1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Salvation reduced to its most simplest level

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by The Biblicist, Dec 16, 2014.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you mean 'unregenerate as well as regenerate', then of course not. If you mean 'lost sheep as well as saved sheep', then that whole generation were lost sheep wandering in the wilderness on account of their disobedience to the gospel to go in and possess the land. They could have been saved sheep dwelling in the land of milk & honey had they believed the gospel that it was their's for the taking.

I mostly agree with you in defining a NT assembly like those that Paul addressed in his letters. What I don't understand is your dogmatism against the idea of a catholic church.

#61 kyredneck, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
  2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I know that outcasts from Bloody Breathitt never heard of a dictionary but they make interesting reading while tending that still!

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...now how in the world are you supposed to watch for revenuers and read at the same time?!? That's just plum dum....is that what you did? I bet you got chased out of the hills for not doing yer job!!

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I am aware of these issues that you have posted here although not an expert on church history.

I am in a confessional church 1689....I take exception to it on a few points. While I agree for the most part with it and understand what they...mean
    I cannot bring myself to agree with a clause or two in it.

I know that everyone who walks in the church door is not a Christian. That is what they mean by the first statement...subject to mixture and error..

When I think of the church for whom Christ died I do not count the false professor as having any part of the church.

if a ship has barnacles that attach themselves to the hull...they are not part of the ship.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

My eyes swivel independently! I know in the hills the only way you can look is up so that is not a particular benefit. But here in the flatlands it is mighty beneficial.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I'm trying to imagine that!

[​IMG]

#66 kyredneck, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simplest level?

Ye must be born again.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. ?What was the grace that justified? Last part of Rom. 4:25 and was raised again for our justification. We are; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; From Rom 8:17. Therefore we are joint heirs with the one, who has already inherited by being: the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; Col 1:18

The resurrected, Jesus, became the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

9. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, that is the simplest level of salvation. But "born again" must be defined and that is where the issue lies. I define "new birth" as "quickening" which means to "make alive" and since God IS life, then for a spiritually dead person to be made alive spiritually he must be brought into spiritual union with God as spiritual death is separation from God - "alienated from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18).

Some Christian cults attempt to make the new birth the resurrection of the body. However, the body dies because man is dead spiritually or separated spiritually from God. That is why Jesus said "what is born of Spirit IS SPIRIT and what is born of flesh IS FLESH." Therefore, the new birth has nothing to do with the resurrection of THE FLESH. It is the "spirit" that is born of the Spirit.

Only those whose "spirit" is "born of the Spirit" will have their bodies resurrected unto eternal life.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who are reborn from above are just those who have received jesus as their Lord/messiah by faith alonr in him and His finished work on thjeir behalf, and as such, are now part of the true church of christ, all those who now have the Holy spirit dealed and indwelling them!