1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joshua 5:7-15 monthly devotional

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by clark thompson, Jan 24, 2014.

1. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 5:7

KJV(i)7 And their children, whom he raised up in their stead, them Joshua circumcised: for they were uncircumcised, because they had not circumcised them by the way.

ACV(i)7 And their sons, whom he raised up in their stead, them Joshua circumcised, for they were uncircumcised because they had not circumcised them by the way.

My thoughts.
    This showed that God's covenant would continue thru them, God 's today is carried thru Jesus and not circumcision.

2. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 5:8

KJV(i)8 And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole.

ACV(i)8 And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the nation, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were recovered.

My thoughts.

Sometimes we need to rest even as we are serving the Lord by obedience.

3. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh 5:9

Joshua 5:9

KJV(i)9 And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.

ACV(i)9 And LORD said to Joshua, This day I have rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Therefore the name of that place was called Gilgal, to this day.

These are my thoughts.
    When we have the Faith we will see His promises come true, just not every one of them and we should not forget His promises.

4. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joshua 5:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 And the children of Israel encamped in Gilgal, and kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the month at

ACV(i) 10 And the sons of Israel encamped in Gilgal. And they kept the Passover on the fourteenth day of the month at evening in the plains of Jericho. even in the plains of Jericho.

These are my thoughts.

They remembered Passover; we should never forget our Passover Lamb.

#4 clark thompson, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  5. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh 5:11

Joshua 5:11

KJV(i) 11 And they did eat of the old corn of the land on the morrow after the passover, unleavened cakes, and parched corn in the selfsame day.
    NSB(i) 11 After the Passover they ate the old corn of the land, unleavened cakes, and parched corn.

These are my thoughts.
    They finally received the fruit of the land they had been given, when we taste the fruit that comes from following Jesus we will know how sweet it is.

6. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh 5:12

Joshua 5:12

KJV(i) 12 And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.

NSB(i) 12 The manna ceased the morning after they ate the old corn of the land. The children of Israel had no more manna. But they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.

These are my thoughts.
    Sometime God will give things we need other time He will give us the skills to gain the things we need.

7. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh 5:13

Joshua 5:13
    KJV(i) 13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

NSB(i) 13 When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, there stood a man in front of him with his sword drawn in his hand. Joshua went to him, and said: »Are you on our side or our adversaries?«

These are my thoughts.
    In what we do we need to ask ourselves are we on God’s side because of this.

8. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh 5:14

Joshua 5:14
    KJV 14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?
    NSB 14 He said: no, but as captain of the camp of Jehovah I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down and said: What does my lord say to his servant?

These are my thoughts.
    We need first need to worship before we ask what the Lord wants from us because He first wants our worship.

9. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh 5:15

Joshua 5:15
    KJV 15 And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

NSB 15 The captain (commander) of Jehovah’s host (army) said to Joshua: Take your shoes from your feet, for the place where you stand is holy. And at once Joshua did so.

These are my thoughts.
    Where we come to hear the word of the Lord or serve the Lord or praise Him is holy ground because we come into His presence.

10. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Josh 5:8

KJV 8 And it came to pass, when they had done circumcising all the people, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole.

ECB 8 And so be it, when they consummate circumcising all the goyim, they settle in their places in the camp until they revive.

These are my thoughts.
    The first step to being made whole is to what the Lord wants us to do.