1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Election In Action

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was after God saved him, as before that fact, Paul would have been full of pride as being a keeper of the Law!

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree... Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
    15: For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not: but what I hate, that do I.
    16: If then I do that which I would not, I consent to the law it is good. I consent unto the law that it is good.
    Now pay attention to the next verses
    17: Now it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    18. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    19. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
    20. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    21: I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
    22: For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    23: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    24: O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

You are saying if I understand you right... That the action to sin causes the condition... According to Paul the sin in the flesh the condition or nature of man as it is sometimes called causes the sin. We are all the chief of sinner as Paul stated he also claimed weather we acknowledge that truth or not.

II Timothy 2:7 Consider what I have to say... And the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

#22 tyndale1946, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    idk, I must compare this to my own testimony/life. I was saved at age ten, yet often would sin and justify my sin in just the ways you described here, and I had the Holy Spirit in me.