result of the activity of the Sheperd, He finds the Lost sinner sheep, puts it on His shoulders, because He found His Lost sinner sheep, and Vs 7 expalins that it was this success of the Shepherd finding the lost sinner sheep that it can be said " one sinner that repenteth "

By the activity of the Shepehrd the sinner sheep was called into repentance. Jesus alludes to this also in Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Thats the calling and giving a sinner to repentance ! The same word call in Matt 9:13 kaleō is the same exact word John uses in Jn 10:3

To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

The Leading them out is the giving them repentance !

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 4

If you believe in this Jesus, then you must believe that He came to save only One People from their sins, His People !

Here is His People Ps 148:14

He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.

Thats His People, the Children of Israel, no others are His People, none other are a People near unto Him !

None other has the Promise to be saved in the Lord with an Everlasting Salvation Isa 45:17

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

And Matt 1:21 answers and corresponds to that Promise !

The question is, just who is this Israel ? Or that Children of Israel of Ps 148:14 ?

Now many in mans religion believe that Israel here, His People, are the ethnic jews, but thats not who is meant by Israel. The Israel here is also called Saints Ps 148:14

He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the Lord.

Thats the Children of Israel which is being spoken of, the Saints !

That israel which is comprised of mere the physical descendants of Abraham, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

They are not His People, nor His Saints, nor near to Him !

No the Children of Israel that is spoken of are the Saints Chosen in Christ from before the foundation of the World ! Paul writes to them Eph 1:1,4

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The word Chosen is in the aorist middle, which means He chose them for Himself, so they are near to Him !

They are His Inheritance the Saints Eph 1:18

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And instead of this Children of Israel being the natural physical descendants of Abraham, its a Spiritual People Chosen out of every Kindred, Tongue and Nation, redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb Lk 1:68

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Deut 33:29

29 Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 5

Thats the promise of scripture pertaining to the Jesus of scripture. Now the religious world, who knows not God or this Jesus Christ whom He has sent Jn 17:3, they do not believe this promise, for they deceitfully tell us, that those He came to save, that their Saving was only made possible, and that its not a sure thing as the word SHALL would have us to believe !

That word Shall means Indeed ! It also puts the word save in the future indicative, which means:

That He shall save His People from their sins is a Fact ! See Christ came to and did provide them [His People] with complete deliverance from the curse of the Law Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

He delivered them from their condemnation from sin incurred Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

He saved them from this present evil world, all according to the will of God Gal 1:4

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:62

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 5b

This means deliverance from the satanic system that governs this world, even its religions, for remember Paul of believers that they once Eph 2:2

Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

But Glory to God, Christ saves His People out of that sinful worldly walk or course.

The word deliver in Gal 1:4 is the greek word exaireō and means:

I.to pluck out, draw out, i.e. root out

II.to choose out (for one's self), select, one person from many

III.to rescue, deliver

Even the idea of Election is present, To select one or some from the many ! To rescue, to cause to be rescued Acts 7:34

34 I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

Those Christ gave Himself for, they are rescued, delivered, plucked out of this evil world, which is what was Promised in Matt 1:21 !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He shall save His People from their Sins ! 6

Now who are the " HIS PEOPLE " in this text, that its promised to and of them, That JESUS Shall Save them from their sins ?

Now multitudes of deceived humanity would have us believe that these refer to ethni jews of national israel, that is Abraham's physical descendants according to the flesh, but that is a lie, for theyare not the Children of God Rom 9:8

8 That is, They[national israel of Rom 9:6] which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

The israel comprised of the physical descendants of Abraham over in the middle east are no more the Children of God as the Africans in Nigeria are, or the Orientals or Indians, or the Russians, In fact none can claim to be His People based upon the flesh/ethnicity, for that would be God showing respect of Persons, but they are His People by being His Possessions, He has been given them as His Own Possession.

