1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Today is the day - a big move for our church!

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by annsni, Feb 24, 2015.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Over four years ago, God called my husband to be a campus pastor and start another campus of our church in a town about 25 miles away from the home church. We started meeting in a hotel and met there for three years before it was apparent we needed to get out and get our own place. After much searching, we found a great warehouse that we could renovate to make our own space.

Now it's been over a year and we finally got word a couple of weeks ago that there is just no way to get the building permits for this building and we would need to seek out another location for our campus. It was really disheartening but we were ready to move on and see what God had in store for us.

The day we found out the door was definitely closed, hubby looked on Craigslist and found a church looking for another church to share their space with! Bob contacted them and in a matter of weeks, the deal was done and we are moving into the other church starting today!! It's an incredible space with a lot of potential and the other church (a theologically sound church but more pentacostal than us) has been so gracious in allowing us to do some changes to the spaces. They had major damage last summer in a heavy rainstorm and their insurance company didn't cover the damage and they have been struggling financially and we have funds that were raised to renovate the other space that we are able to use to help them out. We also have skilled labor to be able to do the work for them. Today we are repairing quite a bit of dropped ceiling as well as some tile work and other things. This is really a huge boost to this church AND to us and I pray that God blesses our partnership for the future!!

It has been amazing watching God work in this congregation for the last 4 years and there are those walking with the Lord who were not at all even THINKING of God 4 years ago. I pray now that we have a real space that can be well-used, we can begin to even increase the ministry reach and that more people in that area can come to know Christ. Please pray for us and the other church as we move forward in this new partnership!

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great news. Praising the Lord with you and praying for you! :applause:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What is so neat about this church is that they have allowed 13 other churches to meet in their facility and of those 13, 9 have gone on to move into their own spaces and become independent churches. This pastor has such a kingdom-minded vision of the church working to bring the gospel to the community. Gotta love that!

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That probably means he's not a Baptist lol

I love his attitude!

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Woo hoo!! Things can work out!

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

The scripture comes to mind, how can two walk together except they be in agreement. I would be leery about pumping a bunch of money into a building that I didn't own and later maybe being kicked out over different beliefs.