1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sources Identify Major as Gunman in Deadly Shooting Rampage at Fort Hood

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen and Amen!

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you were any more short-sighted, we'd have to be typing in Braille.

We weren't fighting the Germans. We were fighting the Nazis. The German people were for us, but the Japanese people were against us.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Whatever it was about, and I am not endorsing it, it has nothing to do with this particular situation.

Do they make remarks that infidels should have their heads cut off? Or that burning oil should be poured down their throats? Hasan did. Do they walk around in mideastern garb while in the military?

Did you even bother to listen to the 5 min. NPR link I put up where this is reported?

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Everyone should listen to this:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120162816

It's only 5 minutes.

Here is a summary of it:
    This shooting could have been prevented. No one making these remarks should have been allowed to be in the military much less be a psychiatrist treating troops!!

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

While a psychiatrist has the same freedoms of expression as any other citizen, in his professional conduct and speech, he is supposed to exhibit the behaviors and communications of a well balanced, non-judgmental, self-aware and self controlled individual. His conduct on rounds and particularly his candid speech to his peers should have promted them to serious remedial action and removal of him from any position of influence.

A person who sees his patients so personal as either his enemies or enemies of his religion is not fit to counsel them in thier distress or depressions....... which are a natural and NORMAL sequela of traumatic events or life changing injuries: He has the power to alter their mood and response through medication....... which can promote violence, change inhibitions and the normal processing of stimuli and alter rational thought, and can be evidence in implusive, dis-associated, or self destructive behaviors!

What a poor example of professionalizm on all involved who witnessed and did nothing! I bet there were some who voiced concernse but were administratively shut up!

6. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

No. I expect all muslims and other people who believe/adore/pray to a false god to try to do these things.

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

YYeaahhh.....that was what it was. That is why we have all the holidays and the hollywood movies about the German people helping us in the war effort.
    I really hope you have NOTHING to do with writing history books.
    Cod -Brain.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Hasan should have been taken off duty:

http://www.infidelsparadise.com/?p=7156

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/06/latest-updates-on-shootings-at-fort-hood/?hp

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was done with the Japanese was also for their protection. You apparently know nothing of human nature. It's the reason Achish wouldn't let David go to battle with him, and the reason God commanded Joshua not to leave one of the inhabitants of the cities in Canaan alive.

As America got closer to Japan and the bodies began piling up and the cities were being razed, what do you think American citizens would fear from the Japanese here, and what do you think the Japanese would fear? There would be civil war here at the same time America was fighting a war on two fronts.

But the PC crowd will deny all that, and folks who can't tell the difference between their left and right hands will go along with them to their own destruction.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no way the government is going to lock up all Muslims. Neither should it. We should honor the 1st Amendment in this country.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The minute the twin towers went down the mosques and borders should have been closed, every foreign Arab deported, and every naturalized Arab either under surveilance or in a camp.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, Aaron, but using that thinking one could just as easily say that the minute the federal building in Oklahoma City went down the churches and borders should have been closed, every foreign Christian deported, and every naturalized Christian either under surveillance or in a camp.

I reject such thinking.

13. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

PC Crowd? Only Liberals talk like that.

Hint: Try going to to a night school and actually learn American History.

14. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"- U.S. Const. Amendment I

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."- U.S. Const. Amendment IX

"The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
    No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."- U.S. Const. Art. I, Sec. 9

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."- U.S. Const. Amendment XIV, Sec. 1

I think your plan has some legal issues

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far, I'm the one who has alluded to the Scriptures. You alluded to Hollywood.

The nuclear bomb was kept top secret from everyone except the topmost brass until it was dropped. It wasn't until after bodies began to pile up on Iwo Jima that the brass began to rethink the viability of an invasion of the Island of Japan. That's irrelevant, though. Nagasaki and Hiroshima were still razed, only instantly with atomic blasts, instead of gradually through an invasion. Firebombing also razes cities.

Riots then, if that's what you prefer. But I did know people who were there. They're dead now. I can tell you the hatred of American soldiers for the Japanese was acute, especially those who lived through Pearl Harbor and Iwo Jima. And not just them, but their families too. Do you think for one minute that they cared about the legal status of a Japanese individual here? It would take just one wrong look from one to start something big.

Tell you what. You believe what you want. Your thinking will result in needless deaths just as it did at Fort Hood. My thinking will save lives.

#55 Aaron, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    War is hell.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not the same thing at all.

18. FR7 Baptist

My great-grandfather served in the Army during World War II. He passed away earlier this year at the age of 94, but he had told me that he thought the internment of the Japanese was wrong.

You do have a valid point about people attacking Japanese Americans. I'm not a big fan of hate crime laws, but that would be the one instance where they may be effective.

19. FR7 Baptist

Yes, it is, and our rights as citizens are worth fighting for.

20. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Wow.
    You are such a true American.
    I would love to meet you in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.