1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hating People

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.”

― Muhammad Ali

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Did you post that because you think that some folks here would object to the quote?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So its not OK to hate liberals? GOD FORBID!:laugh:

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think racism has become a worse issue than in the past as it is no longer on the surface but ingrained in our culture (beneath the surface). It also takes, for the most part, a different form. I know very few people who are ‘racist’ in terms of hating a people for the color of their skin. But we live in a society that fuels racism beneath the surface in its attempts to find it under ever rock and behind every turn.

For example, look at the authors who are no longer read in our school system (they use words that were common expressions of their time, or present accurate characterizations of their culture, etc). I understand part of this the progression of culture, but imagine what would happen if our high schools presented some materials by Mark Twain, Flannery O’Conner, Margret Mitchell, or Joseph Conrad. The problem is not with the books, but with the racists (those who see racism around every corner) who are so easily offended. We are losing our culture and our history.

In other words, "racism!" is typically the cry of the modern day racist.

#4 JonC, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Americans, we have no culture....we merely exist for our own pleasure. Nor do we have any real history. We are merely evolving....how it evolves is dependent on the U.S. population. So how nepitistic (sic) are we in reality....only time will tell.

6. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you mean hedonistic?

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or devolving.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That too....lol

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats another way to look at it.....but its pessimistic. Look our furture revolves around our willingness to stand up for what decent, honest and moral. So is the US citizens prepared to speak out, to join up to defend, to throw off tyranny? Again....time will tell!:smilewinkgrin:

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: I guess I'm a stein's half empty kinda guy...but you are right...we essentially agree ... but my view of the nation's future is pessimistic. I jump to the conclusion that we, as a collective, will continue a downward spiral in terms of decency, honesty, and morality. Still, I hope I'm proven wrong.