1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Phillips Commentary Set

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by securityofficer2008, May 27, 2008.

1. securityofficer2008

securityofficer2008 New Member

Are you looking for a great commentary that is easy to understand and also sheds new light on the scripture as well as give you background information on the text that you are reading???? If so then you should try John Phillips Commentary Series. I had to buy them for some Bible classes that I was taking in college and love to read about the text that I am going to preach on. These have been very helpful to me. I have even asked for them on my birthday so that I may complete the whole set. If you are interested in these you can find them on Amazon.com and not have to pay the full price that you would pay in a bookstore. I love them and have learned to put some interesting information into my sermons by reading his thoughts and his research on the topic. Hope all this is as profitable to you as it is to me!!!

2. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

I also find the John Phillips commentaries very helpful.

I have many types of commentaries, by various authors, from J. Vernon McGee
    to a $35.00, 800+ page very scholarly commentary on Ephesians, and many in between. Phillips is among the most interesting and is well researched. I also have him on my birthday/father's day/ whatever else list.

3. securityofficer2008

Do you have the whole New Testament set or just a few of them? If you are interested in getting more let me know and I will tell you where I have found to be the cheapest and easiest way to purchase them.

4. securityofficer2008

What do you mean by this???