1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curt Schilling/daughter/twitter/comments/people fired and suspended

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by FARWALKER, Mar 4, 2015.

1. FARWALKER

FARWALKER New Member

Talking about horrible comments made after proud dad Curt Schilling tweeted about his daughter's future future athletic career at the college she'll be attending, it appears a ticket sales guy from the NY Yankees, and a college radio talk show host have been fired and suspended.

Talk show hosts here in my area speak as if he asked for it when he tweeted the comments. I would expect that in this day and age one should expect some bad comments especially if you are a former MLB pitcher of his caliber. I will not repeat the extremely derogatory comments posted. I will say the two or three I saw were indeed horrible. The talk show hosts went on to say that you cannot take comments on social media seriously and you should expect things like what happened to happen. I wonder if these guys would agree when world leaders/ISIS supporters tweet death to America if we should these serious.

Should we tolerate, as a society, the terrible things people post in places this Twitter, FB, ect.....?
    Should governmental security agencies ignore tweets from dangerous world leaders?

I appreciate Mr. Schilling fronting out the people who spoke so inappropriately in whatever world you're in.

#1 FARWALKER, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who says that the comments made about this man's daughter were "not to be taken seriously" or came from "his asking for them" are certifiable idiots.

Those comments made were very frightening to me and I am an old broad who doesn't flinch easily. I can only imagine how a young girl getting ready for college saw them. And I cannot imagine the anger of a father who had to read them.

Yes, men have their locker room talk.

But this wasn't your stereotypical jock conversation.

This was sexually and violently threatening to a degree that I didn't know that people said openly and publicly.

I know people talk like this anonymously - but with your name attached for the world to see - saying what you are going to do to this man's daughter to his face (well, on Twitter)?

This was some of the sickest part of humanity's soul I've seen in a while.

Anyone who excuses it is sick themselves.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was great. Might make people think twice when consequences are a possibility. You don't even have to be a celebrity to have this power.