Remember when Jesus said of His Other Sheep this Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word have here is very enlightening, its the greek word echó:

I have, hold, possess. to have as belonging to one; have as property; own:

They are His Inheritance, look at Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

This Promise is linked to the Resurrection of Christ, Vs 7 indicates that by the words " Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

Cp Acts 13:33

33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Those Heathen are given to Him as His Inheritance, His People, They are the same He says of in Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Yes these given in Jn 6:37 are those given from Ps 2:8, and these heathen are more than less describing men by nature, all the Sheep are by nature enemies and foes, even barbarians, strangers to the True God and His True Religion and Worship, and it can apply to both jew and Gentile by nature !

John Gill writes of Ps 2:8

Thats why His People in Matt 1:21 does include Gentiles, Gentiles Given Him as His Possession according to Ps 2:8 and Jn 10:16 !

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He shall see His Seed !

Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

This His Seed is a Seed that Belongs to Christ, Yes Christ has a Seed or offspring, descendants, children and they are those Chosen in Him before the foundation Eph 1:4; They were given to Him as a Spiritual Seed, just as they were given to adam as a physical, natural seed; and they were Christ's Seed prior to being Adam's, for Christ has the preeminence in all things Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Now as His Seed, they shall have the Spirit poured out upon them as the fulfillment of this Promise Isa 44:1-3

Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:

2 Thus saith the Lord that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen.

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This is why Christ at His Resurrection and Ascension to the Right Hand of God, He was given the Spirit of Promise to pour upon His Spiritual Offspring that He died for Acts 2:30-33

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Paul realizes this here Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

That word shed also means to pour ekcheo:

I pour out (liquid or solid); I shed, bestow liberally.

Thats what Isa 44:3 foretold

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This Pouring of the Spirit on them also saves them Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

So in order for Matt 1:21 to be complete, to save His People from their sins, this aspect of must also some to pass, the Regenerating Operations of the Spirit must also save them through the Work of Christ ! He saves His People, Seed from their sins !65

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

His People are His Portion !

Again, who are His People that its Promised He shall save from their sins ? Many ignorantly think it to be the jews, the physical seed of Abraham, yet that is a delusion, however they are His Portion:

Deut 32:9

For the Lord's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Thats who Jesus People are, His Portion, His Inheritance !

hence portion, i.e. (acquired) possession:

David writes of these here Ps 2:7-8

7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

They are the Church Redeemed Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar is the greek word periousios:

costly, treasured, select, specially chosen.

of one's own possession

that which is one's own, belongs to one's possessions,

a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession, Titus 2:14

Thats the same as Deut 32:9 ! Its the Church ! Thats the " His People He shall save from their sins " or Redeem from all iniquity Titus 2:14, thats the same thing !

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The consequences of their sins !

Within the Promise that Jesus shall save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

That word from the prep apo means:

from, away from.

of any kind of separation of one thing from another by which the union or fellowship of the two is destroyed;

Christ shall and did save His People from all the penal consequences of their sins. This would include but not limited to spiritual death, which is a consequence of their sins !

God warned Man in Adam that in the day that he ate from the forbidden Tree, that he would surely die Gen 2:16-17

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

This brought about also spiritual death to God, whereby all men as a consequence of sin are born alienated from the Life of God, thats death , spiritual seperation from God Eph 4:18; Col 1:21, and so for Jesus to be faithful to what it is stated He shall do for His People in saving them from their sins, He must save them from all the negative consequences of their sin/sins which includes spiritual death, they must be made alive by Him 1 Cor 15:45

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

That word quickening the verb ζῳοποιέω:

I make that which was dead to live, cause to live, quicken.

So its translated appropriately

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.ASV

He causes them that were spiritually dead to God, to live to God, hence reversing the dreadful consequences of their sins, spiritual death ! If that does not occur for each and everyone Christ died for, then we may conclude that Matt 1:21 is a False Testimony to what Christ shall do !

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

His People is His Church that He came to redeem !

Ps 111:9

He sent redemption/liberation unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

The same is stated of the NT Church Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem/liberate us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people of His Own Possession, zealous of good works.

Which again speaks of the Church that He gave Himself for Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

God sends redemption unto His People the Church foundationed upon the Everlasting Covenant confirmed in Christ its Surety, so His People are redeemed by the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant Heb 13:20, known also as the New Covenant Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many[My People] for the remission of sins.80

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I Pray not for the World, but for them you given me !

Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

This is a strange prayer of the Lord, if indeed He died for all men without exception, and having Loved them Jn 3:16 and having their eternal interest for the good at Heart. The Lord Jesus Christ as Mediator 1 Tim 2:5 prayed only for those given Him [in election] His Sheep, as He said earlier that they were given Him Jn 10:26-29

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Notice the statement in Vs 29 "My Father, which gave them me"

The word gave here, the greek word didomi is the very same word given in Jn 17:9, both times it refers to God's Elect or Sheep, or Church, and quite frankly they are the only ones He prays and intercedes for.

Now He prays for those that were believing at the Time of His Ministry, and for the Ones who shall believe on Him in the future Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

hence it is scripturally reasonable to state that He died only for Believers, and those who shall believe, now if they never believe, its because they were never of that Sheep World of His that He died for and prayed for Jn 10:26

I never knew you, nor died for you or prayed for you if you are not of that Sheepfold the Father gave me !

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Why sinners will die in their sins in unbelief !

Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

The reason why those who never believe die in their sins is because #1 They believed not because they were not of Christ's Sheep Jn 10:26

That scripture tells us why mean dont believe, they are not Christ's Sheep or God's Elect !

#2. Their sins they die in, they had neever been laid to the charge of Christ, in order for Him as their Surety Shepherd, to die for. Gods Justice smites the Shepherd Zech 13:7

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

In order for them in Jn 8:24 to die in their sins, God must still charge them with them, instead of charging Christ the Shepherd of the Sheep, because God is not Unjust to charge them on Christ as He did stated Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Notice, He laid the iniquity of them who were as Sheep upon Christ !

And so He could not have laid them upon Him and then turn around and charge or lay them on those indicated in Jn 8:24 !

So its not even remotely possible, without Impugning God's Righteousness in Justice, so that those who die in their sins, had already had them died for in Christ their Surety ! Hence the only just conclusion is that those in Jn 8:24 were not of His Sheep as He later says in Jn 10:26, and so He was not smitten for them as their Shepherd Zech 13:7 and thats why they did not believe in Him !

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I Pray not for the World, but for them you given me ! 2

A reason why Christ prayed not for the World of Jn 17:9 is because they in it were not given to Him by the Father as the others were who do and shall believe on Him. Now those given to Him were God the Fathers special Chosen ones, those who before the foundation of the World He had Chosen for Himself Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

The word Chosen here , the greek word eklegó which means:

I pick out for myself, choose, elect, select.

"out of" and 3004 /légō, "speaking to a conclusion") – properly, to select (choose) out of, by a highly deliberate choice (i.e. real heart-preference) with a definite outcome (as with the destination of divine selection for salvation).

to pick or choose out for oneself

Its in what is called in the greek the middle voice meaning:

The middle voice indicates the subject performing an action upon himself (reflexive action) or for his own benefit !

The Subject here is God performed unto Himself , for His Own benefit or His Own Sake, like when it is said Ps 79:9

9 Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.

reputation, fame, glory

Isa 43:7

7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him

These God Created for His Own Glory, He gave them to Christ, and they are the ones Christ prayed for in Jn 17:9 and not the rest of the world, they were both the Fathers and then His Jn 17:10

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them. They are His People Matt 1:21

Now those God the Father gave to Christ are in and of themselves a World. They are particular ones given, seperated from the rest, and one of the definition of the word world kosmos is:

VIII.any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

And the word particular means of or belonging to a single or specific person, thing or category, specific or special or peculiar Just like its said of God's Chosen Israel He so Loved Deut 7:

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Thats a World according to the definition of kosmos, so hence all those given Christ in Jn 17:9, are entirely different from the ones He does not pray for in Jn 17:9, and that cannot be debated ! And this World that Christ does Pray for, id the World God so Loved, and Christ came to save Jn 3:16-17

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

The World of His Chosen Deut 7:6-7 !

