1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don Cass

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Servent

Servent Member

Anyone here know anything about him.

2. RandR

RandR New Member

Not much.

He served in New Mexico for a number of years, several at the state convention, before moving back to Texas to pastor. He stayed at the church less than a year before taking a position as Evangelism Director at the SBTC. I'm a bit underwhelmed, but several colleagues think very highly of him. That's about it.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, my impression of him was that he fit the typical baptist preacher stereotype. Big hair, loud booming voice, shinny black boots etc... He took Greenacres in Temple and then left for the SBTC position after about 7 or 8 months. I know that many there where not happy with the way he left. Many in NM felt he left NM because it was made clear to him (I don't know how this is even possible) that he wasn't going to be named the new Executive Director when Claude Cone retired. I don't know if that is true or not, but you could not have found two different people then Cass and Cone.

My guess is that his personality is so strong that he rubs people the wrong way sometimes even though, as evidenced by his years in ministry, his heart seems to be in the right place.