1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The wife is to fear (phobew) her husband (Ephesians 5:33)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Olivencia, May 27, 2009.

1. Olivencia

Olivencia New Member

That was very generous of you to tell your father the facts. Isn't EVERY man the master of his house?

--> According to God yes.
    --------------------------------------

I can just IMAGINE how that conversation went!!!

--> No need to imagine. It went according to what the Bible expects. Something you should try to clue yourself in on.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So then why the need to tell him? Why was it difficult? Do you have issues with rebellion with your father?

Excuse me but that's a very nasty, ungodly response.

3. Olivencia

Olivencia New Member

So then why the need to tell him? Why was it difficult? Do you have issues with rebellion with your father?

1. I don't "need" to tell him. I wanted to. A wife does need to tell her husband because the Bible teaches it.
    2. It wasn't difficulut. I was being sarchastic. It was so easy. You people make such a big deal that a wife has to say that to her husband when it is not...well not if you have the Holy Spirit and believe the Bible.
    3. None that I can think of. I just felt like saying it. My dad and I get along great - true as far back as I can remember.

Quote:
    I can just IMAGINE how that conversation went!!!

--> No need to imagine. It went according to what the Bible expects. Something you should try to clue yourself in on.

Excuse me but that's a very nasty, ungodly response.

--> Thanks for choosing sides. It isn't nasty when I have told this person over and over again the same thing.....and this same person was the one who accused me of being for the beating of a wife. When pressed on it this person copped out and said it could also mean verbally but when this person made that accusation it was never qualified that way. That is wrong. You know it and I know it. If some one said that guy enjoys beating his wife and never qualified it, it would be understood as physical but no one got on him for it so don't give me that garbage. Ungodly response? Check out Acts 13:10 and that is what this person and anyone denies what all these lexicons are asserting applies to.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Acts 13:10 says "and said, "You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?"

So let me understand. You are saying that if someone disagrees with man's lexicon, that he is a son of the devil and an enemy of God? That would make them an unbeliever, wouldn't it? You are saying anyone who disagrees with you is unsaved?

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Oooooh, isn't it against the rules to question someone's salvation?

But of course Olivencia isn't doing that! We're arguing with the scriptures not him. Interesting viewpoint he has there isn't it? :rolleyes:

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Olivencia,
    I have watched your posts since you joined. I do not know if you were beat as a kid by a woman, or what your deal is, but to use Scripture to support a hatred is an outrage. I am no fan of the feminist movement, but I am a fan of mutual love and respect in a marriage, and that should be true of any marriage, in any culture or any religion, even if one ignores the Bible. The Bible takes it to a deeper level in Christ. You do not even meet secular standards.

My opinion, you have no business being married. If I was a woman (which I am not), and was married to you (which would never happen), and you told me the garbage you have been posting, this is where you would spend your nights.
    [​IMG]

7. Olivencia

Olivencia New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olivencia
    Check out Acts 13:10 and that is what this person and anyone denies what all these lexicons are asserting applies to.

Acts 13:10 says "and said, "You son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, full of all deceit and villainy, will you not stop making crooked the straight paths of the Lord?"

So let me understand. You are saying that if someone disagrees with man's lexicon, that he is a son of the devil and an enemy of God? That would make them an unbeliever, wouldn't it? You are saying anyone who disagrees with you is unsaved?

--> No, three lexicons not lexicon while they supply none of their own (opinion) AND they accuse me of supporting the beating of a wife when they have no proof for it. That is a false accusation then they don't aplogize. He is acting like he is unsaved. Whether he is or not is between him and God.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Oooooh, isn't it against the rules to question someone's salvation?

--> I'm not questioning it. I said he is acting like it.
    At least I clarify my words when pressed unlike him.
    --------------------------------------------
    Olivencia,
    I have watched your posts since you joined. I do not know if you were beat as a kid by a woman, or what your deal is, but to use Scripture to support a hatred is an outrage.

--> Hatred? I have cited several New Testament Greek lexicons. I guess that they ought to be classified as books of hate :)

My opinion, you have no business being married. If I was a woman (which I am not), and was married to you (which would never happen), and you told me the garbage you have been posting, this is where you would spend your nights.

