1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should America DEPORT the Illegals, regardless?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 5, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been there, but no, I'm not from or currently residing in Houston. Why would that be relevant?

Look to the far right of my screen name. Location: Minneapolis

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Experience. Example: I saw a Hispanic who spoke perfect English tell a black sales guy at a store if he spoke Spanish and he said "no". She insisted to speak to a sales person in Spanish. It's a culture thingy like you said and the Black guy was side stepped! IS THAT OK TO YOU? No sale?

#42 Jedi Knight, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother, you do know that immigration laws were more strict back in the day. For instance, if a person coming to Ellis Island were found to be sick, they were sent back to their homeland.

As for the words you quoted, that was on the gift the French made to us, and while it is impressive and welcoming, America needs to return to the day when people followed the laws; our government enforced the laws; and we had order and inspiration for those coming to America had a reason to assimilate.

There is no reason to adopt/adapt to this society because this government is willing to change laws and traditions to make the immigrants feel part of America. And while I have no problem with this, I do think we owe it to the majority of Americans to let the peole, NOT the government or the courts change traditions, laws, and the American way of life!

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But those who advocate being tolerant and politically correct ... have destroyed this nation! We were a nation of law. Now were are a nation of the lawless! :tear:

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Brother, you just got my vote! And probably the vote of every American that is tired of this lawlessness. Would you end same-sex marriage too? :smilewinkgrin:

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

If he has to turn to correcting your spelling ... well he's losing the argument! But, for his efforts, I give him (ITL) the following sticker:

[​IMG]

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once those at Babel discovered they were all speaking of another tongue, they made for other parts of the world and set up housekeeping. If you want to live in America; if you want to be an American ..... then speak the language of America - ENGLISH. to not speak English is rude. Just plain rude .... and yes I took tolerance courses every year, paid for by the state, and I always voiced my opinions when it came to the language thingy.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was in GERMANY, with the US Army - one day during lunch, my German secretary had a German friend visit her in our office. During their entire conversation they spoke in English.
    After the friend left, I asked Mrs Muller why they did not converse in German. Her answer, Sgt, we did not want you to think we were talking about you.
    How about that GERMANS have RESPECT for others.

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    nu

Great point brother! :type:

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To take your analogy to its logical conclusion and apply it to this thread, Jedi Knight was entering the Hispanics people's workplace at lunch. Therefore, to respect them he should have spoken in Spanish.

11. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Waiting for an answer.

12. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Waiting for an answer to what? I don't even know how the story ended. She asked for a sales associate that spoke Spanish? Ok, if they didn't have one that did then I guess she is out of luck? What point are you trying to make here exactly? She was obviously being unreasonable in that instance becuase she was apparantly bilingual. What does that have to do with this thread at all?

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That wasn't a cultural thing. That was being overly demanding. So if the rude and demanding customer didn't get her needs met then, yes, that's OK with me.

14. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you believe lowering taxes and eliminating onerous regulations on small businesses would "destroy" small business?

Why do you believe that revamping and streamlining our military to better be able to defend our nation in the 21st century (you know, like our military leaders are calling for) "weaken our military"?

Third, why would assigning federal resources to rounding up border criminals take state and local law enforcement away from "serious crimes"? What about "serious crime" committed by border criminals? And what about things such as tax evasion and identity theft, which are routinely committed by border criminals? Are those not "serious crimes"?

If you like the status quo, the invasion of our nation by foreign nationals, record unemployment, federal corruption, federal incompetence, and out of control debt and spending, then, by all means, don't vote for me.

But you brought it up in this thread.

Also, could you please explain why you insist their should be an increase in minimum wage jobs, but then turn around and say that the economy will be destroyed if we deport border criminals because there will be nobody left to perform menial labor at the current low minimum wage.

Which of the federal employees I said I would furlough have anything at all to do with the military?

Which of the employees I said I would furlough have anything at all to do with the military.

Please feel free to explain how furloughing Bureau of Indian Affairs employees and Department of Education employees will harm the military.

Why?

So, because you don't have the skills to make it in the private sector, it's my fault for wanting to reign in an out of control federal government?

#54 JohnDeereFan, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  15. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe I would have the authority to end same sex marriage. But that would be one of the issues I would address in the period of national repentance I call for.

At the very least, I would issue a presidential proclamation affirming traditional marriage, condemning the redefinition of marriage, and condemning no fault divorce.

The problem is, much as I hate the redefinition of marriage it wouldn't be within my authority to do much. Same with abortion. If I could wave my magic pen, I would be overjoyed to outlaw it.

But then, we're getting into "dictator" territory, and we already have one of those.

16. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a pretty good conversation in the other immigration thread about why small businesses would suffer.

As for weakening the military, I thought I explained that but to suggest that furloughing 90% of federal employees does not weaken the military suggests that you are ignorant of the enormous amount of effort and resources required to sustain military programs. These services are largely provided by civilian support agencies that work to support things like payroll, operation and maintenance of equipment, design and construction of installation facilities, utilities, etc. You can't hack the labor force by 90% and expect the military to not be drastically weakened. To even suggest this means you have no idea how the military is strucutred and sustained.

It's also ridiculous to complain about record unemployment while recommending a furlough for 90% of government employees. I enjoy getting paid for what I do and supporting my familiy so your furlough idea is not appreciated coming from someone that had to endure one last summer and while paying a mortgage.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Washington has to honor the North American Free Trade Agreement. NAFTA = open borders.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This administration doesn't feel like it has to honor any agreement, unless it's convenient. Be that as it may...

Nafta did not legalize entering the country to stay and work, without going through the immigration process.

19. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

I suggest deporting all the politicians, that would fix 99% of our problems..

Then build a huge fence to keep those same politicians out.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How US Policies Fueled Mexico's Great Migration

http://www.thenation.com/article/165438/how-us-policies-fueled-mexicos-great-migration#

Nafta Should Have Stopped Illegal Immigration, Right?

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/18/weekinreview/18uchitelle.html?_r=0

While there has been some media coverage of NAFTA's ruinous impact on US industrial communities, there has been even less media attention paid to its catastrophic effects in Mexico:

NAFTA, by permitting heavily-subsidized US corn and other agri-business products to compete with small Mexican farmers, has driven the Mexican farmer off the land due to low-priced imports of US corn and other agricultural products. Some 2 million Mexicans have been forced out of agriculture, and many of those that remain are living in desperate poverty. These people are among those that cross the border to feed their families. (Meanwhile, corn-based tortilla prices climbed by 50%. No wonder many so Mexican peasants have called NAFTA their 'death warrant.'

NAFTA's service-sector rules allowed big firms like Wal-Mart to enter the Mexican market and, selling low-priced goods made by ultra-cheap labor in China, to displace locally-based shoe, toy, and candy firms. An estimated 28,000 small and medium-sized Mexican businesses have been eliminated.

Wages along the Mexican border have actually been driven down by about 25% since NAFTA, reported a Carnegie Endowment study. An over-supply of workers, combined with the crushing of union organizing drives as government policy, has resulted in sweatshop pay running sweatshops along the border where wages typically run 60 cents to $1 an hour.

So rather than improving living standards, Mexican wages have actually fallen since NAFTA. The initial growth in the number of jobs has leveled off, with China's even more repressive labor system luring US firms to locate there instead.

http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0425-30.htm

Mexico is hearing that "giant sucking sound" to.

Law is of little concern to a starving man.

#60 poncho, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014