1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Netanyahu Speech

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rolfe, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jeez.... are we having a sacred cow get bashed?

#61 kyredneck, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That's the problem here, Obama didn't handle it and he was bullied by Bibi and by Congress - who got their way and who scored the most points?

All Obama did was to claim he didn't even watch it live (doubtful) and claim that there was nothing new in Bibi's speech, but there was - the real problem he said he had with the "deal" was the sunset clause and he strongly implied that if that was gone, he might agree to it.

Bibi looked like a statesman, Obama looked like the lame duck that he is. I think he was punked. But I see your point, "the Bibi is the new Winston Churchill and Obama is Neville Chamberlain" idea is off base. These addresses to Congress by leaders of other countries hit the low points years ago, when Calderon told Congress he didn't approve of AZ's immigration law.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obummer looked about as presidential as dingy harry reid!

That is a first!

Netanyahu made Obummer look like the wimp he is!

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh ..... were you and athletic supporter too?
    So sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out. :thumbs:

5. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel is one of the true allies of the United States. You could count them on one hand, maybe England, Australia, New Zealand, and some of the Eastern European countries. Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East.

Having said that, the relationship between the United States and Israel is a secular relationship. The United States is not the missing tribes, nor is the fate of the United States resting on our treatment of Israel which has always been good. The fate of the United States is how this nation humbles itself before a Holy God. I would say we are not doing very well in that department.

Netanyahu is a rare leader that has a backbone. Obviously our leaders do not. Obama not meeting with him or failing to attend the speech is an outrage. By the same token, Speaker Bonehead and his fellow RINOs like McConnell did not invite Netanyahu because of some high principles. They invited him for political grandstanding. Democrats and Republicans are all about smoke and mirrors.

We need leaders like Netanyahu, with a backbone. We need leaders that are guided by the Lord first, but also has a set of beliefs and follows them regardless of political advantage or polls. When was the last time we had a President with a backbone. I submit he left office in 1989. Paint the picture in your mind of the three Bushes, Clinton, Obama, Romney or McCain having a moral compass. It is almost laughable if it was not so sad. Netanyahu is spot on about Iran. Our negotiations are a waste of time, and those talks have continued under both Republicans and Democrats. Again, another sign there is no difference between the two. The only solution to the problem is to destroy their nuclear facilities. A joint effort between Israel and the United States could accomplish this in a few hours.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that you are it that type of mood again. It is fine. I will just wait for your next self-flagellating public apology thread.

#66 Rolfe, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  7. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if we are going to talk about athletic supporters, lets put is where it really goes. The President is the athletic supporter and the Republican Congress is the jock itch.

8. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everybody always says that, glibly, like it's unquestionably true; never mind how history has shown their unfaithfulness in the past to their 'supposed' allies , yea, even to their own people. They turned on the Brits by committing the first terrorist act of the 20th century with the King David hotel bombing where scores of innocents were killed or injured, the Zionists betrayed the European Jews by collaborating with Hitler, they maliciously attacked the USS Liberty, several 'false flag' operations under their belt, etc., etc..... innocent, virtuous, they are not.

War talk on Iran forces the issue: Is Israel a formal US ally?

"Obama and Netanyahu can't agree on a threshold for attacking Iran if they also lack clarity on whether the US and Israel are formal allies. Will Israel abandon its strategy of defense self-reliance?

According to polls, Americans remain wary of supporting the idea of either Israel or the United States – or both together – attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities.

Perhaps one reason for this hesitancy is the fact that Israel, in a historic choice to rely on itself for defense, has never become an official US ally.

America has no treaty obligation to come to Israel’s defense as it does with many countries in Europe and Asia....."

#68 kyredneck, Mar 5, 2015
  9. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I am quite aware of the USS Liberty more than you think. I also know we have no formal treaty with Israel. The fact remains they are the only democracy in the Middle East. On the nuclear program, what do you suggest, that we continue over a decade of failed talks under both Democrat and Republican administrations? As I said above, Israel is just another country in the family of nations. Our relationship with them is secular. There is no spiritual bond between the government of Israel and the United States.

As far as Obama and Netanyahu not liking each other, both will probably be out of power in less than two years. The dislike says more about Obama than Netanyahu.

10. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Only if you consider God and His Holy Word a cow! :thumbsup:

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christian Zionism is just as fanatical as radical Islam. Indeed, it lies at the root of this whole ME mess.

#71 kyredneck, Mar 5, 2015
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I figured.

HankD

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never knew there was such a thing as Christian Zionism (really).
    Do they behead, crucify, burn their victims?
    Do you mean such organizations as the KKK?

Thanks
    HankD

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you know there was such a thing as internet search engines? (really)

Christian Zionism (formerly known as Premillennial Dispensationalism)

No, they unconditionally support Israel and her war crimes against humanity politically, religiously, financially while taking their ease at home and gleefully indulging in the excitement of living in the last days and watching the great tribulation materialize before their eyes. Kinda like sitting on the couch and watching a really good thriller or playing a video game in your living room. As long as all this 'last days' stuff goes on 'over there', they're just snug as a bug in a rug with their heresy.

No, I don't believe they have succumbed to this heresy, but they're not a church either.

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do I detect a note of glee from you in this? Does this excite you to think 'God's Chosen People' may do this?

The more probable reality is that Israel is coercing the U.S. to get militarily involved by the threat of them unleashing their nuclear arsenal. It's what prompted Nixon to save them with the airlift during Yom Kippur War.

I think it may be called blackmail.

#75 kyredneck, Mar 5, 2015
  16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    kyredneck,
    I am a dispensationlist of sorts although some other dispensationalists would not call me by that title. However I have no desire nor would take glee in killing anyone even in self defense (which morally I am able to do).

And yes IMO "redeemed Israel" will be called out of the nation of Israel after the flesh. But "redeemed Israel" is the corresponding name for True Christians, we are both part of the Abrahamic covenant.

On the other hand Israel after the flesh is our (America's) ally, they certainly are not perfect but as our ally I support them.
    Should they bomb Iran to save themselves I personally have no objection and in reality we can't know who shares the greater blame in any given showdown.

Iran (not our ally) has vowed to destroy both the Saturday (Israel) and the Sunday (Christian) peoples. Others (German, Japanese, English) have tried.

Glee? well only in the sense that I am happy I do not have to "sieg heil" or bow to an image of a Japanese emperor. Hopefully I won't need to buy a prayer rug in the near future either.

Really, I don't care the race, religion, color, creed of any group of people
    But when it comes to self-defense and protecting my family and country. If AlQaeda or the Shalalie Bagpipe Boys come down my rural road looking to behead me and/or my family they will meet with a hail of lead (and other projectiles) along the way (I am not good at turning the other cheek).

HankD

#76 HankD, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  17. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent delineation of differences - agree totally!! :jesus:

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Congrats, you win dumbest comment of the year award.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Second that :thumbs:

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "What is the message of the Christian Zionist? Simply stated it is this: Every act taken by Israel is orchestrated by God, and should be condoned, supported, and even praised by the rest of us."

Christians should be the wisest, most discerning people on earth, yet millions of you have succumbed to this stupidity. Only Satan could devise such a deception. Christian Zionism presents a 180 degree return to the very first heresy of the early church, giving 'Israel after the flesh' the preeminence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.