1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Should America DEPORT the Illegals, regardless?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So it's ok to discriminate against that black guy because he spoke no Spanish is what your saying. You and LaRaza fit right in.

#61 Jedi Knight, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read his comment one more time. Slowly this time.

3. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

You need to hold his hand? He's trying to have it both ways to save face. I think in the Light is less insulting than you.....your done.

#63 Jedi Knight, Oct 7, 2014
  4. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

You are correct on both. :)

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Discriminate? This is not discrimination, this is arrogance and rudeness by the customer. (And I don't see what the salesperson being black has anything to do with it.)

Customer: "I would like my new Ford F150 to be pink in color."

Salesperson: "We don't have any pink F150's. I can help you with another color."

Customer: "I don't want another color."

In this scenario, you think the customer is discriminating?

?? Who is LaRaza?

6. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I give a thanks for not being insulting in our exchange. :) You can discriminate exclude through language and even if they know both languages. Not long ago we had a delivery from a illegal that spoke no English and kept asking me questions in Spanish. I told him sorry I dont speak Spanish and he was angry as if it was my fault. This behavior is the norm down here. The man being black was real but if I said it was me you probobly said it was a culture thingy. BTW discrimination is not just skin color....it has many ugly faces.

#66 Jedi Knight, Oct 7, 2014
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More than that, I witnessed a conversation between an hispanic man and woman. He asked her if she and her children spoke Spanish in their home. She said NO.

Then he turned ugly and really griped her out for betraying her heritage. She was stunned.

I believe that may be an example of what you are talking about.

She wants her family to totally become Americans. He wants to remain a Mexican, but live in America. I have a problem with people like him. BTW Both are legal residents. She is a citizen. He is not.

Another example: I was thumbing through photo IDs looking for one, when the young man said he was the only Mexican in the stack. I looked at him. Clearly hispanic, but spoke English perfectly. I said to him, "you're not a Mexican". He insisted he was. I asked him where he was born, He said he was born in California. I told him he was as American as I was. He seemed shocked. Reckon he came from a family like that of the man above?

These are the new brand of immigrants I have a problem with. They don't want to assimilate. Immigrants in the past did.

#67 carpro, Oct 7, 2014
  8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to be clear--I believe the immigrants should assimilate, they should learn English, take part in our national holidays, adopt our patriotic traditions. If they don't, they will continue to work at Subway and clean hotel rooms. That said, if they want to communicate in their native language amongst themselves that is their prerogative, but I would hope they would use that time to practice their English.

In JediKnight's example, the woman was probably looking for a Spanish speaking salesperson to make communication more efficient. Her attitude was the problem.

In CarPro's example of the Mexican dude that wanted to remain a Mexican but live in the US, I think that person is wrong.

9. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Trust me I live in the heart of this mess and she was not looking for nothing more than Hispanics stick together.

#69 Jedi Knight, Oct 7, 2014
  10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LaRaza is a militant Mexican rights group that wants open borders so the can relcaim their land.

Anyone who comes to America and wants to stay and live needs to be willing to assimilate. If not they need to go home.

#70 Revmitchell, Oct 7, 2014
  11. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

La Raza is a Hispanic racist organization. La Raza means 'The Race'. What does that say just in their name......cultural thing again? Obama and Democrats accept them as normal and work with......Hispanic version of the KKK or Black Panthers.

#71 Jedi Knight, Oct 7, 2014
  12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is funny to hear as you just got through lumping him in with the same group as the "Mexican KKK or Black Panthers."

13. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Lawlessness is why it wont be like that unfortunately. I lived in Houston all my life and as a kid maybe 2 Black kids and 2 Mexicans in our class and ALL spoke English. Now its all Hispanic and 2 or three white and black kids "same school" 45 years later. Is not the race its the language they bring with them and don't care to change so others are paying the price. BY LAW you have to learn English to become a American but if you thumb your nose at the Law and say "No, gracias".

#73 Jedi Knight, Oct 7, 2014
  14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my greatest regrets during my 3 tours and 8 years in Germany was NOT learning the language. :tear:
    I remember my OIC request to remain on the economy (live off base) in order to assimilate more into the German culture.
    Now I realize she had a good ideal.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everybody that I know that got a chance to be stationed in Germany absolutely loved it. You got a good deal. 8 years wow! That would never happen today with the whole life cycle and Brigade Combat Team concept. I was lucky to get Hawaii for 5 years.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dad was a code breaker in the Army signal corps in Hawaii for almost 4 years in WW2. He said he didn't like the climate which was mind-boggling to me.

We now return to the topic of the thread...

17. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anybody seen "Waste of Time" lately? He left several questions unanswered.

18. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I answered your questions in post #56 and you haven't posted since then. What are you talking about exactly?

19. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, you didn't answer them. You just said you made some vague answer in another thread.

Still waiting to hear how furloughing Department of Education or Bureau of Indian Affairs would "cripple the military".

Likewise, you still haven't explained why reducing taxes and repealing onerous regulations on small business would hurt small business.

Lastly, you never explained why the allegedly necessity to pay Americans more to do jobs currently being done at minimum wage or below by border criminals would cripple the economy, but raising the minimum wage would not.

I look forward to your answers and seeing what creative insults you come up with.

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well first of all I now see that you never posted these questions after I responded, you strangely added these questions to the post prior to mine which would have required me to read the thread backwards.

Second of all you never mentioned the Department of Education or Bureau of Indian Affairs in your initial posts, you just said 90% of federal employees. That is quite a difference. Those two agencies don't even come close to 90% of all federal employees so you are essentially shifting the goal posts here and doing so badly.

As far as small businesses go you are going to have to be more specific and talk about which "onerous" regulations you are talking about. This wasn't even your original post anyway.

As for the fourth question I already referred you to the "Illegal Stats" thread in which we had pages worth of conversation about this very issue. I'm not going to rehash that entire conversation again but it's really not that hard to find and I find it hard to believe you weren't reading that thread anyway.