1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Netanyahu Speech

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rolfe, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watched it. Understand why the Obama Administration was so against it. Rather made Obama look like Neville Chamberlain.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So he spoke the truth. I will have to watch it later when I have more time.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I haven't watched it yet. But here's my thing with Netanyahu. You have disrespected the Office of the President of the United States and acted like you really don't care what the current President and his administration are trying to do whatever that may be.

So why come make a speech? Be a maverick and go ahead and bomb Iran if you don't like what the current President of your greatest ally is doing or planning.

4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our President has forgotten that he is Equal to Congress, not above them. I have no problem with Congress inviting a foreign dignitary from speaking especially since they are the ones that have to approve all treaties. So there was no disrespect on Netanyahu's part toward the President but their was a great deal of disrespect from President Obama toward Netanyahu, but I expected nothing better from him as he has been antagonistic toward Israel since he was elected.

5. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

1. Netanyahu is a world leader. Not a child. He is under no obligation to grovel at Obama's feet.

2. Obama himself has been rude, dismissive, and outright insulting to Netanyahu for years, the leader of our only ally in the area.

3. Obama's administration has used obscenities to insult and defame Netanyahu, leader of our only ally in the area.

4. Obama and his administration have tried to bully, blackmail, and threaten Israel and Netanyahu into doing what they demand to the detriment of Israel and the advantage of Iran.

Obama should probably be thankful all Netanyahu did was give a speech to Congress.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you dispute any of the facts about Iran that Netanyahu outlined?

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama has not been disrespected in any way by the Prime Minister. Congress has call whom ever they want to come speak to them without need to clear it through the President.

Netanyahu is fighting for the survival of his country as Iran is a known terrorist state and the current regime has made its intentions known to wipe Israel off the map.

His speech and time with congress was not only appropriate but needful.

8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Benjamin Netanyahu is not beholden to Obama. His allegiance and responsibility is to Israel.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If any of the above are true, and I'm not saying that they aren't, then that's even more reason for him to have NOT come.

It wreaks of partisan politics and will serve no purpose in influencing the President's current plan.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I haven't listened yet.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then stay in Israel and be allegianced and responsible to Israel instead of grandstanding in front of Congress.

It's an affront to the President no matter what he and the Republicans are trying to say.

How does this speech help his allegiance and responsibility to Israel when he has essentially spit in the face of the man who can make the decision to "assist" with Iran?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That's a bunch of hooey and you know it. It's partisan and that's the only reason for not notifying the White House first before arranging for him to speak.

And this speech in what way helps that fight?

Needful for what? What's he going to say that most of the members of Congress didn't already know?

Needful suggests that you well know that the intent of his little speech was to influence US Foreign Policy. And that's the very thing I surmise that the people who invited him were hoping for.

It's another reason why it's disrespectful to invite the head of another state without clearing it with the White House.

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say that you have not listened to the speech, yet you have formed an opinion? I think that you have preformed it.

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, many comments and opinions about a speech not listened to.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've formed an opinion about the motif of the speech. Anybody who is paying attention to the timing could come to the same conclusion.

So I ask again, what purpose does his speech serve? And why is he inserting himself into US Foreign Policy with assistance from the Speaker of the House?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Where have I once said anything about anything specific said in a speech of which I have not listened?

I'm speaking to the purpose. I don't care what he said.

I fully agree that the US should be doing everything it can to stand with Israel. I disagree with him attempting to influence the current HOW in the manner that he and Boehner have set upon.

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A warning to the U.S. about Iran's true intentions.

Because apparently Obama is willing to sign a treaty with Iran that would delay their ability to build a nuclear bomb by only 10 years. If true, that would be a bad treaty, and Boehner wants us to know what Israel thinks about it.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one listened carefully to the speech there was one reason and one reason only why Netanyahu gave this speech.

To get America's permission PUBLICLY to BOMB Iran if Israel must stand alone against the Ayatollah.

And he got it!

When he said "and if Israel must stand alone, Israel WILL stand alone!",
    He got a standing O (from DEMs and REPs). In other words BOMBS AWAY BiBi, we have your back.

So now the Ayatollah and his infidel buddy Putin (and in fact the whole world) knows what the worst of the consequences are going to be if they attempt to destroy Israel.

HankD

#18 HankD, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#19 Rolfe, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He's said that very thing before about this situation. We've already known that. If that's all he was going to do, he could have done so from Israel and it still would have gotten the attention .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.