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I Pray not for the World, but for them you given me !3

What was one of the things Christ prayed for concerning those He died for ! Now remember when Christ prayed for specific ones in Jn 17:9, He not only prayed for them, but also for them that shall believe on Him from their Word or Testimony Jn 17:19

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Mainly this is a Prayer for the Church His Body ! And for these same ones He sanctified Himself Jn 17:19

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

This sanctifying of Himself here means He died for them as their High Priest, He offered Himself in their behalf Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And one of the things He prayed for as it regards them in particular, is that they be Sanctified through God's Truth Jn 17:17,19

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Hence it follows that if any one of them that He died for, He sanctified Himself for, is not Sanctified through the Truth of God, Christ's Prayer was not answered and honored by the One He prayed to ! What an horrible conclusion that would be. I ask, is it possible, that one Christ died for, to live to live their life and die, or Christ returns, without ever being Sanctified through God's Truth ? I say NO, what say you ?

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Heres the Will of the Father for Christ !

Jn 6:40

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

This speaks to limited atonement, and heres why; Its the Fathers will says Christ, not all without exception, but for all or everyone which seeth [Spiritually] the Son and Believeth on Him, for them to be having everlasting life !

Notice the particular clarification here, its restricted to them who are first seeing the Son ! Folks this seeing does not mean a mere physical seeing as many of the jews did in the days of His dlesh, but its a Spiritual seeing. The word for see here is the greek word theoreo and means:

I.to be a spectator, look at, behold

A.to view attentively, take a view of, survey

i.to view mentally, consider

discern, (literally, figuratively (experience) or intensively (acknowledge)):—behold, consider, look on, perceive

Its a seeing in a spiritual contemplation, it denotes a concentration, to see Him in a noteworthy and significant manner, as valuable. Remember Peter said of believers this 1 Pet 2:7

7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious/valuable: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

Notice that word precious, hence they are seeing Him in a Spiritual and Mentally way, in a deeply thoughtful manner, He is seen as Valuable and being Valued ! This kind of seeing of Christ comes from having Spiritual Life abiding in one by the unction and presence of the Holy Spirit, how He makes Christ known, by revealing Him, so that He captures our Spiritual attention on the things of Christ's Person and Work Jn 16:14

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

So its not just anyone whom Christ comes to save according to the Will of the Father Jn 6:37-40 !

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The World in Jn 3:16

Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Another way of understanding this verse without contradicting other Truths of scripture, the World in this verse is everyone believing, and not all without exception as it is falsely taught. Everyone that Believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is a World, just like those whom Christ refused to pray for is a world, Jn 17:9,20

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

This World consists of men and women never given to Christ, because He specifically says, that He is praying for those the Father has given Him, and they also belonged to the Father. But also Jesus goes on to say that He prays for another group of people in Vs 20

He prays for them which shall believe on Him through the Apostolic Testimony of the Word [which includes the NT Scriptures].

So from these we see that Christ prays for believers Vs 9 and those who shall believe or become believers Vs 20, and since those whom He does not pray for is a world Vs 9, then its quite reasonable to conclude that those He does Pray for is a World, a World of Believers, and those who shall become believers through the Preaching of the scriptures, and that confirms who the World is in Jn 3:16, its simply consisting of whosoever is believing, which had been ordained to eternal life Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

19. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Being brought to Faith, or Belief of the Truth, it is part of what Christ does in Saving us from our sins, 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through/in sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Salvation here chosen to is specifically stated, its in the Sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth ! Its Salvation from Unbelief and believing lies !

You see, the fact of the matter is this, Christ has failed to save us from the consequences of our sins if we dont come to believe the Truth, since unbelief is nothing but a sympton of being in a lost state 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So understand something, if we say Christ died for someone, died for their sins, and then we turn around and say that the one He died to save, dies in their sins and in unbelief Jn 8:24, we are saying, whether we realize it or not, that Christ failed to save them from their sins ! We are calling His whole Saving Campaign to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21, a failure, and that's something we will have to answer for in the Day of Judgment unless of course we are granted repentance to the acknowledgement of the Truth before that Day !

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2Pe_3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.