1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kirsten powers: Conservatives are ‘maligned’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    USA Today columnist Kirsten Powers argued that conservatives are “maligned” “at a level that it hasn’t been in the past” on Tuesday’s “O’Reilly Factor” on the Fox News Channel....

.....Powers said “I certainly agree with what you’re saying about how conservatives are maligned, and I think it’s at a level that it hasn’t been in the past, and where views and disagreements really are treated as — bigotry, as phobias, as — not as just disagreements that we as Americans used to have over policies. It’s now if you criticize Islam, you have an illness, you’re phobic. Even things that I disagree with, I support same-sex marriage, but a lot of liberals will say ‘well, someone who opposes same-sex marriage is a bigot…they have a phobia, they’re a homophobe,’ which I don’t agree with.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/03/24/kirsten-powers-conservatives-are-maligned/

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for bringing Ms Powers up. I view her as well as Geraldo as way toooooooo far to the left for Fox. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if those two are getting under the table money from MSNBC to sabotage Fox :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fox is not afraid to bring on people who are far left.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

In fact if Fox wants to be "balanced", then they need more far lefts on to balance out the abundance of far rights.