1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Trinity according to Baptists

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Gina B, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, rsr. [​IMG]

That clears it up, and confirms Tozer didn't write it because he put quotes around it and refers to the creeds. I just didn't want him to mistakingly get credit for something written back in the early centuries!

Happy New Year! [​IMG]

2. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

Yeah, like I said in the post, it was just from personal notes. But I suppose I should've gone further. It was included within a large block of text from Tozer and I wasn't concerned about the source when I originally recorded it in my notes on the Trinity some time ago. But I suppose I should have been more careful and either pasted in the whole block of text or omitted the source, even if this is just a discussion forum.

Guilty as charged.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, Ivey Leaguer. [​IMG]

We are supposed to put the correct source for quoted material here on the BB or we can violate copyright laws; I think it's in the rules for posting. Though in this case it was more a matter of attributing the beautiful language of those creeds to a modern person who had nothing to do with them!

Happy New Year! [​IMG]

4. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

No problem. [​IMG]

Happy New Year! [​IMG]

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    No harm done; it's the pedant in me that makes me track down things. Besides, it provided me with a link to the Tozer work, which is at:

DESIRING GOD