1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Funeral Home... True Story

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by tyndale1946, Aug 19, 2014.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a child I remember my Dad and Mom caring for this old man who had no one else to turn to. We called him Uncle John. Uncle John shortly became bed ridden and not long after died. So it was Dad Christian duty to make the funeral arrangements. So with three young boys in tow, me and my three brothers we headed to the funeral home. Upon arriving Dad introduced himself to the funeral director and admonishing us to say put and wait headed to the directors office which was across the parlor. To say we three were a worm in hot ashes is an understatement as Dad was sure taking an unusual long time in our eyes. So we decided among the 3 of us to go exploring. Which turn out to be a bad idea. Those of you who have been to a funeral home know about the funeral music playing. Now and then there is a coffin on display. There was one in the front not paying any attention to the chairs that were set up and the flowers we headed for the box. I could not see in the box so my younger brother said let me give you a boost. Bad idea!... So he gave me a boost at the head of the box and as soon as I came over the corner I was staring into the face of this old dead guy. I don't know weather I peed my pants or not but let out a yelp and started running, dragging my brothers back with me to where Dad told us to say put. Both my brothers asked me What'd ya see... WHAT'D YA SEE!.. I said YOU don't want to know. Shortly Dad returned and said have you boys been behaving yourselves. We said yes Daddy in unison but my one brother wanted to add something, so I elbowed him in the side. If I'm not mistaken I think I saw Dad grin and wink at the funeral director. I'm sure he knew what we did but never said anything.