1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bob Jones III Apologizes for Inflammatory Rhetoric

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Jerome, Mar 23, 2015.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was an apology not necessary?

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's the AP article from 1980 with Jones's inflammatory rhetoric:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=LQMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4825,5617216&hl=en

Jones was appearing at a press conference in Washington alongside Bob Billings, executive director of the Moral Majority. They were presenting a petition to the White House.

I don't buy that it was an anomalous slip of the tongue due to Jones getting wound up that day.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He expressed a desire to kill them and lumped them in with murderers and rapists. It is a pretty horrible thing to say right?

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was in college, a series of forums were held concerning the U.S. Constitution (the bicentennial thereof coming up and all). One debate was titled Capital Punishment and the Constitution. When the discussion turned to the constitutionality of the death penalty, the moderator said, this debate is titled Capital Punishment AND the Constitution, it's not about the constitutionality of capital punishment!

He was met with a stunned silence by the panelists and the audience.

You remind me of that moderator.

You're the one who brought in U.S. laws. I'm asking about any nation's laws, and how are Jones' remarks to be discussed without discussing a society's responses to sodomy?

#24 Aaron, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
  5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Three pages and you still have not answered the question that YOU posed. Are you going to grace us with your wisdom on the matter?

#25 quantumfaith, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  6. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My 2 cents: Stay out of politics and preach the truth from the pulpit. Let the government decide what should or should not be done to homosexuals. In time, our leaders will answer to the Lord for what they do or don't do. The Bible is clear that homosexuals are sinners who need redemption just like every other sinner, but that sinners they are is exceedingly clear from Romans 1.

Our goal should be, however, not to persecute them nor demand that they be executed, but to convert them to Christ if possible. This is not Old Testament Israel under the Law of Moses, it is the age of grace and the church has no other responsibility towards gays than to win them to Jesus.

Through the years, I've helped several people who were ensnared by Satan in the lust trap of the gay lifestyle and I always treated them with courtesy and kindness even if they ended up rejecting what the Bible says.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>