--> Thanks for letting me know what you think about what God loves and commands.

#27 Olivencia, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are quite welcome. What I did is let you know what I think about your warped ideas of marriage and how to treat a woman. How I live my life and follow God's commands concerning marriage is between me, my wife, and the Lord. It certainly does not come from your inability to understand the marriage model in Scripture.

9. Olivencia

Olivencia New Member

Thank you for your opinion that is devoid of the facts......next

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm sorry but you said that Acts 13:10 applies to anyone who denies what the lexicons are saying. Acts 13:10 is speaking to unbelievers. You questioned the salvation of a fellow board member.

I'm really getting tired of reporting your posts.

11. Olivencia

Olivencia New Member

Acts 13:10 does speak to unbelievers. That AND they made a vicious accuation against me.
    No, I clarified my words so stop looking for yet another escape for your disobedience.
    You have no support from any Greek lexicons. You argue and argue with just your garbage opinion.

I'm really getting tired of reporting your posts.

BYE

#31 Olivencia, May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  12. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Olivencia, talk about being disgusting. That post was far from being nice in any form. You owe Ann an apology.

#32 sag38, May 28, 2009
  13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Olivencia, talk about being disgusting. That post was far from being nice in any form. You owe Ann an apology.[/quote]
    I reported this post, I think the first one in three years. That was about the worst name I have seen here. This has been going on since he joined.

#33 saturneptune, May 28, 2009
  14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sigh - True colors come through in disagreeable times, don't they?

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you admit that you accused a BB member of being an unbeliever.

My "garbage opinion" is an opinion from the Holy Spirit teaching me. I'm sorry if you disagree with that but being angry, hostile and unbelievably rude is not the answer.

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Olivencia, I NEVER accused you of physically beating your wife.

My direct words from post #6 on the "Marriage Preparation" (what a misnomer!) thread were-

As anyone who knows how to use a lexicon should understand, "beat" does not automatically mean physical. I stand by what I said. And judging from your words to others on this matter- I would say that my assessment of you is not off the mark.

I pity you. And as I typed this I asked the Lord to have mercy upon you and open your eyes to His grace and mercy.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

Ann, I have a feeling that were you not a woman, your posts would not be met with such venom from Olivencia. Nowhere close.

Methinks someone on this board has issues with women. Sad.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So? phobeo does not usually contain "terror" as a nuance.

In fact phoboe usually needs an adverb or adjective (for the noun form) to approach anything related to "terror".

Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.​

Rather than a lexicon (which has it's place) compare Scripture with Scripture.

IMO The following passage is an illustration of the kind of phobos a wife should give her husband:

NKJ Mark 6:20 for Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just and holy man, and he protected him. And when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly.​

The result of Herod's "phobeo" towards John the Baptist: he "protected him" and "heard him gladly".​

Why wouldn't a woman have this phobos for her husband if he is a just and holy man? The result: She would hear him gladly and protect his name and reputation.​

On the otherhand there is IMO this spirit of antichrist in the feminist movement.
    It's focus is to engender contempt of maleness.
    Its goal: the demasculinization of men.
    All this under the cloak of the "liberation" of women.

In reality, it's purpose is to blaspheme God by undermining His spiritual requirements of marriage and the traditional family.

Yes, the feminist movemement blends into it's agenda a few issues which indeed have a need to be addressed. The rest is from the evil one.

My opinion, of course.

HankD

#38 HankD, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Hank,

Lest there be any misunderstanding, I doubt anyone here is advocating the feminist movement.

I personally am advocating for a BALANCED BIBLICAL VIEWPOINT of what constitutes a relationship between a husband and wife.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I know that Mex. IMO the subject of "feminism" (so-called) is directly related to the O/P.

I am making the point that the "feminist" movement (although it makes no woman more feminine) is an issue we need to deal with both in and out of the sphere of influence of the churches.

Although we may not advocate it's agenda we need to be aware that it's influence may "creep in" unawares as do many other agendi of this world's evil system.

Perhaps Olivencia has seen this and has gone overboard and misplaced his response by "preaching" (or whatever) to the choir.

HankD