1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith plus right beliefs

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 9, 2012.

?
  1. Those who hold to faith alone in Jesus

45.5%
  2. Those who hold to faith in Jesus plus works

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Those who hold to faith in Jesus plus right beliefs

18.2%
  4. Baptists only who believe as I do

9.1%
  5. Anyone who has faith in Jesus -- Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, etc.

36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Acts 4:12 (KJV)
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 8:56 (KJV)
    Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it , and was glad.

The only way to be saved is through faith in Christ

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No you don't because the Gospel is that salvation is by Jesus Christ and yet you say that there is salvation apart from Jesus.

3. Steadfast Fred

The archbishop is training spiritual thieves and robbers to enter heaven by means other than the Door.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am quite confused what Romans 2 has to do with this discussion. In that chapter Paul addresses how all Jews come under the condemnation of sin. He is not speaking of the gospel at all. Salvation is through Christ alone. What does chapter two of the book of Romans have to do with it?
    Please explain Michael.

5. Steadfast Fred

His faulty interpretation of verses 7 and 13 cause him to dismiss the truth concerning where Salvation is found

#145 Steadfast Fred, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

No, by God's mercy through Jesus for those who never heard of Him.

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

That's true -- for those who have heard of Him.

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Please continue with your lies and slander, you accuser; you are heaping coals on your own head. God will stop you.

People who have never heard of Jesus have not received training from any minister of the Gospel.

You are a blasphemer because you deny the truth of Romans 2 and other scripture.

The more you lie and accuse me, the deeper the hole becomes that you are digging for yourself. One day you might not be able to get out.

You are devoid of truth.

#148 Michael Wrenn, Jun 12, 2012
  9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Wrong again. And why do you focus on only those two verses? The entire chapter supports what I am saying.

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

The discussion has taken this turn because this clown keeps spewing lies, slandering, and insulting me. He has compared me with Satan. He gets away with it, so I feel justified in defending myself in any appropriate way.

I have maintained that God makes provision for those who have not had a chance to hear the Gospel; I have provided historical evidence for others who have believed this, and I have provided scriptural support.

This clown has responded by going beyond questioning my salvation to comparing me with Satan; lied about what I believe and am doing in my ministry; mocked and attacked me personally, and misrepresented my position. He is the most vile and dishonest creature calling himself a Christian I have ever encountered on any forum.

I love debate. He is not debating.

11. Steadfast Fred

I do not deny the truth of Romans 2. You twist the truth or Romans 2. In Paul's letter to the Romans he reveals that God has concluded that all have sinned and that the wages for that sin is death, but that the gift of eternal life is through Jesus Christ the Lord. One must believe in the Lord Jesus Christ or that one will die in his sin.

It is you who is guilty of denying the truth of Romans 2, not I.

12. Steadfast Fred

Your responses are not appropriate. You twist the word of truth into a lie.

13. Steadfast Fred

Paul clearly teaches that we are saved by grace through faith, not of works lest anyone should boast.

The archbishop teaches that people are saved by works.

Who are we supposed to believe? The Word of God? or a deceiver?

14. Steadfast Fred

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me."
    The deceiver says one doesn't even have to know Jesus to be saved.

The Apostle Paul said Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His (Jesus Christ's) mercy He saved us.
    The deceiver says one can be saved apart from Jesus Christ.

Jesus said "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
    The deceiver says everyone has that light... even those who don't know Jesus.

I'll take my chances with the Bible. The deceiver is batting 0 thus far.

Jesus said that He is the door and if any man enter in by any other way he is a thief and a robber.
    The deceiver says man doesn't even have to know who Jesus is.

The deceiver is training spiritual thieves and robbers.

#154 Steadfast Fred, Jun 12, 2012
  15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It doesn't matter what Fred says, it matters what the Bible says. My question to you was: What does Romans 2 have to do with this discussion on faith, especially, salvation is by faith.
    I am sorry but God doesn't have "history" outside of the Bible. So any such "history must be discounted.
    What you "maintain" must be in accordance with Scripture or else it must be discounted.
    I am not interested in what he has said about you. Why have you posted Romans 2 as a defense for your position? What has that got to do with the price of peanuts these days?
    okay.

16. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If it sounds like a cult leader, looks like a cult leader, and acts like a cult leader, then, yep, must be the leader of his own little made up cult.

17. Steadfast Fred

You are correct, archbishop sounds like a cult leader, looks like a cult leader, and acts like a cult leader. Yep, must be the leader of his own little made up cult.

His teaching that one can be saved apart from faith in Christ is contrary to "not of works lest any man should boast."
    His teaching that one can be saved apart from faith in Christ is contrary to "he that believeth not is condemned already."

#157 Steadfast Fred, Jun 12, 2012
  18. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

:thumbsup::applause:

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

If I understand correctly, the debate has moved to the question of whether someone can be saved who has never heard the gospel.

It seems rational to hold that one cannot be condemned for unbelief of something he's never heard. Yet the scriptures are clear that one is saved by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

So, on what basis is such a person condemned? I believe Romans 2:14-15 provides the answer.
    I suggest that these verses mean that all of us have a sense of right and wrong. In other words, we have a moral code of some kind. Those who have never heard the gospel will be judged against their own moral code. Of course, they can't even live up to their own code. So when they are condemned, they will acknowledge that the judgment is just.

20. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tom, if someone is suggesting that mere ignorance of the gospel keeps them out of hell then please lets keep the gospel a secret and keep all men in ignorance so none will go to hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.