1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gen Sheehan and homosexu@ls

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This subject needs bumping

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

People who have not served in the military, especially those that have not been in combat, have no clue what having an openly gay person coming on to you does to unit cohesion. It's bad enough if you have an effeminate acting male. But, "openly" usually means the ones that are not shy about coming on to total strangers.

And, this does not even address the issues of HIV and other STD's... Or other things that do not require intimate contact but merely sharing a foxhole...

The Dutch have abandoned the truth for many years it's no wonder they deny the obvious truth when it's presented...

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

It's time to scrap "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." As the Dutch government says, this general is absurd and should not be listened to. Besides, most of the military supports this policy be dropped.

Like it or not, gays are part of society, and we, as Christians, aren't going to change it.

5. SpiritualMadMan

No we should wait until America is turned into another Sodom and Gomorrah...

You, obviously, don't work with US Marines on a USMC Base!

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No, thank God I don't!

But, the Marines are only a small portion of our military (again, thank God).

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Active duty estimates

39% US Army
    14% US Marines
    24% US Navy
    23% US Air Force

Robby, since you know nothing about the military, you do not realize why the Marine Corps has such a low percentage. But then again, sometimes less is better! :thumbs:

Sarge

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is unfortunate that any part of our society, including the government, is so brainwashed into believing that accepting openly immoral lifestyle activities has no effect on the rest of society. Even more unfortunate is when this brainwashing gets into the church.
    When a person is so mentally confused and morally corrupt that they honestly believe that they can engage in this kind of immoral conduct and call it normal I think we have a clear indication that this persons ability to make sound judgments is exceedingly flawed.
    In any society there has to be limits to what we accept and what we reject when it comes to moral values. It is never enough to say we reject the lifestyle but accept the individual since the two cannot be separated. For anyone who openly profess' that they are of the mind set of same gender relations they should not be allowed to serve in the military or in any public or government office. I personally would not hire anyone who is openly into this, but I would not limit to that. Any person involved in any kind of immoralality I would not hire or if found out later would be fired.

9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

The size of the Marine Corp in this instance doesn't matter. The gays will be serving in all branches of the military. What the Marine Corp says is only part of the whole story.

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Really! I'm shocked!

Actually, I doubt many gays would be willing to work for you anyway. In fact, I think you would have trouble finding employees outside of your own family.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The military actually does have regulations against adultery - though not normally enforced, unless its officer/enlisted or supervisor/worker.

Here is the other thing - Hom0sexuals are demanding all these rights - why are they not insisting the same rights for those who practice polygamy. The only reason the Mormon church changed its practice was so Utah could be come a US state.

I'm sure the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints would have a new revelation about polygamy if the military changed its regs on that.
    From the web site: "Mormonism today does not practice polygamy, but neither does it claim that its past practice of polygamy was wrong. The practice was commanded by God through living prophets and forbidden by God through living prophets"

But as Free states in post # 8 "our society, including the government, is so brainwashed into believing that accepting openly immoral lifestyle activities has no effect on the rest of society."

That is why I have been encouraging folks to listen to Pathway to Victory with Dr Jeffress, (First Baptist, Dallas) on KCBI for the next several weekdays. He has an excellent series on hom0sexuality. If you don't live in the Dallas Metroplex you can still listen to him on the net. It is well worth your time. Tune in this coming Monday at 730 pm EST
    (then click on "listen live" in the upper right hand corner of the tool bar.)

Salty

#11 Salty, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  12. SpiritualMadMan

One reason why I usually try to stay away from these topics is because there is always someone who wants to coddle open and obvious sin.

I am a Navy veteran.

I work with Marines every day.

I thank God for the US Marines!

They are a very special group of the Military.

People who do not appreciate our Military have no business enjoying the Freedoms our military have fought and bled to secure and maintain.

Freedom isn't Free.

Niether Spritual Freedom, which cost the Blood of Jesus Christ.

Nor, Secular Freedom which is always bought and maintained by Blood and Guts.

You can not legislate peace.

You can not plead for peace without giving up your Freedoms.

Well said Teddy when he said, "Talk Softly, and Carry a Big Stick".

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Finding employees is a problem today no matter what, unless you are willing to accept the rebellious and lazy. Just getting them to show up on time requires some serious guidelines. As for sodomites they can work for me, but not if they are open about it. The same with an adulterer or fornicator.
    When you require a certain moral value it gets worse since the world and the church is so saturated with sin. People become shocked and even upset that anyone would set moral standards, but the reason is that their own personal standards are in the bucket. The worst thing is the church blinking at sin. I am not saying that I would not hire a sinner. They are all sinners. I am simply saying that if someone openly engages in immorality they would not work for me. If they will cheat on a spouse or lie with like kind they cannot be trusted. If they made it clear at the interview, I would not initially ask, that they are engaged in immorality, I would seek to witness to them and send them on their way if they rejected the offer of salvation. In the case of an employee the same thing would be done if found out.
    Employers have a great deal of latitude even if not known. I can set standards of dress both at work and away from work and so can any other employer as well as other standards. I would not do the latter (set dress codes away form work). Just a few years ago an employer fired an employee for smoking at home. The company had a no smoking policy. The employee took it to court and the employer won his right to make that demand.
    So in the case of immoral conduct when a nation permits its people to openly engage in it without penalty the nation and people stand in judgment. Those in the church who argue against standards stand the greatest judgement in my opinion.

#13 freeatlast, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010
  14. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Well, if they are vocal, I guess you could always nuke their houses. After all, they usually live in close proximity of each other. Oh, wait a minute...they aren't Koreans. Never mind!

15. targus

targus New Member

What do you have against Marines?

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I have nothing against them, but I don't want to join their ranks.

17. targus

targus New Member

Then why do you "thank God" that you don't work with any Marines?

Why do you "thank God" that the "Marines are only a small portion of our military"?

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Usually when someone loses an argument they resort to mockery or slander like you. It is very childish. :thumbs:

19. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I am thankful that I don't work on a military base, meaning I am glad I am not in the military.

What I saying is that the Marines are a small force, compared to the Army. If the Marines were a large force there would, no doubt, be more people opposed to doing away with DADT. I feel it is better not to have this policy.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are probally more DAC's who work for the Army then there are soliders who are in the Army.

2nd paragraph - makes no sense whatsoever